Limit for Cashing a check on board

fedexretiree

There are ATM's on board but you really don't want to use them.  The fee is around US$6.50 per withdrawal plus the fee you bank may or may not charge.  Very expensive.  Cashing a check for US$200.00 is quit and easy.  WE do it on almost every cruise for extra tip at the end.  Enjoy your cruise.

We just bring the cash we think we might need...larger bills are easier to carry, and can be broken into smaller denominations on the ship.  Your cabin will have a safe for storage.  Whatever we don't spend goes back into the bank on our return!

On 11/28/2018 at 8:09 AM, jelayne said:

When we do long B2B cruises we make 1 withdrawal from the ATM of $400-500.  Our bank doesn’t charge a fee, so the $6.50 is about 1,5% and we prefer paying that rather than carrying cash.

Thanks jelayne-- we are just starting to think about this and, like you, I really do not want to be in a position where we are wandering around international airports and big cities carrying several thousand dollars.  Do you happen to know what the limit on the ship ATM is (per withdrawal or per day)?  I'm guessing we would probably want to take out like $3-5k over the course of the cruise.  I'd happily pay 1% to avoid traveling with it but do not want to pay much more than that!