Ocean Ready - for Ocean Medallion

Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Yes,  I have already printed my boarding pass.  Here is what I just found out by trial and error.  The Ocean Now app is tied to Ocean Ready app;  meaning, I did not need to create an account with Ocean Now;  I used my current login info for both apps.  Now all is good and I have total access.  My Ocean Ready app is complete and I have requested Ocean Medallions to be sent to our home address.  So as of 10 Jan; everything is working fine.  

What is the Ocean Now app? Is it something we will need to use onboard? 

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I am on the Caribbean Princess in March.  I have printed our boarding pass/luggage tags.

I would like to get the Ocean Ready.

I can not find Ocean Ready in the Apple  App Store.

Can you show me where I can find it?

Not sure why you might be having a problem.  Just go to the search function on apples app store and type in Ocean Ready.  Comes right up.

31 minutes ago, franktown said:

Not sure why you might be having a problem.  Just go to the search function on apples app store and type in Ocean Ready.  Comes right up.

I recently started using a iPad so slowing learning.

I go to the Apple App Store, put Ocean Ready in the Search and nothing shows up.  

Is it because I am trying on my iPad and not my phone?  I plan on using my iPad on the ship and not my phone.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I am on the Caribbean Princess in March.  I have printed our boarding pass/luggage tags.

I would like to get the Ocean Ready.

I can not find Ocean Ready in the Apple  App Store.

Can you show me where I can find it?

I loaded the Ocean Compass App first and created my account.  Once that App is on your iPad or iPhone, you can press the concentric circles in the lower right corner (on my iPhone) and bring up the other 5 Ocean Apps that you can choose to add.  I am only using the Ocean Compass and Ocean Ready Apps. 

I hope that helps/works for you.

Judy

43 minutes ago, phabric said:

I go to the Apple App Store, put Ocean Ready in the Search and nothing shows up.  

Is it because I am trying on my iPad and not my phone?  I plan on using my iPad on the ship and not my phone.

I do not have a ipad but my wife does so I asked her to see if she could find it. She just went to the app store on her ipad went to the search function typed in Ocean Ready and the app came right up.  I do not know why it's not coming up for you.  Wish I could be of more help.

What is the advantage of the Ocean Ready App?  I see on CC that many have glitches with it and have spent a great deal of time talking with Princess to resolve these. If we are on a cruise where they are issued, April on Regal, why not just wait until check in and have it handed to you? It looks like Princess loads the medallion with our personal info, passport info, credit card info etc. Why redo all that on an app at home?  What advantage does the app provide?

22 minutes ago, franktown said:

I do not have a ipad but my wife does so I asked her to see if she could find it. She just went to the app store on her ipad went to the search function typed in Ocean Ready and the app came right up.  I do not know why it's not coming up for you.  Wish I could be of more help.

I was able to find Ocean Ready.

Being from Canada, I will have to wait until at the dock to get my Ocean Medallion.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, Ep010835 said:

I added photos of our passports as the ap described. Even doing so, our passports were checked 3 times during the boarding process. My guess is that this OM component is not yet operational.   

I took photos of each of us as the app described and made them part of our individual profiles. First thing that happened when we set foot on the boat? We had our pictures taken. These onsite photos were added to our shipboard profiles. As it turned out, taking our own photos at home was a waste of time.

Although adding a credit card is not (yet?) part of the ap, we added our cc info to our booking before leaving home so were never asked to produce a cc during checkin/boarding  

Well, call me Captain Paranoia, but uploading photos of Passports is a non-starter for me. I have enough of a concern with entering in my credit card and Passport information into the Personalizer. I don't trust Princess' IT department or anything in between. 

What happens to your Passport info? Where is it stored and how is it used? 

Inputting info is one thing but actual photos of the Passport? Uh, no thanks! :classic_unsure:

35 minutes ago, gma rae said:

What advantage does the app provide?

In addition to getting your cruise started a bit sooner, doing it before arriving at checkin gives you the opportunity to add an avitar for each person. 

Im just not crazy about having our photos pop up on every Ocean Compass display screen we walk past for the entire cruise. 

Besides, it’s just kinda fun, too. 

Took me about 30 minutes to do both of us. A big part of which was finding avatars we both liked. 

2 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Well, call me Captain Paranoia, but uploading photos of Passports is a non-starter for me. I have enough of a concern with entering in my credit card and Passport information into the Personalizer. I don't trust Princess' IT department or anything in between. 

What happens to your Passport info? Where is it stored and how is it used? 

Inputting info is one thing but actual photos of the Passport? Uh, no thanks! :classic_unsure:

Completely optional.  You do not have to use the app.  You do not have to scan your passport, you do not have to submit a picture of yourself.  You don't have to tell them your favorite color.  You can use the medallion exactly the way you use the card key--boarding/leaving the ship, opening your cabin door, charging on-board purchases.

Yes, you will still have to enter your credit card and passport numbers into the personalizer.

I have no "medallion" cruises scheduled.  I am a reasonably smart guy, and I am reasonably technical--40 years in the industry.  However, I never want to be on the bleeding edge of technology.  I am happy to wait for the "early adapters" find all the bugs before I step up to use it.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the number for tech support.  I have set up the app and entered info for me and my DH for our cruise on CB in February.  I think, or thought I had ordered the medallions but  never received an email confirming.  I think I might be having some glitches.  I completed personalizers for both of us but on the home page where it shows your progress of completing the process, it is indicating that my personalizer is not completed.  

6 minutes ago, cibaygirls said:

Thanks for the number for tech support.  I have set up the app and entered info for me and my DH for our cruise on CB in February.  I think, or thought I had ordered the medallions but  never received an email confirming.  I think I might be having some glitches.  I completed personalizers for both of us but on the home page where it shows your progress of completing the process, it is indicating that my personalizer is not completed.  

😃

There are four segments around your photo/avatar. Each turns from red to green as you complete the associated task. When you are finished, all of the four segments will be green. 

Which one on yours is still red?

16 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Completely optional.  

As usual, XBGuy nailed it. 

To take it a step further, tell them to keep the OM device. They’ll them you don’t want it. 

Smile, take the cruise card, use it as you always have and enjoy your cruise!!

9 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

😃

There are four segments around your photo/avatar. Each turns from red to green as you complete the associated task. When you are finished, all of the four segments will be green. 

For me the cruise personalizer and travel documents and for my husband just the travel documents.  I have not scanned either of our passports in yet, but did do the personalizer for us

23 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I have no "medallion" cruises scheduled.  I am a reasonably smart guy, and I am reasonably technical--40 years in the industry.  However, I never want to be on the bleeding edge of technology.  I am happy to wait for the "early adapters" find all the bugs before I step up to use it.

And the security flaws. 

Being also from an IT background, I agree completely. Let others be the beta testers.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

One suggestion: If you have an older iPad with IOS (operating system) 9.2 or before, you may need to update to IOS 12. I lave an old iPad mini (first generation) and could not get the Ocean Ready app from the Apple Store. My new iPad with IOS 12 works fine. The newer apps now require IOS 12. Hope this helps

19 minutes ago, cibaygirls said:

For me the cruise personalizer and travel documents and for my husband just the travel documents.  I have not scanned either of our passports in yet, but did do the personalizer for us

Travel Documents = passport 

so it makes sense those parts are red. 

For the CP, I’m guessing you missed one or more components. It’s kinda finicky. Unless it’s all complete, you get a red segment. 

21 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

And the security flaws. 

Being also from an IT background, I agree completely. Let others be the beta testers.

But you know what, they’re just plain fun to use. 

Beta can be a blast!! 😃

I also could not find the app in the Apple App Store.  Called the Ocean Navigator Department and found out that my iPad is too old!  Generation 3 running iOS 9.3.5 which is as high as a Gen 3 can handle. 🙁

Guess I will be using my Android phone to get "Ocean Ready".

Oops, just saw kjg46's post.

Also, the Ocean Navigator I spoke with said they are also working on a way to do Ocean Ready from a computer rather than from a mobile device.

Edited by kb4683

53 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

😃

I think I may have the same problem. I have completed all steps, however it is telling me I need to go to the Princess Cruise Personalizer. I have done that, and that page shows me as complete, but the Ocean App won't show it as complete.

The boarding pass and luggage tags have not yet been posted to the Princess site (not until 75 days prior to cruise, which is about 90 days out). Is this what is causing the failure to complete? 

2 minutes ago, BDRebel said:

The boarding pass and luggage tags have not yet been posted to the Princess site (not until 75 days prior to cruise, which is about 90 days out). Is this what is causing the failure to complete? 

You might want to call the toll free number (above) to be certain but I’m betting your assumption is correct.