Ocean Ready - for Ocean Medallion

Wishing on a star

18 hours ago, BDRebel said:

I think I may have the same problem. I have completed all steps, however it is telling me I need to go to the Princess Cruise Personalizer. I have done that, and that page shows me as complete, but the Ocean App won't show it as complete.

That is exactly what is happening to me.  

Wait until about 75 days prior to your cruise, when the boarding pass and luggage tags are posted.

I think the app is reading incomplete because the passes are not posted (they do not post until your check-in process is complete. Therefore the app sees that the passes are not posted, therefore there is something missing in your check-in).

On 1/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, WisCruiser2 said:

What is the Ocean Now app? Is it something we will need to use onboard? 

Hi,  the Ocean Now app will be used onboard;  it will allow you to order food or drinks;  so lets say your in club fusion watching a show;  you can order your beer from your app.  The waitstaff will know what table you are at and will bring the beer to that table; without you having to wait for them to take your order; your order will already be placed.  Same with food;  It is a little over the top; however, the potential should be great

17 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Thanks, AF-1! My next question is do the Ocean Now, Ocean Compass, etc. apps work with the ship INTRAnet or do you have to be connected to the paid INTERnet to use them?

They will work on the Ships intranet.  You won't have to buy minutes to use them.  

Here is a good video from Princess:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

They will work on the Ships intranet.  You won't have to buy minutes to use them.  

Here is a good video from Princess:

The only downside I've found to OM is now that I've sailed with it, non-OM cruises are clearly missing something. I'm spoiled. I admit it. 😀❤️

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

The only downside I've found to OM is now that I've sailed with it, non-OM cruises are clearly missing something. I'm spoiled. I admit it. 😀❤️

I will feel the same way when I return from next months cruise on Caribbean Princess

On 1/13/2019 at 7:28 AM, Ep010835 said:

I was looking forward to OM on the Golden last November (as per the original announced schedule). All the sensors/hotspots have been installed everywhere though

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, franktown said:

I loaded the info for both my wife and myself on my iphone.

Remember that you can use an avatar for your shipboard identification images if you don’t want your photos to appear. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had the “full” Medallion experience on the CB in December and personally I’d rather see Princess spend the money on ships, food, etc.  I had issues setting things up through the Ocean Ready app before that cruise, called support and was told we would get our Medallions and someone would call me back to resolve my tech issue. I never got a call back, but we did get our Medallions. 

I’m now trying to go through the process for our March cruise on the Regal. Again I’m getting the error message that the legal name associated with my reservation is already linked to another account on the Ocean Ready app. I’ve tried it on my iPhone as well as iPad. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. I’ll call support agian, but so far I’ve found this very frustrating for little benefit. 

On 1/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Ep010835 said:

Remember that you can use an avatar for your shipboard identification images if you don’t want your photos to appear.

If I wait until embarkation to get the medallion  can I still choose to use an avatar instead of a picture of myself? Or is an avatar only possible if pre -ordering the medallion using ocean ready?

53 minutes ago, gma rae said:

If I wait until embarkation to get the medallion  can I still choose to use an avatar instead of a picture of myself? Or is an avatar only possible if pre -ordering the medallion using ocean ready?

Good question. I've only done it pre-cruise. 

Thinking about it though, the Ocean Ready app is internet based and you'll have internet onboard, seems to me that you should be able to do this once onboard. 

Please try and let us know what you find. 

Well I just caved and did the Ocean Ready app! I was not going to do this but I really don't want my picture up every time I walk past a kiosk! I was not sure I had the technical ability to add an image after check in and it was important to me to not see my picture at every turn! Took me longer to find and upload an image than to complete Ocean Ready!

It did not like my scan of my husbands passport, that took awhile,  0pertator error!!!

We will see if this makes a difference on embarkation and how the other apps work!

'r

The app was simple for me but hated every scan I did of my husbands passport. Took awhile! Probably operator error!

Anyone who may be getting ready to sail on a medallion class ship.  You may want to download the ocean compass app; in addition to ocean ready app.  Ocean compass allows you to chat with your spouse or partner.  It uses the ships intranet; so it won't cost anything; plus it allows you to have basically instant messaging while onboard

how much longer does it take to board if you don't do any of that pre-cruise cr*apps ? just the same as before, or do you have to go thru a naughty line to show your passport to get your medallion and cruise card ?

will we still have the same on-bored 'privileges' as those who did it beforehand ?

We are sailing on the regal in March.  Our group has 2 staterooms on separate bookings. Does anyone know if there is a way to add the people from the other cabin so that we can find them and call them with the app?  So far I only see the people in my cabin.

thanks for the assistance!