FLL to MCO

Jiffymom

Our ship arrives at FLL  7 am our flight is the next day at MCO. We will stay at the Hyatt hotel at the airport.

so with one day what do you recommend for us to do. Rent a car? How about nice beach area  for lunch.

No we don’t want to do any amusement parks. We will be just coming off a 13 day cruise. 

I considered driving to Key Largo  but that would be a long drive to our hotel.

Key Largo is WAY out of your way to Orlando.

You can fly on Southwest to Orlando from FLL but if you want to hit a beach, you'll need to rent a car.

I would rent a car and drive up to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and have lunch on the beach at Aruba.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, Keith1010 said:

We will rent a car near the fLL port then drive to the hotel at MCO. We will have all day. Our flight is the next morning.

ill need to find the best/easiest car rental then decide what to do for the day.

A nice adventure.. looking for recommendations.

Alamo and other in town locations offer free shuttles from Port Everglades - if you get a better deal renting from an agency at the airport a taxi from PE to FLL will run about $15+

I would drive up I-95 with lots of fun beach towns along the coast.  It will take about 3 hours to get to Port Canaveral with nice beaches and some fun dining options if you do not stop earlier.  From PC to MCO is an easy 1 hour drive.

Everglades tours are one option, as is the Kennedy Space Center near PC.  Traveling with kids? Adults? :classic_unsure: Without knowing your interests it is a challenge to offer suggestions close to your target.

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Alamo and other in town locations offer free shuttles from Port Everglades - if you get a better deal renting from an agency at the airport a taxi from PE to FLL will run about $15+

I would drive up I-95 with lots of fun beach towns along the coast.  It will take about 3 hours to get to Port Canaveral with nice beaches and some fun dining options if you do not stop earlier.  From PC to MCO is an easy 1 hour drive.

Everglades tours are one option, as is the Kennedy Space Center near PC.  Traveling with kids? Adults? :classic_unsure: Without knowing your interests it is a challenge to offer suggestions close to your target.

Thank you that’s exactly the information I was looking for.

I would try to get breakfast/early lunch in West Palm Beach and make sure to do a drive along A1A in West Palm Beach. Awesome views and amazing homes. 

You could head straight up 95 to the Space Center as well. 

Plenty of towns on the coast to stop in.