Diamond lounges are over capacity and guests are being turned away

Our D+ friends can’t get into the lounge or the overflow lounge because there are hundreds and hundreds of Diamond and Diamond plus on board, so many there are officers stationed outside to turn people away.  It seems to me it’s time to have Diamonds get their drinks on their cards and have the lounge for D+.  Royal doesn’t seem to have a clue how to resolve the problem!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auntiedodo said:

Our D+ friends can’t get into the lounge or the overflow lounge because there are hundreds and hundreds of Diamond and Diamond plus on board, so many there are officers stationed outside to turn people away.  It seems to me it’s time to have Diamonds get their drinks on their cards and have the lounge for D+.  Royal doesn’t seem to have a clue how to resolve the problem!

What sailing?

Man, some seem to need to find a different time to cruise.  We are well over 50, and most of them have been D+, and I can count the number of times the D lounge was over crowded on one hand.  Maybe even with one finger.  

Which is to say, if you don't like the DL overcrowding, find a different time of the year to cruise.  

We are on Oasis now.  Just attended the upper tier at the usual Aqua theater venue.  There are over 400 Ds and over 200 D+.  Not that unusually high.  Blaze is open for overflow.  Timing is everything, so if you go in just after first seating 5:30...there are plenty of seats available.  

Drink vouchers available all over the ship and at many, many bars on this big floating city.  No one is going to go thirsty.  😉  

• Like 2

I was on Explorer in September and they had so many D and D+ onboard that they moved the nightly event to the Star Lounge. Plenty of room there but even then, there were times when no seat was available. This was already arranged on the welcome letter when we boarded, so obviously they know how many D and D+ will be onboard. So why don't they do this on Oasis?

2 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Is Lounge still on deck 11? If so that is the largest D Lounge in the fleet I believe.

Yes, still on deck 11 now, but probably not after the next dry dock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackshirt said:

I was on Explorer in September and they had so many D and D+ onboard that they moved the nightly event to the Star Lounge. Plenty of room there but even then, there were times when no seat was available. This was already arranged on the welcome letter when we boarded, so obviously they know how many D and D+ will be onboard. So why don't they do this on Oasis?

Once again...timing.  Go in after first seating.  Many larger ships are ripping out the CL, and adding the suites lounge..which now puts  Ds and D+ in one lounge.  More and more baby boomers coming on, retiring..and cruising more often.  Ranks of Ds and D+ are swelling.  So what do the larger ships do?  Take out the CL.  😮 Down one lounge.  😞 

Currently on Oasis and Blaze is open for DL overflow.  

3 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Is Lounge still on deck 11? If so that is the largest D Lounge in the fleet I believe.

Yes...used to be the nicest CL in the fleet.  Was changed to the DL when they added the SL.  Original DL was tiny lounge just over the promenade...with cocktails served in Blaze before conversion.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am feeling that whip on my back right now....ouch..ouch..

.please give me another drink to ease the pain! 😮 😄 

Sorry, no drinks, too many D/D+.:classic_wink: