Quiet mellow spaces on EDGE...

hcat

We have  2 cruises booked on EDGE.

Quite a few reviews and videos  feature excessively loud music, flashing strobe lights,  general chaos,  So far it seems pervasive,...in EDEN, the Martini Bar,  the Club,.,etc    Wondering if there are any quiet mellow spots for  the evening.???

Quiet guitar music. Folk duos, etc 

Also interested in quiet spots for daytime readung, coffees etc...no creatures or flash mob  style games..

please post ideas here.....

SO MANY GREAT SPACES! Sorry for shouting. :classic_biggrin:

Eden has some really nice nooks. It's quiet during the day. And, honestly, those spaces are great in the evening, too, but not as quiet. Rainbow colored chair is tucked away in the back of middle floor of Eden. 

There are some great spaces in Cafe al Baccio. We found a great little nook. Pic with ocean view)

SR+b2JEHRQqMSrdFjT+iJw.jpg

vgzWyb%IRRKBRAKPVyRkdQ.jpg

Great start..thanks.

.I guess the heated loungers  in thermal suites area are also good..and the Relaxation Room!

Hope Baccio dies not turn into a default card room as has been the case on S class! Ties up tables and can be chatty.

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great start..thanks.

.I guess the heated loungers  in thermal suites area are also good..and the Relaxation Room!

Hope Baccio dies not turn into a default card room as has been the case on S class! Ties up tables and can be chatty.

We got a drink and climbed the Ramp in Eden and found a place looking down and enjoyed it very much.  Our cruise was too cold and windy to sit out at the Roof Top Garden but I think it will be nice.  

Katie

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We have  2 cruises booked on EDGE.

Quite a few reviews and videos  feature excessively loud music, flashing strobe lights,  general chaos,  So far it seems pervasive,...in EDEN, the Martini Bar,  the Club,.,etc    Wondering if there are any quiet mellow spots for  the evening.???

Quiet guitar music. Folk duos, etc 

Also interested in quiet spots for daytime readung, coffees etc...no creatures or flash mob  style games..

please post ideas here.....

I am worried about the same problem.  Had no idea Celebrity would play loud music. I actually called my agent to cancel our cruise today but we would loose to much.  We like a quiet and relaxing cruise.  We thought we would try Celebrity as a change from Oceania. The videos I have seen do not look relaxing. 

10 minutes ago, Oville said:

We got a drink and climbed the Ramp in Eden and found a place looking down and enjoyed it very much.  Our cruise was too cold and windy to sit out at the Roof Top Garden but I think it will be nice.  

Katie

Hi Katie

Thanks for that idea.,...glad the ramp is quiet in daytime hours...Hope the Rooftop is less windy when we cruise or they out up some  wind barriers,, 

6 minutes ago, rrunner said:

I am worried about the same problem.  Had no idea Celebrity would play loud music. I actually called my agent to cancel our cruise today but we would loose to much.  We like a quiet and relaxing cruise.  We thought we would try Celebrity as a change from Oceania. The videos I have seen do not look relaxing. 

We are sticking with our 2 booked cruises...one is past final payment and we are committed to it.The other is a ? ...until after we complete the first cruise,

Not booking anything else on X for now.,the wierdness is a turn off!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hi Katie

Thanks for that idea.,...glad the ramp is quiet in daytime hours...Hope the Rooftop is less windy when we cruise or they out up some  wind barriers,, 

We were on the ramp for a drink around 7:45-8:00 and enjoyed watching Eden from above, not so chaotic..

Katie

hcat, I think you will find a lot of peace in the spa when you are AQ and as someone said, Cafe al Bacio is lovely and mellow - I didn't see music there for the 3 cruises I did, but they weren't regular cruises - on all other cruises, we've seen guitar or strings in there in the afternoon and early evening so hope that carries on.

The Club has some quieter uses during the day - my DH went to a wonderful music set by the Reckless Charms in there one evening so not always wild and crazy there. The Rooftop Garden is lovely and peaceful. Mellow music and friendly staff. The solarium was well -utilized and looked like a great space. The ship has many quiet nooks . Even the OVC looked very peaceful and nice yesterday late afternoon. Tons of comfy chairs and beautiful ocean views, people were playing cards, reading, playing with devices, some having a drink and chatting - a nice atmosphere in between feedings (I was there for my free gelato and sat in the nice outside space).

The Grand Plaza is wonderfully mellow until about 10 PM. Lots of beautiful seating for reading, chatting, etc. and some nice piano/sax music at times. They have the Grand Plaza Cafe there with little sandwiches and desserts for free, with coffee, tea, etc.

Just taking your own walking art tour is fun - I had many conversations with the crew about the pieces - they are so proud of the ship and they helped fill me in on the art. The boutique salespeople always took the time to chat and never tried to see anything to me.

The MC is a nice quiet bar with gorgeous views and wonderful, friendly staff. Eden cafe has lovely bites and a plethora of comfy, quiet places before it gets sinful. When it gets sinful, head to some of the seats in the hallways outside the venue. I loved to wander the ship at night to see all of the colors - they didn't trigger my headaches, but helped soothe me. I always was happy after seeing the pool, solarium, the Magic Forest and RTG at night - very peaceful. Dinners were all relaxing and lots of fun (and yummy!) - we loved chatting with fellow diners or the staff. They were some of my favorite events - the staff on that ship take such good care of us!

Anyway, I could go on and on

image.thumb.png.d4f304bf26eb991a68efcbf90627cdc1.pngimage.thumb.png.96ea83865d7603b8d89e80a8d5564bd7.png

image.thumb.png.50466feb60b42b4c69afda2abccbfcc6.png

image.thumb.png.763d789ddb836b2a5ebe97a75d058301.png

image.thumb.png.1c1afee924720b6e2dddc7ad4ee3ab14.png

image.thumb.png.2f20114bf98f6a2cee77690bcd4b9fd4.png

image.thumb.png.3c29d78ffba32d368dbfe83c21197b57.png

image.thumb.png.a0af8d28d358fbc1c1a069806cbf6aff.png

image.thumb.png.85743301085eb27ace4fcf56bfc99b3d.png

image.thumb.png.66ebd9b2b7ed3fad7fe24bc6668049c4.png

image.thumb.png.abc069f31207a658ae4ee3fd802dcd96.png

image.thumb.png.757f8cfc1ab434f142795e57171aa455.png

image.thumb.png.28b5770483ec1a8de2f272284d619a74.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

We are sticking with our 2 booked cruises...one is past final payment and we are committed to it.The other is a ? ...until after we complete the first cruise,

Not booking anything else on X for now.,the wierdness is a turn off!

We too are sticking with our 2 cruises, an S1 aft in January and an AQ in April.  I didn’t hate the IV and may like it better than a true veranda, but our cruise was weird do to really chilly weather.

Katie

2 hours ago, ldyluck said:

SO MANY GREAT SPACES! Sorry for shouting. :classic_biggrin:

Eden has some really nice nooks. It's quiet during the day. And, honestly, those spaces are great in the evening, too, but not as quiet. Rainbow colored chair is tucked away in the back of middle floor of Eden. 

There are some great spaces in Cafe al Baccio. We found a great little nook. Pic with ocean view)

SR+b2JEHRQqMSrdFjT+iJw.jpg

vgzWyb%IRRKBRAKPVyRkdQ.jpg

Nice shoes!!! 

Ldyluck

Where is the middle floor of Eden?

I know it has an outer ramp that goes around up to a nook... but thought it was one level with seating and a cafe,  plus a " Specialty"  restaurant..

PS   My dh not bringing any ties...hope that will work ok on EDGE!

Edited by hcat

Thanks for starting this thread, as I have been worrying about the same issue.  Celebrity has had lots of complaints about loud and intrusive music throughout their other ships, and the high-energy focus of Edge marketing made me very worried – especially after the pictures of the veranda furniture show that there won'd be any lounging there!  Glad to see that there are a variety of interesting spaces, and hope that they won't be filled with muzak.

The music in Eden is mellow, you just need to climb the ramp to get away from the show and lights for pre-dinner cocktails.  When we were on the 11/27-29 cruise the Martini Bar/Grand Café were really loud at night, so much so that it was hard to sit there and enjoy a drink pre-dinner.  Also after dinner al Bacio was also annoying loud. Please keep in mind this was a freebie cruise (for many) so everyone had free alcohol.

We are back on the Edge January 20th and hoping for a different experience as everyone on the ship will not have free drinks.  My fingers are crossed.

Katie

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks for starting this thread, as I have been worrying about the same issue.  Celebrity has had lots of complaints about loud and intrusive music throughout their other ships, and the high-energy focus of Edge marketing made me very worried – especially after the pictures of the veranda furniture show that there won'd be any lounging there!  Glad to see that there are a variety of interesting spaces, and hope that they won't be filled with muzak.

Glad I am not alone...As seen in the photos , it is a beautiful ship...but it's the program on board that needs to be mellowed a bit so everyone can enjoy the ship.

.There's a big  range of music between  frenzied loud sounds with a thumping bass, and muzak . Loud stuff  is always best confined to closed spaces...like the CLUB! But very happy the endless techno loop seems gone!

5 hours ago, Oville said:

The music in Eden is mellow, you just need to climb the ramp to get away from the show and lights for pre-dinner cocktails.  When we were on the 11/27-29 cruise the Martini Bar/Grand Café were really loud at night, so much so that it was hard to sit there and enjoy a drink pre-dinner.  Also after dinner al Bacio was also annoying loud. Please keep in mind this was a freebie cruise (for many) so everyone had free alcohol.

We are back on the Edge January 20th and hoping for a different experience as everyone on the ship will not have free drinks.  My fingers are crossed.

Katie

Special thanks to you Katie for the helpful guidance..hope you will keep posting.We board as you leave in Jan,

VT...amazing photos!   You know my style...all good spots for me,,

My retro hippie frock is ready for my big birthday cruise next month!

Wish all my EDGE besties could join us..

PS...dh finally asked asked a ques about the cruuse,,Wgat terminal and where do we park..guess he is  finaly getting interested!

Edited by hcat

There are nooks all over the ship even it’s just enough space for about 4 chairs.  You will not have trouble finding quiet spaces.  The loudest I have experienced so far is when we were docked next to NCL all day yesterday and their gangway DJ music could be heard as clearly as if it was on our ship.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ATLgirl15 said:

There are nooks all over the ship even it’s just enough space for about 4 chairs.  You will not have trouble finding quiet spaces.  The loudest I have experienced so far is when we were docked next to NCL all day yesterday and their gangway DJ music could be heard as clearly as if it was on our ship.  

Hah,...we had that once being docked next to  a Carnival music cruise! It was loud and obnoxious..everyone cheered when it left port so we could enjoy our own Sailaway,

I do see many nice spots for quiet time on EDGE,,,,..happy for that.  The Rooftop Garden  looks like it mighy be nice at night if not too windy..

Edited by hcat

Is there a replacement for the Explorers Lounge on the Edge for some relaxing entertainment (solo guitarist, light jazz, etc) in the evening?  We love to make a stop there nightly when on S class to have a few drinks before dinner and we hope the Edge has a spot like this.