Navigator of the Seas Junior Suite

235 is more likely for the cabin size.  Most standard cabins are about 160 sq. ft...  What is the cabin number?  If it's an AFT balcony, then yes, it might be larger than the cabin itself....but that seems extreme!  But I looked at the deck plans...those 2 front facing JS's have HUMONGOUS balconies!  I'd say that's about right!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please post some pics when you go on it. I booked on the 7/1 sailing in 1108 which i would think is just a bit larger than your stateroom but you have almost 100 sq ft more on the balcony if we go by the online diagram. Seems they might be the newer style decor on the interior. Both seem to be just a bit smaller than the general size of the the other JS around the ship though

Edited by danny mas

On 12/16/2018 at 9:19 PM, cynt said:

We booked 1106 the Jr Suite that's forward.  There's three of us and hoping the picture on the new deck plans are accurate. We're sooo looking forward to that huge balcony. 

I think these are the new staterooms, right?  The JS have extra large balconies according to the deck plan. (Room may be a bit smaller but balcony would make up for it). Guess its the way they are on the forward corners.

Edited by LuCruise

7 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I think these are the new staterooms, right?   ...

Yes, the staterooms on deck 11 on Voyager/Freedom class ships are relatively new additions.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

My sister also booked one of those JS on Deck 11 and we both thought that was a typo as well but don't think so once we looked at the plans.  Hoping that someone will soon upload a picture of the balcony from one of those four staterooms.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, skiierx131 said:

There might be better photos out there, but at least this kind of gives you an idea of the new balcony size on deck 11 forward. Credit to AdamsAway.

Navigator Golf 2-25.jpg

Oh thank you sooo much!

I booked Cabin #1154 in June!! I would love to see some photos, or even better, some videos,  of one of the 4 new cabins on deck 11 with the oversized balconies from someone what as actually stayed in one of them (#1106, 1108, 1155. 1156.  Im wondering if the views are obstructed at all? It appears that way in some of the pictures I have seen? (Photos attached) The glass is taller than other balconies, im assuming because of wind) so there will be no "hanging on the railing" on these balconies. I would also love to see a video of the bathrooms.

53553181_10156349874463869_3638204012609667072_n.jpg

54390857_10156349880148869_4008125676048613376_n.jpg

balcony cruise large #2.jpg

balcony large #1.PNG

• Clarea changed the title to Navigator of the Seas Junior Suite
7 minutes ago, Tripchick1963 said:

Just FYI......Just found out that the 4 new Junior Suites on the 11th Deck do NOT have bathtubs, or walk in closets.

Interesting, thanks for the update.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I do NOT like the height of that glass.  Huge balcony?  Yes.  However, you can get better open air views from a ton of other locations on the ship.  I would not want to be looking through glass all the time.  Just my opinion though.

Dan

Yeah I was all ready to aim for these options but the tall glass may just make it feel closed in, regardless.  Hoping for some first hand reports as those balconies sound great.  Never had a JS so wouldn't know to miss the tub or closet!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tripchick1963 said:

I booked Cabin #1154 in June!! I would love to see some photos, or even better, some videos,  of one of the 4 new cabins on deck 11 with the oversized balconies from someone what as actually stayed in one of them (#1106, 1108, 1155. 1156.  Im wondering if the views are obstructed at all? It appears that way in some of the pictures I have seen? (Photos attached) The glass is taller than other balconies, im assuming because of wind) so there will be no "hanging on the railing" on these balconies. I would also love to see a video of the bathrooms.

balcony large #1.PNG

Sigh, I loved on my last balcony on Indy that you can see water from the lower glass which helps those of us of average female height when we sit since our eye level tends to be at rail - this being the ship on the lower half makes it harder to feel like you're staring at the sea - at least for me.  I'd love that large outdoor space though but think I may miss seeing the sea more!

• Like 2

I canceled this room. Moved to a Hump Junior suite on Deck 9. This room got some bad reviews from someone who just stayed in it. There is no walk in closet, in fact it was a super tiny closet, and there is no bathtub. The two things I booked a suite for. They said the deck has no cover, so it was either super hot, or super windy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tripchick1963 said:

I canceled this room. Moved to a Hump Junior suite on Deck 9. This room got some bad reviews from someone who just stayed in it. There is no walk in closet, in fact it was a super tiny closet, and there is no bathtub. The two things I booked a suite for. They said the deck has no cover, so it was either super hot, or super windy.

Good info!  The no cover would be a deal breaker for me too.  Where did you find the recent review?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tripchick1963 said:

I canceled this room. Moved to a Hump Junior suite on Deck 9. 

I suspect you'll be happy there.

We have 2 JS's on Navigator later this year...and selected them based on our TA detailed knowledge of the ship's layout and passenger reports. Since then, we've read yet more confirmations that mid-ship JS's are the way to go for most folks, nearly all coming with great reports.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, Tripchick1963 said:

Just FYI......Just found out that the 4 new Junior Suites on the 11th Deck do NOT have bathtubs, or walk in closets.

So where, how did you find out this information? That's quite interesting but I found out nothing like that.

I spoke to someone who just got off a cruise and was staying in that cabin.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

I do NOT like the height of that glass.  Huge balcony?  Yes.  However, you can get better open air views from a ton of other locations on the ship.  I would not want to be looking through glass all the time.  Just my opinion though.

Dan