How was EDGE shopping?

hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Oh no...part of the fun is buying for our grandson. He loves the little cruise book they sell ( sold),  little ships and knows about our upcoming cruise.  He usually gets a tee shirt from the ship,  and  a  representative stuffed animal from each port.

I think they will add more stuff. I asked about Christmas ornaments and they said "not yet."

4 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

I haven’t seen any mention of the shop where they sell items made from the ship steel. Can anyone comment on it?

It's called the Gem, I believe. If you scroll down here, it describes jewelry inspired by the ship's architecture. I'm going to look for it when I go back in January..

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/onboard-experiences/shops/

On 12/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, hcat said:

Oh no...part of the fun is buying for our grandson. He loves the little cruise book they sell ( sold),  little ships and knows about our upcoming cruise.  He usually gets a tee shirt from the ship,  and  a  representative stuffed animal from each port.

The Edge shop is pretty small - my guess is that it will sell the higher end stuff and the less expensive stuff like cotton t-shirts, toys, etc. will probably be sold on tables in the hallway like they do on the other X ships. At least, I hope they will have some cheaper stuff.

These items are nice but seem pricey for a ship's keepsake

I can see Vt getting something as she is our EDGIE Queen...

My EDGE cruise is a big b-day cruise,,.hoping for something gold and sparkly!

Not sure we will get to our jeweler in St Maarten...not sure he is completely re built,

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

These items are nice but seem pricey for a ship's keepsake

I can see Vt getting something as she is our EDGIE Queen...

My EDGE cruise is a big b-day cruise,,.hoping for something gold and sparkly!

Not sure we will get to our jeweler in St Maarten...not sure he is completely re built,

I hope you get something sparkly for your bday!  I will see if some of the Edge steel strikes my fancy!  I’m getting a Flower Power Cruise for my bday (and Christmas), so I’ll probably have to spring for my steel tiara. 😉

One last comment about shopping on the edge. There were no $10 sales. Well there were no $10 items to start with either.  Obviously the ship is Too new to have any clearance sales.But there were no bargain racks in the hallways like you see on other ships, No pashminas Or evening bags or big floppy hats or any of the stuff that ends up on the tables outside the shops. And another thing which was very welcome, there were no advertising inserts in the daily program.  

Edited by cruisestitch

25 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I hope you get something sparkly for your bday!  I will see if some of the Edge steel strikes my fancy!  I’m getting a Flower Power Cruise for my bday (and Christmas), so I’ll probably have to spring for my steel tiara. 😉

Too funny...enjoy!

• 1 month later...

On 12/15/2018 at 8:43 PM, hcat said:
On 12/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, vtcruising said:

I guess I will  be getting  something sparkly after all..Yay me!

I did not like the current Tiffany catalogue items in my price range,  and Cartier is out of range.  But a little birdie told me I might get the dancing diamond necklace I have been longing for..As I mentioned,  it is a big birthday.!

Still would like to browse for costume jewelry..those little  tropical bracelets are great gift items..,,..need  gifts for my grandson....even postcards. Hope shopping for those little things  has improved

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

I did not like the current Tiffany catalogue items in my price range,  and Cartier is out of range.  But a little birdie told me I might get the dancing diamond necklace I have been longing for..As I mentioned,  it is a big birthday.!

Still would like to browse for costume jewelry..those little  tropical bracelets are great gift items..,,..need  gifts for my grandson....even postcards. Hope shopping for those little things  has improved

oooh.... DH bought me a nice Cartier watch.... this held us up at customs for a very very long time....only one agent working. Oh and the cruise line took our sea passes and we never got them back. We kinda collect those! I reached out to Celebrity and they were going to see if they kept them.. never heard back. I would get a customs declaration form before you get on the ship... because guest relations will tell you that you don't need it... then while the long wait they hand you a form to fill out... it was a mess. You might do better making a purchase off the ship... 

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sounds exciting! I saw on our app planner that they were selling some cheaper items like lanyards and t's at a special sale, so we'll see what is included.🙂

10 minutes ago, kearney said:

oooh.... DH bought me a nice Cartier watch.... this held us up at customs for a very very long time....only one agent working. Oh and the cruise line took our sea passes and we never got them back. We kinda collect those! I reached out to Celebrity and they were going to see if they kept them.. never heard back. I would get a customs declaration form before you get on the ship... because guest relations will tell you that you don't need it... then while the long wait they hand you a form to fill out... it was a mess. You might do better making a purchase off the ship... 

Mine was an off ship purchase and dh will bring the receipts.. Your experience highlights a good  reason not to buy really expensive items on board...but they are fun!

Glad to hear about the tee shirt sales!

Edited by hcat

Noticed this post. I definitely saw different merchandise on our January 6 cruise than I've ever seen before on X. 

In expensive stores (and once on a Royal Viking Line ship) I've admired these pricey Alviero Martini "1' Classe" designer handbags and totes with vintage map designs for years, but always too $$$ for me. This time I had a lot of use it-or-lose it OBC.😃  Yay!

I'm not much of a shopper and like to take home odds & ends for friends and neighbors but little goodies like inexpensive jewelry, scarves, etc are still not available on Edge.

IMG_1307.jpg

Edited by Caribbean Chris

On 12/9/2018 at 7:05 PM, hcat said:

Oh my...along with silk and  wool, I also  react to bamboo!

Cotton is my friend...so maybe just a plain tee for me,

Sadly then you won't find it on the Edge.  The $55 t-shirt is the least expensive one they sell.

It's good to hear that they will be adding more items, hopefully at better price points, to the stores on Edge. Looking at the pictures of merchandise taken on the preview cruises, it is apparent that there wasn’t a lot left by the time we boarded on Dec. 9th. It was kind of strange that the stores only had very high priced items in very limited quantities. Others on the cruise were disappointed too. I ended up purchasing a journal for my granddaughter in the Malala store.