QE2 Atlantic Crossings - 2 Jan and 21 Apr 2007

dougnewmanatsea

On the QE2 January Crossing 2006 thread as well as elsewhere, there has been a bit of controversy over whether or not we ought to start a new thread about the 2007 QE2 crossings. This only seems logical to me, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands and start one. Never mind that I'm not booked yet on either crossing... It needed to be done, and nobody else seemed to be volunteering ;) !

So, courtesy of Transatlantic Tom, here are those booked so far on one crossing or the other (or both):

2 January 2007 Westbound QE2 Crossing

*Brian Boru (Chris)

*Stowaway2K (Kyle)

*transat jon (Jon)

*greatam (Gina & Dennis)

*juliecat (Julia)

*planetcadillac (Craig)

21 April 2007 Westbound QE2 Crossing

*Brian Boru (Chris)

*Skipperette (Jan)

*Transatlantic Tom (Tom)

*Calliope (Frank)

I nominate Tom to be the keeper of the list from here on... He sort of self-nominated, I guess, when he started keeping it for this year's crossing, and then started one for next year's!

So, here is the place to discuss these crossings, keep track of who will be on them, etc... Just like the 2006 thread that Ernie started... But for 2007 :) !

I look forward to seeing all of you once again on board "our" QE2, doing what she was meant to do - crossing the North Atlantic!

What about the Sep W/bound Crossing part of the 20 night US / Canada & Crossing for Sep / Oct - I know this is a combined crossing & cruise but it's still a crossing on QE2!! I am booked for this trip and cannot wait - does this not count as a crossing on QE2??? To my knowledge it is not sold as just a crossing??

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I know this is a combined crossing & cruise but it's still a crossing on QE2!!

Tough one... But I give it a "no" since a large part of what makes a crossing special is the passenger mix, which should be different on a cruise that happens to cross the Atlantic.

Nevertheless, it should still be a great cruise. A friend of mine did this cruise in 2005 and loved it!

Doug:

Thanks for "taking the bull by the horns" and starting a new thread !

I'd be happy to keep the list up to date !!

By the way, it was a pleasure meeting you during our crossing. I'm only sorry that I didn't get more of a chance to talk with you. That is a typical problem on crossings, i.e. there just never seems to be enough time to visit with all the people that you'd like to, never enough time to sit on deck and look out at the sea, etc.

Tom

Chris & Kyle:

You lucky guys.....less than one year to go for your next crossing !!!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could convince "the powers that be" to delete a couple of QE2 cruises scheduled for this summer and have her make a WB and EB transatlantic crossing ??? Sweet dreams...

Tom

Thanks for "taking the bull by the horns" and starting a new thread !

You're very welcome :) .

By the way, it was a pleasure meeting you during our crossing.

Likewise!

there just never seems to be enough time to visit with all the people that you'd like to, never enough time to sit on deck and look out at the sea, etc.

I agree entirely. I feel like I didn't get to spend enough time with everyone, let alone do everything else I wanted to.

As John Maxtone-Graham said, "on a crossing one has nothing to do and far too little time in which to do it"!

He also said, in "The Only Way to Cross", that whatever the length of the crossing, that seems "right" and one is always ready to disembark on the last day. On that, I must strongly disagree :) ...

He also said, in "The Only Way to Cross", that whatever the length of the crossing, that seems "right" and one is always ready to disembark on the last day. On that, I must strongly disagree :) ...

Doug:

I'm with you !! On the afternoon of the fifth day at sea I suddenly remembered that I had not taken Thomas' wonderful Cunard History Tour again (as I'd hoped to), I hadn't been into the Library yet nor the Bookshop, I hadn't been on deck anywhere near as much as I'd wanted to, etc., etc., etc. !!!!

Unfortunately, I had also missed the "Cavalcade" :( ...

Yes, Mr. Maxtone-Graham, I could have used a few more days at sea. Easily !!

Tom

PS Ooooppppsss, Doug...we should keep this stuff for the "old" thread !!!

January 2007 QE2 Transatlantic Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* transat jon (Jon)

* greatam (Gina & Dennis)

* juliecat (Julia)

* planetcadillac (Craig)

April 2007 QE2 Transatlantic Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Transatlantic Tom (Tom)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Johnsy81 (John & Joanne)

Just booked the April '07 QE2 crossing. I've really enjoyed the last two winter crossings, but wanted my wife to be aboard for what may be either the last or almost the last westbound trip (she's not a rough seas sailor). Looking forward to meeting those I didn't catch up with on the January crossing, and in the meantime, please add our names to the list!

flandre58 (Paul and Marya)

January 2007 QE2 Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Greatam (Gina & Dennis)

* Juliecat (Julia)

* Planetcadillac (Craig)

April 2007 QE2 Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Flandre58 (Paul & Marya)

Okay. I'm officially depressed that my name is on neither of these lists. I'll be trying my best to be added on to the April 2007 list within the next few months. As soon as I get my vacations days all juggled around..

Anyone planning on debarking in Ft. Lauderdale instead of NYC? We are thinking about doing this and spending a few days in the warm sun in FL before we head home after the crossing. Plus I hear that it would increase our chances of getting bumped to a nicer cabin since people will be embarking on the full World Cruise in NYC.

Okay. I'm officially depressed that my name is on neither of these lists. I'll be trying my best to be added on to the April 2007 list within the next few months. As soon as I get my vacations days all juggled around..

Hey John,

You and me both! I hoping to go on at least one of the crossings. Both would be even better! ;)

Ernie

Last summer Cunard was not selling to us Yanks the New York to Ft. Laudedale portion of the January '07 crossing. That's one of the reasons why I booked the April '07 crossing.

I'm glad that Confetti and I stayed on earlier this month, but as Kyle pointed out in another thread, those two extra days certainly had a different feel. It was an entirely different type of passenger after New York. Most aboard were starting their cruise in the sun rather than those hearty souls on for a crossing!

John:

I'm "ready, willing and able" to add your name to the April 2007 list (as well as Ernie's, too !!) any time. Just say the word !!!

Tom:)

Last summer Cunard was not selling to us Yanks the New York to Ft. Laudedale portion of the January '07 crossing. That's one of the reasons why I booked the April '07 crossing.

I'm glad that Confetti and I stayed on earlier this month, but as Kyle pointed out in another thread, those two extra days certainly had a different feel. It was an entirely different type of passenger after New York. Most aboard were starting their cruise in the sun rather than those hearty souls on for a crossing!

Frank:

I'm sorry that we didn't meet on our recent crossing; too many people and not enough days, I guess. I suspect that we both were at both of the "meetings". Now we'll have the chance to try again next April !

Is Cheryl making the April crossing too ??

Tom

On the QE2 January Crossing 2006 thread as well as elsewhere, there has been a bit of controversy over whether or not we ought to start a new thread about the 2007 QE2 crossings. This only seems logical to me, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands and start one. Never mind that I'm not booked yet on either crossing... It needed to be done, and nobody else seemed to be volunteering ;) !

So, courtesy of Transatlantic Tom, here are those booked so far on one crossing or the other (or both):

*Brian Boru (Chris)

*Stowaway2K (Kyle)

*transat jon (Jon)

*greatam (Gina & Dennis)

*juliecat (Julia)

*planetcadillac (Craig)

21 April 2007 Westbound QE2 Crossing

*Brian Boru (Chris)

*Skipperette (Jan)

*Transatlantic Tom (Tom)

*Calliope (Frank)

I nominate Tom to be the keeper of the list from here on... He sort of self-nominated, I guess, when he started keeping it for this year's crossing, and then started one for next year's!

So, here is the place to discuss these crossings, keep track of who will be on them, etc... Just like the 2006 thread that Ernie started... But for 2007 :) !

I look forward to seeing all of you once again on board "our" QE2, doing what she was meant to do - crossing the North Atlantic!

Add me to the list for the April 2007 transatlantic! I will be completing the world cruise.

January 2007 QE2 Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Greatam (Gina & Dennis)

* Juliecat (Julia)

* Planetcadillac (Craig)

April 2007 QE2 Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Flandre58 (Paul & Marya)

* Bobby1119

Does anyone know what the QE2 will be doing after landing in Ft. Laurderdale? Will she go on her "old" annual island cruise (always after the world cruise) or head back to southampton?

I am definately NOT going to Ft. Lauderdale. TA called and said its $1,000 to add 2 days to the Winter Crossing, not enough to justify all of that. We will enjoy the crossing none the less and enjoy NYC after that probably take a train back to NC from NYC.

Only 350 days to go!

The countdown has started. Will Vic be adding his power of counting to this too?

When I get my latest vacations photos on line I will update this years proposed vacations. Current line up is Bruge (Belgium) in the spring, QE2 to Iceland in the Summer, Switzerland in the Fall and the QE2 westbound in Jan07. There might be a UK break in there somewhere too.

There is an outside chance I will be doing the 4 week QE2 Canadian crossing instead of Iceland, but this is just too long to spend on the ship at one time, I would rather go more often for shorter.

The QE2 03Jan06 thread has passed 1000 posts so I now need a new hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived