QE2 Atlantic Crossings - 2 Jan and 21 Apr 2007

dougnewmanatsea

Am considering the April 21st crossing. Haven't been on her since last Spring, and am having withdrawals...

I'll come back and post when it's official.

Glad that there are at least a few more on the schedule.

Andrew

Hi Andrew and you probably recognize me from the Celebrity Roll Call for April. We are booked for January and may even book for April if we find nothing else cruise wise for the spring that catches our fancy. Crossing prices on the QE2 are very low for these two segments, like the Celebrity Transatlantic prices so its great value for the money!

I am so envious. Unfortunately I have a job where I cannot take vacations between Jan 1 and April 30 so these special QE2 transatlantic crossings are always ill-timed for me. Just have to make sure I get the chance to do one sailing on her somewhere before she is retired.

For those who plan the 20 day trip this fall to Canada - welcome to Canada! Fall is a lovely time and your iteniary sounds great.

Frank:

I'm sorry that we didn't meet on our recent crossing; too many people and not enough days, I guess. I suspect that we both were at both of the "meetings". Now we'll have the chance to try again next April !

Is Cheryl making the April crossing too ??

Tom

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I was on the QM2 'round the Horn, and this is the first time since I left for Rio that I have turned on anything that looks or acts like a PC. That is except for work on last Saturday and Sunday.

Cheryl will not be joining me on the QE2 during April 2007. I'll be with my partner Chuck. He's never done a crossing on the QE2, so, like myself, he is already looking forward to the journey. Now, has anyone figured out how many days till departure from Southampton?

Frank:

Welcome home, and lucky you....QE2 in January and then on to QM2 !! Not bad !!!

I think one of our WCC friends from the QE2 crossing last month has already started a countdown for the January 2007 crossing; maybe those of us making the April voyage will wait at least until we pass under the 365 day mark to start the countdown !!

Tom

Hi everyone -

I've know that there will be a 2 January 2007 crossing for some time now, but neither the U.S. nor U.K. web sites specifically note it. I'd like to seriously consider this crossing, but I can't find any information about it.

Am I missing something? I suppose I need to talk with my TA about it, but I have an independent streak. ;) Any advise would be appreciated.

Best regards, John

I found it on the website by requesting 'World Cruise' instead of 'Transatlantic,' and it brought up the right segments.

Still hoping to book, but now the other half wants to buy land in Northern California. How can I take a cruise on a chunk on land????

Andrew

Andrew:

I love Northern California, and yes you can't pass up an opportunity to buy property...BUT a transatlantic crossing aboard QE2 ??? Can this even be a question ???

Maybe with a little bit of luck you can have both - say, celebrate the purchase of your new property with a drink in The Chart Room, midway across the Atlantic !!

Easy for me to say....

I hope it all works out !

Tom;)

If property in Northern California can be had for anything near the price of a QE2 crossing, I'd better buy me some fast ;) !

But really, a crossing is just a drop in the bucket compared to property, so go for it anyway! Drive a hard bargain, get the seller to knock a few thousand off the price, and now your crossing is free ;) !

Of course I'd never do it, but that's me, so it's totally different ;) ...

No, sadly, Doug, we're talking very small down payment here. The thought of have a mortgage on land floors me, but that's the way things go out here.:rolleyes: When small condos in the suburbs approach 1 mil., you know real estate is crazy out here...:eek:

But don't count me out until she sails...I can come up with SOME devious plan...:)

Andrew

January 2007 QE2 Crossing - Southampton to NY

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Greatam (Gina & Dennis)

* Juliecat (Julia)

* Planet Cadillac (Craig)

April 2007 QE2 Crossing - Southampton to NY

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Transatlantic Tom (Tom)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Johnsy81 (John & Joanne)

* Flandre58 (Paul & Marya)

* Bobby1119

* Jim Avery (Jim & Lois)

And is no-one on the Sep Crossing & Canada cruise on QE2 later this year?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

As Tom says, I had considered the September Canada cruise but it is just too long on the ship at one time (I'd rather go often for shorter trips). In the UK it is being sold as a 20 day cruise, too much time off work to be able to do it. At the moment it looks like the Iceland cruise will be my next one with the outside chance of a QM2 later in the year.

I was hoping to go somewhere like Spain at the end of March this year too but can only get a long weekend off work. Employment gets in the way of so much!

OK, folks, how the heck are y'all getting hooked up with this insider information about QE2 crossings!?! <g> I DO NOT SEE THEM LISTED ON EITHER WEBSITE or anywhere else on line.:confused:

Honestly, I've tried going to both (US/UK) websites and using different search parameters, but I still don't see these crossings you're discussing!

(Well, actually, umm, I Googled "QE2 2 January 2007 crossing" and came up with a **** Piper Gay Tour Crossing...good prices, but I don't want to segregate myself from the typical pax...LOL)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't mind using my TA, but is there absolutely no other way to get voyage info., pricing, etc. ON LINE???

Please help! I'm hoping to celebrate the New Year in London, then hop on the 2 Jan. crossing...:D

John

Jon, I can only now find the 8-day in January and the two in April, which I do by doing the following;

Go to Cunard.com, and from the bars at the top, choose the "Destinations" tab. At the next page, choose the "Voyage finder" tab.

On that page, select from the drop down menus:

"Search by Ship:" QE2

"Search by All Destinations:" World Cruise

"Search by Month:" January 2007 (or 'April 2007' for Spring crossings)

You can leave the "Search by duration" tab blank, but if you put in "8- 12 days," or whatever the second choice is, you'll see in the list the 8-day crossing to Fort Lauderdale.

The next page should show that cruise- as the 8 day to Fort Lauderdale.

I tried to find the Jan. 6-day one, but have only seen it in the World Club brochure. It's possible that they haven't opened it to the general public at this point, but if you've sailed with Cunard before, I'd simply call your TA and get them on it.

Good luck.

Andrew

A sincere thank you, Blazerboy, for the information about QE2 2007 crossings. I now see you're correct, in that the 2 January crossing is simply not yet "available on-line" and that I'll need to go about getting all the details I need from my TA. I just like doing research before I go!

And its nice to know that there will be an official contingent of Dorthy's Friends on board, as per my previous on-line research! :)

Many thanks,

John

John,

It's simply not a Cunard crossing unless a contingent of lads from Pied Piper are onboard! I've taken to checking their website just to see if there's a chance I'll run into any old (and not so old) friends in my travels.

Julia

Hello.

My Mum and I are planning on being on the April 2007 QE2 Transatlantic. It will be almost exactly to the day 20 years since we were on board her as she left Bremerhaven after her huge refit.

We haven't booked yet and I don't even see it listed on Cunard's site.

Can someone please offer advice as to the best deals to be had for booking this (from the UK).

Thanks,

- Robert Lightbody

Robert,

Look back to my last post, and it should explain how to see the cruise on-line. In terms of booking, I'm not sure what restrictions they're putting on booking, but we're able to presently in the States(except for the fact that my blasted MIL decided forty years ago to get married on that date, and we have some glitches to iron out before we book!).

Hope it works for you!

Andrew

January 2007 QE2 Transatlantic Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Juliecat (Julia)

April 2007 QE2 Transatlantic Crossing

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Bobby 1119

* Jim Avery (Jim & Lois)

* Penlady (Elizabeth)

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Juliecat (Julia)

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Bobby1119

* Jim Avery (Jim & Lois)

* Penlady (Elizabeth)

* Richard Schmidt

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Stowaway2K (Kyle)

* Transat Jon (Jon)

* Juliecat (Julia)

* Brian Boru (Chris)

* Skipperette (Jan) & Transatlantic Tom (Tom)

* Calliope (Frank)

* Bobby1119

* Jim Avery (Jim & Lois)

* Penlady (Elizabeth)

* Richard Schmidt

* Bow Thrusters (Mike & James)

Archived