Where do I find my ship board credit?

Tom O.

I am having yet another problem with the HAL website, since I got interested cruising again.

The land/sea cruise I just booked includes $200 ship board credit and a $200 gift card for Denali.

I can find nowhere on the website where it will tell me how much ship board credit I have.

And I can find no reference to our gift card either. I would just like see in writing that I am getting these things.

Since we are doing the land tour to Denali before our cruise, I don't know when they will give us the gift card.

I also don't know where I can use the card. I am hoping we can use the gift card for our meals in Denali, I don't want to have to buy a bunch of cheap souvenirs with it. I don't need a stuffed moose.

If you booked with HAL or a PCC, go to make a payment on the website and you will see the shipboard credit listed.

However that shouldn't be necessary.  You should have gotten a confirmation when you booked by email either from HAL or your TA (whichever applies and lists the OBC and amenities.  The gift card will probably show on page 2 of the confirmation.

You may need to call HAL/PCC/TA to get the particulars on the gift card.  

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

If you booked through a travel agency, your TA will be able to provide a copy with your perks. They will don't show up on the website. 

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you booked with HAL or a PCC, go to make a payment on the website and you will see the shipboard credit listed.

However that shouldn't be necessary.  You should have gotten a confirmation when you booked by email either from HAL or your TA (whichever applies and lists the OBC and amenities.  The gift card will probably show on page 2 of the confirmation.

You may need to call HAL/PCC/TA to get the particulars on the gift card.  

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I have never seen our shipboard credit listed on HAL's site.  Our TA makes a list of all the different places that we are getting credit from and gives it to us.

Gift cards -- I have only heard about them being used on the ship.

I used to cruise on Princess exclusively, and I could look up my account on their website and see my ship board credit. So I was thinking I had that option on the HAL website as well.

I booked through a TA and she did send me a confirmation email that listed the credit and the gift card. I guess this gift card for the land portion of my tour is something new.

Thanks to all who replied.

Go to MY ACCOUNT, MY BOOKINGS, MANAGE PAYMENTS,  SHOW GUEST SUMMARY. HAL's OBC will be listed under each passenger. The only place I've seen for the beverage cards is on the HAL confirmation (along w/ OBC). Always print out a copy of the final confirmation  to take with you when you board. Oh, and there is no where on the HAL website that shows OBC from your TA. so take a copy of their confirmation with you too. That doesn't get posted by HAL to your account until you board.

19 minutes ago, yerdua said:

Go to MY ACCOUNT, MY BOOKINGS, MANAGE PAYMENTS,  SHOW GUEST SUMMARY. HAL's OBC will be listed under each passenger. The only place I've seen for the beverage cards is on the HAL confirmation (along w/ OBC). Always print out a copy of the final confirmation  to take with you when you board. Oh, and there is no where on the HAL website that shows OBC from your TA. so take a copy of their confirmation with you too. That doesn't get posted by HAL to your account until you board.

This only works if your booking is held by HAL, not a Travel Agency. If your booking is held by a TA, this option does not appear and you will have to check with your TA to get your OBC listing.

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

This only works if your booking is held by HAL, not a Travel Agency. If your booking is held by a TA, this option does not appear and you will have to check with your TA to get your OBC listing.

Thanks, I was thinking that also, because I did not have a choice of Manage Payments.

It's OK, I will just do as POA1 suggests and print out my confirmation from my TA.

38 minutes ago, yerdua said:

Same with shareholder OBC, I take it?

2 minutes ago, trixiee said:

As long as your cruise is held by HAL, the instructions given will show you the total OBC. No breakdown of where the credit came from is included.

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

As long as your cruise is held by HAL, the instructions given will show you the total OBC. No breakdown of where the credit came from is included.

Thank you.  I will need to make a phone call I guess!  

18 hours ago, trixiee said:

An easy way to see if you got shareholder credit is to look at the OBC for each person in the cabin (assuming it is 2).  One person will have more OBC than the other by the amount of the Stockholder OBC (since HAL only gives one Stockholder OBC per cabin).