How quick to get off ship via tender?

~*Lou*~

Hello

We are travelling on Coral Princess next June to Alaska. At Ketchikan they aren't docking but instead using tenders. The itinerary lists port time as 10am to 6pm. In reality, what time could we expect to be able to get off the  ship (won't be booked on a Princess tour so won't have priority). I'm looking at a kayak tour from 12.30pm - would that be safe? I guess I have to try to time it so we eat an early lunch on board before tendering off (have children with me, going hungry not a great option).

And getting back on the ship, what time do we need to be at the dock and in the queue for the tender?

Many thanks

Lou

Good with 12:30.

The time for the last tender back to the ship will be posted at the gangway and at boarding point on the dock for the tender.

We take a photo of the placard when leaving the ship at the gangway at all ports so there is no question when we need to be back onboard.

The tender times will also be listed in the Patter but the most up to date times will be posted at the gangway.

As long as you're in line for the tenders BEFORE the time you need to be on the ship, you're golden. The won't leave until everyone in line is on the ship. Try to be in line about an hour before sail away, the line should be shorter.

To get tender tickets show up at the (usually a) dining room for tickets. Get there early if you can. The line can be really long. Everyone in your party has to be in line...no exceptions. If you don't have everyone, they won't be allowed to get off at the same time as you.

Last tender is usually 15 minutes or so before final boarding time but they frequently have to keep the tenders running due to the large influx of pax on the pier.  Always take note of the posted time for the last tender.  If as usual there will be a line to board the tenders near the time.  

Everyone in your party has to be present to get the boarding tickets which usually is given out in the deck 5 midship MDR where you wait until your number is called.  Certainly be early to get the tickets like maybe 30 minutes or more. 

5 hours ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

We are travelling on Coral Princess next June to Alaska. At Ketchikan they aren't docking but instead using tenders. The itinerary lists port time as 10am to 6pm. In reality, what time could we expect to be able to get off the  ship (won't be booked on a Princess tour so won't have priority). I'm looking at a kayak tour from 12.30pm - would that be safe? I guess I have to try to time it so we eat an early lunch on board before tendering off (have children with me, going hungry not a great option).

As others say above, 12:30 is doable, but you cannot wait until the last minute to get a tender to go to shore.

You will need an early lunch before the buffet has lunch set up in order to get your tender tickets and wait for your tender to be called. Probably 80% or more of the people will be going ashore, so you do not want to try to get a tender around noon. Better to be too early on shore for your tour than too late for a tender.