Mardi Gras

cntrydncr1

So if I wanted to try to book something the very second that bookings become available, should I be refreshing the Carnival website at midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, or 7am, or noon?  And under which timezone for that "time"?  US EasternTime, because that's where Miami (HQ) is?

I wanna feel like I'm trying to get tickets to my favorite band on Ticketmaster.  And hopefully they aren't already gone during the AMEX presale or swept up by some scalper-bot...

Knowing me though, I'll get distracted Tuesday night, forget about it Wednesday morning, and suddenly be reminded when all the threads start popping up here.

• Like 1

I just have a feeling it's going to be a mess, the carnival site will probably crash or be so slow with everyone trying to access this information.  I do wish they would at least release the official deck plans and itineraries prior to booking dates.  It's hard enough trying to figure out a cabin on an existing ship sometimes. :classic_wacko:

Just afraid TA's will scoop up blocks of rooms before we can access them 😂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So if I wanted to try to book something the very second that bookings become available, should I be refreshing the Carnival website at midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, or 7am, or noon?  And under which timezone for that "time"?  US EasternTime, because that's where Miami (HQ) is?

I wanna feel like I'm trying to get tickets to my favorite band on Ticketmaster.  And hopefully they aren't already gone during the AMEX presale or swept up by some scalper-bot...

Knowing me though, I'll get distracted Tuesday night, forget about it Wednesday morning, and suddenly be reminded when all the threads start popping up here.

Calling in is usually the most effective way, especially if you have a PVP. I don't recall them ever releasing them at midnight, its usually around 9-10 am EST. Hopefully, the official deckplans will be released today or tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

I wonder how likely will it be to book the current promotion at 50pp deposit or am I reaching?

Well, that could certainly entice me to book something a bit more lavish, especially if I was unsure of what I wanted in the first place.

But I think I know which cabins I want to book based on the leaked deck plans, so if I can snag one of those I probably won't be tempted into something bigger/better elsewhere.

I was really, really, really hoping to get an aft on this cruise (I've never had one) but from the pics, and the leaked plans (and without official plans) it appears the aft looks over a deck of some kind.  unless there are aft balconies below that, I'm gonna move on to plan b and hope they at least have the sail dates that I'm looking for.  

3 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

I was really, really, really hoping to get an aft on this cruise (I've never had one) but from the pics, and the leaked plans (and without official plans) it appears the aft looks over a deck of some kind.  unless there are aft balconies below that, I'm gonna move on to plan b and hope they at least have the sail dates that I'm looking for.  

Obviously we will not know "for sure" till the plans come out.  From my perspective, it really depends.  We have had aft wraps on a lot of ships and by looks, the Dream class might look undesirable, due tot he 5th floor walk around below you.  Found it to not an issue, just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Obviously we will not know "for sure" till the plans come out.  From my perspective, it really depends.  We have had aft wraps on a lot of ships and by looks, the Dream class might look undesirable, due tot he 5th floor walk around below you.  Found it to not an issue, just my 2 cents.

yeah, I'm trying to withhold my judgment until I see the actual plans to make a final decision, but I feel like the time I want to go (if it's even offered at the time) I'm gonna have to choose very quickly and I want to have a couple of back up plans....grumble, just wish they would release the actual plans before booking so I could have some idea.   uncertainty is so uncertain :classic_wacko:

33 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

Yeah, the Summer Landing zone (that's what Carnival is calling it) on Deck 8 seems to be something I'm not going to want to look down upon from an aft balcony.  It looks to be a lot more real estate than the continuation of the promenade that @jimbo5544 mentioned on the Dream class - that is "just" a walking area, doesn't look like it has any "furniture" (which is why it wasn't as much of an issue as feared), whereas the Mardi Gras Summer Landing area has a pool and lots of deck chairs/loungers, and it right outside Guy's Pig & Anchor, from the images posted.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, the Summer Landing zone (that's what Carnival is calling it) on Deck 8 seems to be something I'm not going to want to look down upon from an aft balcony.  It looks to be a lot more real estate than the continuation of the promenade that @jimbo5544 mentioned on the Dream class - that is "just" a walking area, doesn't look like it has any "furniture" (which is why it wasn't as much of an issue as feared), whereas the Mardi Gras Summer Landing area has a pool and lots of deck chairs/loungers, and it right outside Guy's Pig & Anchor, from the images posted.

I agree it does, but we will soon see.  Semi related but still relevant, I do love those rooms......

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

I wonder how likely will it be to book the current promotion at 50pp deposit or am I reaching?

newer ships will have a reduce deposit of around $150 dollars per person or higher based on their current disclaimer in the fine print that says this:

Deposit amounts: 2-8 day: $50pp. Vista, Horizon & Panorama sailings: $149pp, and 9+ day/Alaska $199pp. Reduced deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I just want to know if the Havana rooms will have a private pool like the Vista class do. From the leaked deck plans it doesn't look like it. :(

while that was my initial thought as well when looking at the plan, I have formulated a way to have one dedicated, we will see....

2 hours ago, siestakeys04 said:

These cheaper deposits are tied to Early Saver, so make sure you u derstand the penalties tied to them.

I wish Carnival would just charge a single deposit for solo’s like other cruise lines. 

12 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Can someone provide a link to those "leaked deck plans"?  Curious as to how different the cabin arrangements are from prior ships or new Panorama. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3be1kfpBmBkFvZ8c6

use the zoom feature to see it in full size

Edited by shof515
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Haha, you do realize I have a Carnival cruise booked for November, right? Low expectations... but it’s booked.

First time back on Carnival since 2012.

progress happens in baby steps, what are you sailing on?

On 1/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I believe Carnival (or the press releases) said bookings won't be available immediately (not until late-Jan 2019), but the itineraries and ship details would be released around "now" (mid-Jan).

So I don't expect to see anything in the booking engine, but a press release with itineraries and a web-page with the deck plans are what I'm drooling like Pavlov's dog for...

Mardi Gras opens for booking on January 30 per the e-mail announcement that Carnival sent on January 25.