Bionic Bartender did not like my drink

Robo1098

I kind of forgot about something that happened on our recent Symphony cruise. When I told a bartender friend of mine about the Bionic Bar she was interested but didn't like her job taken away. It was then I remembered what happened. We went there a few times and we were surprised that it spilled some on the bar every time it poured the drink into the glass. This caused the attendant to shut it down every so often to clean up. Well one evening we stopped by and put in my drink. The robot went through all the ingredients and when it was almost complete with the drink it decided to throw the drink in the air all over the bottles and the bar. Seems it forgot to close the lid before shaking. As soon as it did it the robot shut down and the attendant threw her arms in the air in a ***** moment. Everyone in the bar laughed. In the end I think my bartender friend has a secure job for a while anyway.

1 minute ago, Robo1098 said:

The robot went through all the ingredients and when it was almost complete with the drink it decided to throw the drink in the air all over the bottles and the bar. Seems it forgot to close the lid before shaking. 

The robot's firmware writer is still probably better than RCI's IT folks.

• Haha 1

The bionic bar is a played out novelty.  That doesn’t even seem to work properly. I’m really surprised it was added to the Symphony.  It could have been a unique feature on the Harmony.  I hope RC does not decide to replace the Champagne bar on Oasis or Allure during their dry docks with the robot.  I cannot imagine that it’s more of a money maker than another bar that has human interaction.    

6 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

The bionic bar is a played out novelty.  That doesn’t even seem to work properly. I’m really surprised it was added to the Symphony.  It could have been a unique feature on the Harmony.  I hope RC does not decide to replace the Champagne bar on Oasis or Allure during their dry docks with the robot.  I cannot imagine that it’s more of a money maker than another bar that has human interaction.    

It was not new with the Harmony.  Quantum was the first, then Anthem.

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I was on the Symphony TA in Oct, and the robot sat idle most of the time. 

Seemed like a huge waste of valuable space to me. 

Agree, I've never seen the bionic bar busy at all.  I prefer to get my drinks the old fashioned way - from a human.

I was in Vegas at the Aria over Thanksgiving, and somewhere in there I saw another of the robotic bars.  It looked very much the same as the ones on the ships.  I generally, prefer handmade drinks.  I have yet to order a cocktail from a robot.  

JC

During our cruise it seemed to be reasonably busy but many times one was broken down or they were both shut off while the girl crawled around on top of the bar cleaning of the spillage. Didn't seem to have as many issues with the ones while on Harmony.