EZ Air - Booking return on different airline

EllieinNJ

This will be my third Princess cruise but I never before looked at the EZ Air.  So I priced a flight from Newark to Heathrow.   I picked the best one for us going but when it went to the return flight another airline came up at a (0) additional charge, while the one we picked came up at $42pp extra.  Can you go and return on two different airlines?

One of the advantages of a program like EZ air is that their buying power allows them to purchase seats in such a way that they can essentially book you on 2 one way flights on different airlines at a price that you might find hard to match if trying to book one ways yourself.  It is very helpful while flying in and out of different cities especially if an airline has minimal service to one of the cities 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

This will be my third Princess cruise but I never before looked at the EZ Air.  So I priced a flight from Newark to Heathrow.   I picked the best one for us going but when it went to the return flight another airline came up at a (0) additional charge, while the one we picked came up at $42pp extra.  Can you go and return on two different airlines?

Happens often with EZair. 

I now use EZair almost all the time both domestic and out of the country.  Many times the carrier I have used to fly to my destination is not the same carrier I took to return home.  No problem in doing it but it means you have to track the flights on two different websites.  I always log into the airline's website to see my reservation, pick a seat and monitor it for changes.  Most airlines will notify you of changes if you give them a way to contact you.

For an upcoming trip we leave on Delta. where we were able to select seats on the EZ Air site.  The return is with United, run by Air Canada and could not choose on the EZ Air site.  I called United to get Air Canada's confirmation number, then called Air Canada and choose our seats for that flight.  It is just a bit more  work but the savings are worth it.  I also checked on the original booking and prices had gone down by $800, so I re-booked the same flights and went through the calling again and got the same seat assignments.

We’ve booked our Phoenix to Barcelona then Rome to Phoenix for our Oct ‘19 voyage through EZAir.  We’re Air France outbound and Alitalia returning.  We could book our seats through EZAir ... but they have a disclaimer saying that the airline may not accept our selections at this time.  Indeed, the airlines website shows our booking but not seat selections!

Yes, last year we flew to Buenos Aires on American and back on United.  Only down side is that we were able to upgrade to business on American because that is where we have elite status (for some miles and dollars) while on United we were stuck with economy.  

We were able to choose premium economy seats on both legs, paying a sligiht amount of difference.

Unfortunately some airlines are not willing to allow you to preselect your seats.  Any upgrades to your seat assignment must be coordinated with the airline and not EZair.  So far fortunately I have been able to get seat assignments very quickly and pay for any desired upgrades.