Admittedly Odd Dining Question

wenocancer2

My family is going to the Steakhouse on the first night of sailing.  However, through Cruise Critic I have come to realize that at the first night in the MDR, the Strawberry Bisque soup is served.  That is my son's favorite thing to eat of all time!  He will be so mad he missed it.  So here is my seemly odd question...

We have Anytime Dining, could he and one of us go the MDR earlier than our Steakhouse reservation for him to enjoy just the soup?  I realize that he will be getting plenty of food at the Steakhouse, but I would just hate for him to miss this because it is his favorite.  He is 18 years old and can eat plenty, so I'm not worried that this will spoil his appetite and end up wasting food later.

If we could just get a bowl to go, we'd do that, but as far as I know, that is not an option.

I don't see why not. Also, I don't know if it's possible to order off menu in the steakhouse, but maybe you could stop by there on Embarkation Day after boarding and go ask if it's possible to order a bowl of the Strawberry Bisque soup. If it is, then you wouldn't have to make a separate trip to the MDR. 

• Like 1

We've asked for main dining room favorites in the steakhouse before.  Once the answer was a happy yes then the other time the steakhouse was too busy to visit a different kitchen.  I may depend on how busy the steakhouse is and the layout of the ship.  We've also gone to our assigned seating and the steakhouse on the same day - no problem.

11 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

What does this have to do with the original post?

It references soup.

That is as far as it has to go to use the line.

Also used in cases where you are denied something by someone resembling the Soup Nazi character.

"Can I have fries with my club sandwich instead of the mashed potatoes?"

"No!  No fries for you!  In fact, since you asked, no sandwich for you!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've done something similar - dined at the Steakhouse and left after the entree to go to the MDR for Bitter n Blanc dessert.  Now that Carnival has changed the BnB recipe, I won't be doing that again.

I think it's odd that when Carnival discontinues an item, and then brings it back after getting negative public feedback, the item restored doesn't seem to be the same.  The BnB is one example, the cheesecake in the Steakhouse and the shrimp cocktail appetizers are 2 more.

Almost a passive/aggressive reaction on Carnival's part?

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

I've done something similar - dined at the Steakhouse and left after the entree to go to the MDR for Bitter n Blanc dessert.  Now that Carnival has changed the BnB recipe, I won't be doing that again.

I think it's odd that when Carnival discontinues an item, and then brings it back after getting negative public feedback, the item restored doesn't seem to be the same.  The BnB is one example, the cheesecake in the Steakhouse and the shrimp cocktail appetizers are 2 more.

Almost a passive/aggressive reaction on Carnival's part?

Or it could be like in the land based restaurant business where a new executive chef thinks their recipe is better and takes advantage of any opportunity to change it.