Tickets for Punchliner Comedy???

scomar

In reading the Cruise Critic's official overview of the Carnival Magic, (link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=513 ) it stated that "Tickets for Punchliner Comedy performances were gone hours before the show."  So, you must purchase ticket to the Punchliner? Of the all the Carnival cruise ships I have been on I have not had to get tickets for the comedy shows.  Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks, scomar.

I posted about the same review a while back...got an answer that just like the other ships, there is no "ticketing" system for the comedy shows. Just show up, pick your (unoccupied) seat, order a drink, and then enjoy yourself 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Standing room yes but not to exceed crowd capacity due to fire regulation.

Guess I haven’t seen that many in a show where they turn people away. And standing room has really only been 2...maybe 3 shows over a week.

Edited by Saint Greg

I kinda wish they WOULD test out ticketing for the comedy shows and limit the number of tickets so that when they're gone they're gone. 

Pretty much every comedy show I've ever been to..whether it was PG or adult...was standing room early and if you didn't arrive at least 30 min ahead of time, you weren't getting a decent seat. And on certain ships (I wanna say the Magic was one, but I can't swear to it at the moment) there were seats in a position that didn't make any sense..they were not only stuck behind large poles but also behind the performer so you couldn't see/hear them very well.

24 minutes ago, IPlayWithString said:

Pretty much every comedy show I've ever been to..whether it was PG or adult...was standing room early and if you didn't arrive at least 30 min ahead of time, you weren't getting a decent seat.

front rows are always empty.

Edited by robc1972

On 12/25/2018 at 12:05 AM, sfaaa said:

Do show up 5-10 minutes early as 18+R shows are quite popular . When seating is full, you will be turned away at the door.

We just came off the liberty on Sunday. The 1st show was full but they did not turn anyone away. There were TONS of people  just standing around inside by the door and where ever there was space. I had not intention on standing! We came back for the later show about 30 min early and had a great seat! Saw the same thing for this show of people standing, but again no one was turned away

2 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

Pretty much every comedy show I've ever been to..whether it was PG or adult...was standing room early and if you didn't arrive at least 30 min ahead of time, you weren't getting a decent seat. And on certain ships (I wanna say the Magic was one, but I can't swear to it at the moment) there were seats in a position that didn't make any sense..they were not only stuck behind large poles but also behind the performer so you couldn't see/hear them very well.

2 hours ago, robc1972 said:

front rows are always empty.

The two early shows we attended on Sunshine in early December (most early slot, PG of course) were SRO if you walked in right at the start, but you could find an OK seat if you arrived 10 min early.  The front rows were not empty for these shows.

The seating was a bit odd, with seats to the side around a corner from the stage - you had to watch a monitor, unless the comedian walked around a bit.

The line-up for the show right after was huge in both cases, though - not sure how all those folks would have fit, even as SRO!

2 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

I kinda wish they WOULD test out ticketing for the comedy shows and limit the number of tickets so that when they're gone they're gone. 

That's insane. PG shows on my cruises are never standing room only. Maybe you're cruising when school is out and there are 1,000 kids. And really only 2....maybe 3 adult shows over a week reach standing room on my cruises. But posts like this are why I documented the comedy crowds in the live reviews of my August and December Dream cruises. PG shows half full. Most adult shows you can get a seat 5-10 mins prior to the show. Even the 2-3 standing room only shows you don't have to get there 30 mins early. They become standing room only no more than 5mins before the show I'd say.

Edited by Saint Greg

13 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The two early shows we attended on Sunshine in early December (most early slot, PG of course) were SRO if you walked in right at the start, but you could find an OK seat if you arrived 10 min early.  The front rows were not empty for these shows.

The seating was a bit odd, with seats to the side around a corner from the stage - you had to watch a monitor, unless the comedian walked around a bit.

The line-up for the show right after was huge in both cases, though - not sure how all those folks would have fit, even as SRO!

Maybe I could see an issue on sunshine because they took the real comedy club on deck 5 aft and made it into additional staterooms...then put the comedy club in the smaller lounge on deck 4.

Fantasy also...they cut that comedy club in half and put in a kids club. 

Edited by Saint Greg

6 minutes ago, IPlayWithString said:

That's exactly when we are cruising, due to our work and school schedules, actually.

Alright. I can tell you the first week of March on Breeze, last week of August on Dream, and first week of December on Dream the PG shows were no more than half full. But those weeks were the week before spring break, just after kids when back to school, and just before they got out for Christmas break. Just so people know it isn't a year round thing. Probably limited to spring break, summer break, christmas break.