Laundry service

GOODIES

The cabin steward does the shoes. It all depends on how busy the steward is at the time. We gave a pair of dirty shoes to the cabin steward one time and had them back in 30 minutes. I don't think they use polish, just those clean up sponges that you find in hotel rooms.

Edited by skynight

I was very disappointed with the shoe polishing service. Like skyknight said, it seems to just be a quick once-over with one of those sponges loaded up with silicone. If you're expecting a nice job with a waxy polish, forget it.

We had a cabin steward once who would polish ALL of my husband's shoes every day even if they didn't need polishing.  :classic_rolleyes:

Normally, he will put a pair out  he wants polished (with a please polish note) in the morning and it's done while the cabin steward is cleaning the cabin.

He seldom uses that perk ... but it's convenient when needed.  

LuLu 

Long ago (and far away), I had my boots polished....didn't realize it was the cabin steward who did the deed. Have never asked again, and won't. Those guys and gals work like dogs and I wouldn't even think of adding another task to their day. steve

15 minutes ago, geoherb said:

It's a perk you've earned as Elite (or paid for by being in a suite), so don't feel guilty about using it. That said, I've never had to use it. Using the laundry privilege is also more work for our cabin stewards.

Per above .... It's an Elite/Suite perk.  You should feel no more guilt about using it than you do the complimentary cleaning/laundry services which really is lots of extra work for your cabin steward.