Carnival Cruise Line Signs Internet-Boosting Contract

CA_Cruzing

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-signs-internet-boosting-contract/

In a move that should help Carnival Cruise Line’s passengers stay better connected while at sea, the cruise line signed a new contract with a company which is looking to improve internet service for both guests and the ships on which they sail.”

This is encouraging news and long overdue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

Is this the system they installed on Breeze and the newer ships? There was talk it would be rolled out fleet-wide... we found the Breeze internet to be great when we cruised last time...

Same with the Horizon internet service. They have he faster internet and there’s a noticeable difference in its speed. 

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

This is a great thing!

In before the "I disconnect when I cruise," crowd

LOL. You beat me to it. Threads like this really bring them out of the woodwork. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 1

We were aboard Conquest for a B2B in April. The internet was pathetic. I was not feeling well for a day or two and between the lack of TV and little to no connectivity, we agreed to not cruise until the internet speed increased. No, we don't shut off, we actually love sharing our trips with friends and they love it as well. I was very happy to read this new information, now just have to find out when each ship will be upgraded. 

• Like 1

I bought the premium internet package for our Magic cruise in July, but it was so bad that Guest Services gave me a full refund halfway through our 7-day cruise. I couldn't even send a simple text message or retrieve email. Even Facebook wouldn't load. I hope the new service is better, since I can no longer just disconnect due to work unless I want to come back to 2,500 or more emails.

13 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I bought the premium internet package for our Magic cruise in July, but it was so bad that Guest Services gave me a full refund halfway through our 7-day cruise. I couldn't even send a simple text message or retrieve email. Even Facebook wouldn't load. I hope the new service is better, since I can no longer just disconnect due to work unless I want to come back to 2,500 or more emails.

This would be a game-changer for me if I could access VPN and do my work stuff from the sea. I really don't mind doing an hour or so per day as I lounge in the sun. I actually prefer having the access.