2019 Platinum gift

crazy.cruzer

On 6/1/2019 at 1:11 AM, CimW said:

What’s worse is I achieved Platinum on our 4 day this month.  I was shocked at the lanyards but thought maybe because it was a 4 day cruise.  I didn’t even get the strawberry plate 😩

You only get the strawberry plate on cruises five days or longer. 

It is the Ships Staff which makes the decisions on Gifts. Yes the HotMan (Hotel Manger).

I wager inventory as well the volume of Paying Cruisers too is a heavy factoring upon the items given.

Be Thankful as a gift is a gift ids s gift. The Shareholder Benefit which we may use each cruise is a gifting ..(If yiou do not like ity give it back athe Pursers Desk so somone else may appreciate it!!!!!!)

Why would ya think in A.D. 2019 after Billions of $USD spent would have any factoring in the marketing decisions?

Did you all know even with all the NEW and Newly built Paid for Carnival and the other lines we own (Shareholders) in NYC, NY they did not even have the correct Gang Planks etc.. *YIKES* I just call it Bad Planning and Management.

The staff aboard the ships , somehow, blamed it on the Long Shoreman too.

Edited by AAAAmerican

We got lanyards on Vista last week  Traded them for night lights. The thing is, if you are one to wear lanyards, the chances are pretty good that you have already purchased lanyards for cruising long before reaching platinum.  I have one that I feel is pretty & is also waterproof.  The lanyards that CCL has given as platinum gift and as photo gift are cloth.  While this may feel fine on your neck on the ship, if you get it wet, it will take a while to dry.  So, if you then go shower & change into clean clothes you are stuck with a wet lanyard.  Even my old rope-style lanyard was at least thin enough to dry quickly.  My favorite platinum gift was the packing cube set.  I also would have liked any type of drinking mug/cup or blanket.  I will say that the perk we have used the most is the free laundry.  It allows us to pack less clothing.  We've not used priority boarding since none of our travel companions are platinum & we choose to wait so we can get a welcome aboard photo together. The strawberries on this last cruise were perfect, by the way.

• Like 2

I got a nightlight on the Horizon last week.  I was hoping for the tumbler since the week before cruisers got that so I didn't bring a drink cup.  The nightlight is nice, I put it in my bathroom not too bright.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaniceB said:

I got a nightlight on the Horizon last week.  I was hoping for the tumbler since the week before cruisers got that so I didn't bring a drink cup.  The nightlight is nice, I put it in my bathroom not too bright.

Would love that on the Sunrise, but I expect we will get the lanyards next month.  How was your cruise?

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Would love that on the Sunrise, but I expect we will get the lanyards next month.  How was your cruise?

Loved the Havana, hoping to do a quick review if I can get caught up at work.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

How long do you think they will be giving out lanyards [which, I would be okay with either way]. We are cruising early November, so I was thinking probably something else by then, or no?

I hope they are gone by the end of the month when we cruise on Breeze. I already have 3 of the lanyards. 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, dmdiver said:

We got lanyards on Vista last week  Traded them for night lights. The thing is, if you are one to wear lanyards, the chances are pretty good that you have already purchased lanyards for cruising long before reaching platinum.  I have one that I feel is pretty & is also waterproof.  The lanyards that CCL has given as platinum gift and as photo gift are cloth.  While this may feel fine on your neck on the ship, if you get it wet, it will take a while to dry.  So, if you then go shower & change into clean clothes you are stuck with a wet lanyard.  Even my old rope-style lanyard was at least thin enough to dry quickly.  My favorite platinum gift was the packing cube set.  I also would have liked any type of drinking mug/cup or blanket.  I will say that the perk we have used the most is the free laundry.  It allows us to pack less clothing.  We've not used priority boarding since none of our travel companions are platinum & we choose to wait so we can get a welcome aboard photo together. The strawberries on this last cruise were perfect, by the way.

The packing cubes we received had a very nasty smell to them.  I threw them out once we got home.

4 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Loved the Havana, hoping to do a quick review if I can get caught up at work.  

Best add change they have come up with.  We have friends that we usually cruise with that stayed with us in those cabins and their new reply is when we discuss future cruises “no more blue towels”....

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 11:22 PM, crazy.cruzer said:

Does anyone know what the Platinum Gift will be on the 2019 cruises, yet?  I've searched the posts, and they show a small backpack or cross body bag, but the posts are from October 2018. I'm not sure how often they roll out new ones.  Thx!

We just returned from a cruise aboard Carnival Legend and it was a Landyard with VIP on strap.  May 28, 2019

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Best add change they have come up with.  We have friends that we usually cruise with that stayed with us in those cabins and their new reply is when we discuss future cruises “no more blue towels”....

Aren't they already changing the area on the Mardi Gras?  

3 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Aren't they already changing the area on the Mardi Gras?  

It is still there but in another area on the ship.  We are staying in Havana cabana room on the 1st sailing in Europe.  We have one of the special aft wrap suites in March 2021.  Long winded answer is yes.....and no.  I will certainly post from the ship and do a review.

I am a travel agent and I'm always surprised to hear that people always say that the Carnival cruises are such a great value.  We cruise Carnival because of our son - he really enjoys it.  They are a great family ship, just like Royal Caribbean.  However, many of the other lines are the same price or lower when it comes to cruising.  As far as the gift... it is what it is.  A gift.  Keep it, share it, throw it away if you choose, but don't ever pick a line based on unknown perks.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:52 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I know you and others on this site have stated how much you like the Havana area. I have also read many comments from people saying they will never cruise again without staying in a Havana area. While I can understand the perspective from the passengers point of view, I wonder if Carnival intended to create a situation where certain passengers will now only cruise on 2 of their current 26 ships. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I know you and others on this site have stated how much you like the Havana area. I have also read many comments from people saying they will never cruise again without staying in a Havana area. While I can understand the perspective from the passengers point of view, I wonder if Carnival intended to create a situation where certain passengers will now only cruise on 2 of their current 26 ships. 

Funny you should ask, we were invited to a industry award event in January in New York and spent some time that evening sitting at the table with some Carnival Brass.  During a conversation, I mentioned the same thing (about no more blue towels) and asked them the exact same question.  Their reply was that heck no, thy loved having a different option.  Those cruisers, if the Havana option was not there, would probably have ventured out to other cruise lines.  

They also talked around (without actually telling me anything LOL) about some of the future things that would be coming on the Mardi Gras.  Long answer is no, they are not and neither am I.

3 hours ago, LCTXcruiser said:

I am a travel agent and I'm always surprised to hear that people always say that the Carnival cruises are such a great value.  We cruise Carnival because of our son - he really enjoys it.  They are a great family ship, just like Royal Caribbean.  However, many of the other lines are the same price or lower when it comes to cruising.  As far as the gift... it is what it is.  A gift.  Keep it, share it, throw it away if you choose, but don't ever pick a line based on unknown perks.

Just my two cents.

Not sure what you mean by unknown perks...

• 2 months later...