Fort Lauderdale Hotel

ctsharpie05

Any suggestions for a FLL hotel with a shuttle service from the airport and to the hotel and also from the hotel to the airport. Prefer no extra cost. I just need a place to sleep the night before my cruise that has a few restaurants nearby. Not wanting to spend a ton of money. Thank you!

If you read down the board, you will see there are dozens of threads on hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area. You will also see the very common recommendation to check out sunny.org, which is a website that lists all the area hotels, with their amenities, like shuttles.

Also, you will see the very common statement that shuttles shouldn't be a high priority, as taxis and Uber is very plentiful and inexpensive, and the distances are usually very short.

You will see that the 17th St area has many hotels that meet your definitions. Just takes a little reading.

Arriving late and just want a room, the Roadway is fine. If you have more time to kill and want to explore or eat out somewhere fun then Bruce is correct and I would not limit selections to those Hotels with both airport and port shuttles. 

Edited by JohninDC

Just booked Fairfield airport/cruise. Fair price and cancelable. Shuttle from airport, ship and shopping. Free WiFi and breakfast. New stay for me; mixed reviews.  Figure it's a Marriott property so should be ok. Anyone have input on this hotel?

• Like 3

I stayed there last year for 1 night prior to a cruise, and am doing so again next month.  Nice, comfortable room.  There's a Wendy's across the parking lot that is open late, and other, nicer sit-down restaurants nearby.  Close to both the airport & cruise port. I think it's a good choice.

• Like 1

We like the Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center).  Shuttle from the airport I think is free (or very minimal cost) but it is about $8 pp to the pier (about the same as a taxi if 2 people).  Good free breakfast, good shopping a block away (including Total Wine) and many nice dining options within a short walk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We like the Hyatt Place on 17th (Convention Center).  Shuttle from the airport I think is free (or very minimal cost) but it is about $8 pp to the pier (about the same as a taxi if 2 people).  Good free breakfast, good shopping a block away (including Total Wine) and many nice dining options within a short walk.

Being close to wine is a plus as I am wanting to take some on board. Thank you for your response!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Arriving late and just want a room, the Roadway is fine. If you have more time to kill and want to explore or eat out somewhere fun then Bruce is correct and I would not limit selections to those Hotels with both airport and port shuttles. 

And that is basically what we want. Just somewhere to sleep. We are getting in at 2 so I do not think we will be checked in until at least 4pm. Do you know if Rodeway is close to shops (specifically shops that sell wine)?

1 hour ago, ctsharpie05 said:

And that is basically what we want. Just somewhere to sleep. We are getting in at 2 so I do not think we will be checked in until at least 4pm. Do you know if Rodeway is close to shops (specifically shops that sell wine)?

Unfortunately the Rodeway is not within easy walking of shops. But there is a strip mall with everything only 1.5 miles away...

You can read here: Rodeway Inn for Cruisers - what you need to Know

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, saltshell said:

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know food is nearby. Only spending one pre-cruise night. Never understand why someone is so interested in restaurants when on cruise there will be more food than a body needs.

Saltshell, some of us have to fly to Florida. Some of us also come in the day before our cruise and restaurants, stores, etc. within walking distance is important.

• Like 2