Yacht Club Inside Cabin

andymattmom

Just coming off the Meraviglia in a Yacht Club Interior, the only downside is not having the balcony to be able to go out on or any natural light in the cabin. But the TV should have a channel or two showing the views from port/starboard side so you still get a sea view in the room.  The pros are that you get the suite life at a fraction of the cost of any other line. From what we've seen, and hope to experience soon, is that the Seaview has an expansive private pool deck, so which should make up for the lack of balcony. 

Truthfully we love balcony life, but didn't miss it much with the Yacht Club. 

-Macon and Shane

• Thanks 1

We, too, are trying out the YC insides on both Seaview and Meraviglia next year, after only sailing in balcony cabins before (except for my first ever cruise, which was in an inside cabin).  We couldn't do both cruises (a total of 30 nights onboard between the 2) in YC balcony cabins at the crazy prices being charged - the Meraviglia cruise is now €6189 pp for a YC inside and €9519pp for a balcony!  :classic_ohmy:  (The YC inside was €4949 when we booked!  😊 ... €7609 for YC balcony)

We rarely use the balcony - though, like Macon and Shane, my reservation is mainly about not having natural light in the cabin.  However, we believe it's a small price to pay to enjoy all that YC has to offer.  In fact, I expect we'll enjoy the amenities even more as we'll spend even less time in the cabin than usual.  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andymattmom said:

Anyone have pros/cons for the Inside Cabin in yacht club? We have always done balcony on Celebrity or NCL. Price on Seaview Mediterranean cruise $3,000 cheaper for inside yacht club cabin to similar Celebrity Apex balcony cabin. 

Having experienced the YIN on Meraviglia, you have all the wonderful benefits of YC at a fraction of the cost. If you are happy to use the one pool deck, it really is a no brainer at the price!

• Thanks 1

I had a inside YC on Seaside and feel it is the best deal in cruising.  You give up space and a view, while gaining so much more.  It was the best service, meals, hospitality, I have experienced in 26 cruises. 

Edited by gkbiiii
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

You give up space and a view, while gaining so much more.  It was the best service, meals, hospitality, I have experienced in 26 cruises. 

Space is the main thing you are sacrificing. The inside YC cabins are tiny. If you are like us and only use your cabin to sleep/change clothes, it is quite doable.

~Brian

The Yc insides are small and the shower is tiny there nothing suite about it but you get all the wonderful things that go with being in the YC. We have had better regular inside cabins on the Seaside and the prices have increased quite a bit like $1000.00 more than what we paid in Feb. 2018.

We're also trying a YC inside next year, we've only ever sailed in a balcony cabin, although as I don't like heights I've never used it. We are concerned a bit about no natural light and the lack of space but couldn't justify the additional cost for the balcony cabin, an extra £5,000! 

Bea and reviews convinced us we'd only enjoy Meraviglia in YC so it was inside or no cruise. 

We believe (hope) the YC experience is worth more than the balcony. 

We do spend time relaxing in the cabin but are situated very close to the TSL so will use that - we're not viewing that as a hardship 😀

28 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We're also trying a YC inside next year, we've only ever sailed in a balcony cabin, although as I don't like heights I've never used it. We are concerned a bit about no natural light and the lack of space but couldn't justify the additional cost for the balcony cabin, an extra £5,000! 

Bea and reviews convinced us we'd only enjoy Meraviglia in YC so it was inside or no cruise. 

We believe (hope) the YC experience is worth more than the balcony. 

We do spend time relaxing in the cabin but are situated very close to the TSL so will use that - we're not viewing that as a hardship 😀

Hi CF - how long is the cruise - must be a fair voyage for a price differential like that?!

P.S - How was Preziosa?

Edited by Captain-John

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

... so it was inside or no cruise. 

Same here, CF.  I'd always wanted to do a cruise to Maine & Canada, so when I saw the Meraviglia itinerary, I just had to book it!  However, the price for a YC balcony was more than we were prepared to pay (we'd already booked YIN on Seaview for the end of August), so it was an inside or no cruise for us, too.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Captain - 10 nights. A massive differential indeed! I've just checked the rates today and a YC inside is over £1,000 pp more than when we booked :classic_ohmy:

Preziosa was fabulous, now Christmas is over I'll finish my review.

Crikey!! I honestly thought it was 20+ nights with a price differential like that. Looking forward to the rest of your review. 🙂

54 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Same here, CF.  I'd always wanted to do a cruise to Maine & Canada, so when I saw the Meraviglia itinerary, I just had to book it!  However, the price for a YC balcony was more than we were prepared to pay (we'd already booked YIN on Seaview for the end of August), so it was an inside or no cruise for us, too.

The compromise is always in my mind too - am I going for the destinations or for the ship? I made a conscious decision next year to try 2 YC experiences, repeating a lot of ports I've already been to, so we can spend more time on the ship and actually use what we're paying for!

I did the Baltic route in July (on NCL Breakway), and I snapped after our intensive 2 day tour of St. Petersburg - I was absolutely exhausted, ratty and truthfully didn't fully enjoy the Hermitage etc. because it was way too intense, crowded and hot. After that, I pledged that the next few cruises would be 'feet up' - if getting off the ship at all, only for a few hours and not straying too far away.

Once I've got the relaxing out of my system, I'll be back to 'exotic' (i.e. new to me) ports and 10 hours of walking each day - so in that case I'd need to consider if the YC experience would be a waste (probably).

• Like 1

I have sailed on Seaside YC inside with a friend and we both found for the price, the experience was well worth giving up the balcony.  Only negative I would say, other than no natural light, is that the shower is small but we managed fine.  We were hardly in the room, other than to sleep, shower and change.  We did bring many of those removable hooks to hang our bathing suits, cover-ups, etc on.  I will say that sailing with a friend and having the beds separated did give the room a bigger feel.  The private pool area made up for the lack of balcony.  We enjoyed it so much we booked for 2020 with the hubbies and we both decided to do YC insides to keep the cost down.

12 hours ago, funNsun4me said:

Only negative I would say, other than no natural light, is that the shower is small but we managed fine. 

I've heard this complaint on numerous occasions.  We have large shower trays at home and so are used to having roomy shower experiences;  I'm hoping the small shower won't pose too much of a problem - though the showers on other ships (with the curtains) aren't terribly roomy either and we've managed with them.

While not a perfect solution, you could use the showers in the Spa as an alternative if it's really a problem.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

.....Bea and reviews convinced us we'd only enjoy Meraviglia in YC so it was inside or no cruise. 

We believe (hope) the YC experience is worth more than the balcony.....

It absolutely is, without a doubt!

• 3 months later...

I've booked the last inside cabin available on a Seaside sailing in October 2020. It is a large H cabin, assume that we could be moved but not mentioned when we booked. Not really bothered if we are moved as long as we are still in the Yacht Club.

9 minutes ago, jody75 said:

I've booked the last inside cabin available on a Seaside sailing in October 2020. It is a large H cabin, assume that we could be moved but not mentioned when we booked. Not really bothered if we are moved as long as we are still in the Yacht Club.

cabin number?

28 minutes ago, jody75 said:

Nice catch!  It's rare that they make those H cabins available this early out.  Who knows, if they have to move you, it could be to a YC balcony!  😜

MSC available cabins is rather strange, there are numerous YC inside cabins available for consecutive 7night cruises but there was only 1 cabin for the same period 14 night cruise.  If I combined two 7 night as a B2B it was over $1000 more than the 14 night deal.  Don’t understand their logic !

There is no rhyme or reason to how MSC's Inventory releases the cabins.  We had a Meraviglia YC inside on deck 14 booked for a 23 night cruise.  A couple of YINs on decks 15 and 16 became available recently but they were only for the 10 night and the 13 night itineraries over the same dates.  Also, they were only open to those from the UK despite us having to use the UK office to book.  A rep had to contact her supervisor to request that Inventory both release one of the cabins to the 23 night itinerary and also to the Ireland section.  Fortunately we were successful and were moved to the deck 16 cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jody75 said:

Our kids had an inside in June but it wasn't a H cabin on 18.

27 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

There is no rhyme or reason to how MSC's Inventory releases the cabins.  We had a Meraviglia YC inside on deck 14 booked for a 23 night cruise.  A couple of YINs on decks 15 and 16 became available recently but they were only for the 10 night and the 13 night itineraries over the same dates.  Also, they were only open to those from the UK despite us having to use the UK office to book.  A rep had to contact her supervisor to request that Inventory both release one of the cabins to the 23 night itinerary and also to the Ireland section.  Fortunately we were successful and were moved to the deck 16 cabin.

The downside with that move, I've heard some of the other passengers on Deck 16 are a bit 'suspect' 😉

Don't tell DH I've called him suspect though 😜