Equinox Cabin and Kid's Club Queries

colville2002

I'm looking at possibly booking the Southern Caribbean 11 nights on Equinox in October with my wife, my son (he will be 5) and my parents but have a few queries. 

Firstly, if I search for four adults and the family balcony cabins don't show in the results, does that mean they're booked or is this a cabin type reserved for 5 meaning you have to call for availability? Does anyone have experience in how this cabin tends to be priced compared with two standard balconies? 

We may prefer connecting cabins anyway. I don't spot any on the hump from a quick check, is that right? If so, would we be able to remove the partition between the balcony on neighbouring balconies on the hump instead? Also, are all connecting cabins connected by the front door joining together or do some have internal connections? 

Finally, does anybody have any information about the kid's club as in typical activities or pictures of the rooms /facilities for his age group? 

It's been over 5 years since we sailed with Celebrity so will be my son's first time but he has 2 with Royal Caribbean, 1 with Carnival and 1 with Princess so far and he loves cruising. 

My adult daughters grew up on Celebrity starting at ages 5 & 6. We had already cruised on a now-defunct cruise line that catered to families. The difference was that instead of 800 kids in the program, Celebrity had about 100 total so that in their age group there were about 30 or 40 kids instead of over 100. They got a lot of personal attention. Also, the dining room staff was fantastic over the years and helped my girls become totally non-picky eaters.

1 hour ago, colville2002 said:

Thanks, that's what keeps coming up in my research, lower numbers of kids so more attention. He'll love that! We're just off Regal Princess and the room the had for his age was great so hoping for something similar 

We have also sailed with the kids but you may have a bit of a problem, you are going on a longer cruise in October.  We did Equinox on an 11 day in late September and there were very few children.  Celebrity has really good children's programs, I would just worry a bit about numbers at that time of year. 

The family veranda cabins often don't appear on websites (unless there is an unsold FV close to the sailing).  If you are using a travel agent they will need to call Celebrity regarding availability, or if you have booked directly you will need to call.

The only connecting cabins I  have seen on the Equinox are connected through the front entrance joining the two staterooms together.  I have been on the Equinox five times and haven't seen a connecting stateroom with the doors in an interior wall.

FVs do hold 5---

Sailed on a 10 day on Reflection in November with kids ages 4 and 7

Great attention in kids club

They loved it more than Disney by huge marks- Disney too crowded and busy.

Lack of waterslides and kids specific pools a minor miss but not a bad deal overall.

We sailed in connected hump CC cabins (1136 and 1138 on Reflection), nanny in 2nd cabin with kids. 

Would do it again.