Larger robes

faerievert

Does HAL offer robes in larger sizes? My husband is 6’ and stocky — his shoulders are very wide. He has to turn sideways through the cabin door, etc. and even standardized doors can be a tight squeeze. He could barely move his arms in cabin robe last time, and forget properly closing the front. 

I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything HAL-specific except a very old thread saying to ask the cabin steward for a larger robe. Is that still a thing? Eurodam if it matters. 

• Like 1

I was on an Alaska cruise when my room steward offered me a larger robe.  I was so excited to get one that fit and wrapped around me.  I asked the front desk if I could buy one.  They told me they were not for sale.  

I asked what would happen if I took the one I already had.  They said I would be charged for it (around $50) I repeatedly told the front desk that I was taking the robe home and to charge me.  I even went down the last day to remind them I was "stealing" it and to charge my account.  They laughed at me and nodded.

I never saw the charge for the robe. 

The last time we sailed on HAL was Nov. 2016 and DH asked for a larger robe from our Neptune Suite room steward and was brought one immediately. He has since lost 70 pounds and won't need one on our upcoming Oosterdam cruise in Feb. 😃

Edited by Djptcp
misspelled word

19 hours ago, jenp123 said:

I was on an Alaska cruise when my room steward offered me a larger robe.  I was so excited to get one that fit and wrapped around me.  I asked the front desk if I could buy one.  They told me they were not for sale.  

I asked what would happen if I took the one I already had.  They said I would be charged for it (around $50) I repeatedly told the front desk that I was taking the robe home and to charge me.  I even went down the last day to remind them I was "stealing" it and to charge my account.  They laughed at me and nodded.

We've always been told they are for sale for $49 each and can be monogrammed while on board to personalize them.  They are also available via the website under "Gifts and Indulenges".

Just odd that you were told differently.  Certainly gives rise to the belief of asking until you get the answer you want to hear.  

20 hours ago, jenp123 said:

... I asked what would happen if I took the one I already had.  They said I would be charged for it (around $50) I repeatedly told the front desk that I was taking the robe home and to charge me.  I even went down the last day to remind them I was "stealing" it and to charge my account.  They laughed at me and nodded.

Just curious:  Were you able to get HAL to accept your payment when you informed "them" that you had not been charged for the robe?