D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

43 minutes ago, robandana said:

We were on this cruise also and we did not feel any negativity towards D or D+ especially from the HD and F&B which I got to know quite well. There were about 900 diamond, diamond plus and Pinnacle members visiting the D Lounge each day. The rule in the lounges has been since day 1,no drinks allowed outside the lounge.....it has never really been enforced but the rule has always been there. Anyone that uses these lounges has known about this rule, I'm not sure what this caused such an issue during the crossing, in fact they started enforcing it the cruise before the crossing that had over 500 D,D+and P in the lounge.

I never understand why anyone needs to take there glass of wine/drink out of the lounge.....use one of your 3 vouchers on your card at any of the bars before you get to the dining room.

Agree, but last 2 years been on multiple cruises and others have reported when were too many upper Tier they did same. Sad but was a Diamond 20yrs ago when it was Top Tier and over the yrs lost some benefits as more now cruise and more often

Edited by ONECRUISER

Premium paying passengers (I.e., first class, suites, etc...) are catered to above all - as it should be. RCI’s loyalty program as it relates to pinnacles cheats the suite paying passengers. They are operating under an old model. It’s good to see the wave of change coming. 

Loyalty is is important but it’s time for the airline model. Where you need to keep spending to stay in. This conferred status for life is a dead dog. The gravy train will soon be coming to a stop in favor of the big spenders. Au revoir!

• Like 1

I don't give it long before all loyalty lounges are done away with completely.  Just my prediction.  Space on a ship is finite.  The number of D, D+, and P's continue to grow and grow.  A non sustainable model.  

Open all lounges to everyone, unless they are based on the level of cabin you book, like the Suites.  Those are a finite number on every ship, so the lounge or restaurant can be sized for them with a known number of guests allowed each cruise.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I don't give it long before all loyalty lounges are done away with completely.  Just my prediction.  Space on a ship is finite.  The number of D, D+, and P's continue to grow and grow.  A non sustainable model.  

Open all lounges to everyone, unless they are based on the level of cabin you book, like the Suites.  Those are a finite number on every ship, so the lounge or restaurant can be sized for them with a known number of guests allowed each cruise.

Dan

The reason the number of D,D+ and Pinnacle are growing is because of the loyalty lounges.

Do away with them and you lose a very loyal high in number customer base.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

The reason the number of D,D+ and Pinnacle are growing is because of the loyalty lounges.

I would argue strongly against that statement.  The lounges may be a part of the equation, but not the sole reason that members cruise RCI.  I suspect there are very, very few passengers that have ever said, "I'm going to take this Royal Caribbean Cruise so that some day I can get into the Diamond lounge!"  People continue to sale Royal Caribbean because they like the overall product.  Of all the things involved in a cruise, a tiny lounge is... well, a tiny portion of a cruise.  It's a nice perk, but people would certainly adjust if they simply had to gather in one of the MANY other lounges on any given ship.

I highly doubt that loyal RCI cruises would leave simply because the Diamond and Concierge lounges were done away with.  Sure some may leave out of spite or frustration, but my guess is that the number would be very low.  

I don't have ANY proof (or statistics) of these arguments (and neither do you), so we can go round and round about it but we'll never know until the lounges go away, which is my prediction.

Dan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rt1092 said:

I can go into either on any Royal ship. But I prefer the company in the DL over the SL. Less kids, and everyone there has something in common (they cruise a lot).

As far as I'm concerned Royal can stick the suite guests anywhere they want. As long as I don't have to sit with them.

"As far as I'm concerned Royal can stick the suite guests anywhere they want. As long as I don't have to sit with them."

It never ceases to amaze me just how ugly some people can get on CC. The problem in question is not caused by suite guest. I also feel quite certain that in the mix of "suite guest" there are Pins, D+ and D's that sail in suites, not just those pesky once every year cruisers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But being at least diamond makes those options even better. 

Really?   How?   Not being facetious.   Just don't understand it.   Which ever bar we go to...pre-dinner or whenever....we have fun...meet great people  We are 1 point away from Emerald.  (which is not much different than Platinum)  Honestly, I have never understood the whole status thing.  We love trying new cruise lines and could give a rats ass about status.  I guess everyone is different  ...just how we feel.

Edited by champagne123
  • Like 4

I think both customers a very important to Royal the high paying suite and the loyal repeater. Many loyal repeaters sail 10-20 times each year overcasting the price paid for 1 or 2 suites each year. I think both customers need to be looked after and I think Royal does a pretty good job of doing so. I do understand that change is hard but everything changes....We still feel there is more bang for our buck on aboard Royal Caribbean and that's why we sail as much as we do, if that changes in the future so will our cruising preferences. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Don’t agree with this at all. We are Diamond but are not repeat cruisers with Royal because of access to a lounge. If they removed lounge access we would still sail with them. It’s not that important to us at all 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I would argue strongly against that statement.  The lounges may be a part of the equation, but not the sole reason that members cruise RCI.  I suspect there are very, very few passengers that have ever said, "I'm going to take this Royal Caribbean Cruise so that some day I can get into the Diamond lounge!"  People continue to sale Royal Caribbean because they like the overall product.  Of all the things involved in a cruise, a tiny lounge is... well, a tiny portion of a cruise.  It's a nice perk, but people would certainly adjust if they simply had to gather in one of the MANY other lounges on any given ship.

I highly doubt that loyal RCI cruises would leave simply because the Diamond and Concierge lounges were done away with.  Sure some may leave out of spite or frustration, but my guess is that the number would be very low.  

I don't have ANY proof (or statistics) of these arguments (and neither do you), so we can go round and round about it but we'll never know until the lounges go away, which is my prediction.

Dan

We sailed in JS to make D and also D+.

We were high loyalty on P&O but were seduced by RC C&A society loyalty benefits and have now sailed twice as many nights on RC compared to P&O.

There are many fantastic cruise ships vying for our custom as well as other regular cruisers money and speaking to and reading many people's views on the loyalty lounges my conclusion is RC would be taking a big risk shelving the loyalty lounges.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

Really?   How?   Not being facetious.   Just don't understand it.   Which ever bar we go to...pre-dinner or whenever....we have fun...meet great people  We are 1 point away from Emerald.  (which is not much different than Platinum)  Honestly, I have never understood the whole status thing.  We love trying new cruise lines and could give a rats ass about status.  I guess everyone is different  ...just how we feel.

Free drinks for 3 and a half hours a day,nice breakfast and evening snacks and unlimited coffee to name a few benefits of the Diamond lounge,I think most people would be attracted by that proposition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

We too experience all those reason you mentioned not matter where we decide to enjoy our predinner drinks. All I'm saying It's also nice not having to pay for the first six drinks if we don't go to the dedicated lounges. We also have cruised with other cruise lines but prefer Celebrity and RC. Personal preference.  We never and still don't concern ourselves with the different tier levels as far as, "man we can't wait to get to the next tier level" but once you make that next tier level why not enjoy what you have paid for thru the years. When it happens it happens. We cruise for the itinerary first then the cruise line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

As a D+ we save well over $500 on each cruise.  When you save that much, that's the difference between a balcony or a JS upgrade.  If you reach that level you will understand it.

per couple

3*2*7*$8/ drink = $336

C&A Balcony discount = $100

2 free pictures = $60

2 free wash and fold = $70

4 days internet = $90

$656 for a 7-day cruise.

D+ benefits have not been reduced.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coffeekid said:

Don’t agree with this at all. We are Diamond but are not repeat cruisers with Royal because of access to a lounge. If they removed lounge access we would still sail with them. It’s not that important to us at all 

That's fine it's your cruise to do what pleases you.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Free drinks for 3 and a half hours a day,nice breakfast and evening snacks and unlimited coffee to name a few benefits of the Diamond lounge,I think most people would be attracted by that proposition.

But if you purchase the drink package, this means absolutely nothing.  Even if you don't ....I think talking to D and D+ pax, is not worth it to me to hear their stories about the gazillion cruises they have been on. JMO.   We met a "pinnacle" lady on one cruise and OMG....really?   Just torture.  Again...JMO.  I actually love meeting people that have never cruised before.  I find them to be the friendliest and most down to earth. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

As a D+ we save well over $500 on each cruise.  When you save that much, that's the difference between a balcony or a JS upgrade.  If you reach that level you will understand it.

per couple

3*2*7*$8/ drink = $336

2 free pictures = $60

4 days internet = $90

$656 for a 7-day cruise.

Agree. And it starts when you become diamond. Also if you bounce between Celebrity and RC as we do the recipicol tier level matching up to Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on RC are a nice benefit. As most of us would agree it's more than just the drinks in the evening. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

I'm D+ with over 500 points.  I have no problem with RCCL catering to someone paying up to $30,000 to sail in a suite.  Hotels and airlines cater to those that pay more too, as they should. There are a lot more perks staying in a penthouse and flying first class than someone in economy.

I thought all people were created equal..  What is this whole "status" thing?????    Just unbelievable to me that people actually think this way.

8 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

per couple

3*2*7*$8/ drink = $336

2 free pictures = $60

4 days internet = $90

$656 for a 7-day cruise.

These are all good reasons to keep cruising on Royal....not to mention the great conversations we have in the lounges with like minded cruisers.

26 minutes ago, robandana said:

I think both customers a very important to Royal the high paying suite and the loyal repeater. Many loyal repeaters sail 10-20 times each year overcasting the price paid for 1 or 2 suites each year. I think both customers need to be looked after and I think Royal does a pretty good job of doing so. I do understand that change is hard but everything changes....We still feel there is more bang for our buck on aboard Royal Caribbean and that's why we sail as much as we do, if that changes in the future so will our cruising preferences. 

Trust me when I tell you those cabins will sail full whether with a loyal paying customer or a first timer - rest assured they won’t be empty and they will be paid for. 

• Like 1