D+ kicked out of CONCIERGE Lounge while onboard

LMaxwell

10 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

As a D+ we save well over $500 on each cruise.  When you save that much, that's the difference between a balcony or a JS upgrade.  If you reach that level you will understand it.

per couple

3*2*7*$8/ drink = $336

C&A Balcony discount = $100

2 free pictures = $60

2 free wash and fold = $70

4 days internet = $90

$656 for a 7-day cruise.

D+ benefits have not been reduced.

I do not always book a balcony

I buy the drink package..always

I never purchase the dumb ass pics (we have a camera)......

I always bring enough clothes to never have to wear them a second time

I never get the internet (except for our last cruise because my mom was seriously ill)  

Savings ....ZERO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

I thought all people were created equal..  What is this whole "status" thing?????    Just unbelievable to me that people actually think this way.

Who said anything about “status”? Insecure much, or did you drink too much Hatorade today?

3 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

I do not always book a balcony

I buy the drink package..always

I never purchase the dumb ass pics (we have a camera)......

I always bring enough clothes to never have to wear them a second time

I never get the internet (except for our last cruise because my mom was seriously ill)  

Savings ....ZERO

Because you aren't D+.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy C said:

Trust me when I tell you those cabins will sail full whether with a loyal paying customer or a first timer - rest assured they won’t be empty and they will be paid for. 

Maybe, but I think Royal know exactly what they are doing, exactly what they have created and the race is always on to reach the next level....you hear it everyday "I booked a JS to get to the next level". When was the last time you herd someone paying for first class to make the next airline tier, I'm sure it happens but not like at Royal....they have a lot of people chasing first Diamond...then D+ and the almighty...Pinnacle status... why? change is coming you better get there before it all changes....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

But if you purchase the drink package, this means absolutely nothing.  Even if you don't ....I think talking to D and D+ pax, is not worth it to me to hear their stories about the gazillion cruises they have been on. JMO.   We met a "pinnacle" lady on one cruise and OMG....really?   Just torture.  Again...JMO.  I actually love meeting people that have never cruised before.  I find them to be the friendliest and most down to earth. 

We rarely drink at home and last year when we had a free drinks package on Freedom we only used it in Giovanni's and MDR.

Travel and sport are my hobbies and speaking to people about these subjects is always interesting.

I do agree that people who brag continuosly are best avoided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We rarely drink at home and last year when we had a free drinks package on Freedom we only used it in Giovanni's and MDR.

Travel and sport are my hobbies and speaking to people about these subjects is always interesting.

I do agree that people who brag continuosly are best avoided.

That's why we need the lounges....people that don't cruise a lot feel it's bragging, I love to hear about peoples cruises, I always learn something and never feel they are bragging.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

I thought all people were created equal..  What is this whole "status" thing?????    Just unbelievable to me that people actually think this way.

You really believe that? Stop listening to the politicians. There is no such thing.

21 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

But if you purchase the drink package, this means absolutely nothing.  Even if you don't ....I think talking to D and D+ pax, is not worth it to me to hear their stories about the gazillion cruises they have been on. JMO.   We met a "pinnacle" lady on one cruise and OMG....really?   Just torture.  Again...JMO.  I actually love meeting people that have never cruised before.  I find them to be the friendliest and most down to earth. 

It's really sad you feel this way.  Loyalty levels have nothing to do with personalities.

As a D+ I have never, volunteered how many cruises, what cabin I'm in, and I always leave my seapass card face down.

5 minutes ago, robandana said:

That's why we need the lounges....people that don't cruise a lot feel it's bragging, I love to hear about peoples cruises, I always learn something and never feel they are bragging.

Our next Cruise will be our 50th.

We are D+ on Royal.

Elite on Princess.

Atlantic on P&O.

Loved the choice of restaurants on NCL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

It's really sad you feel this way.  Loyalty levels have nothing to do with personalities.

As a D+ I have never, volunteered how many cruises, what cabin I'm in, and I always leave my seapass card face down.

We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves in the DL and like you don't volunteer cruise information unless I am specifically asked by someone.

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

What are you referring to?  Your obvious disgust for loyal RCI customers? 

Wow.  Sad 

Absolutely not.  As I have stated many, many times...I am very social.  BUT after years of cruising (all different cruise lines)  I hate meeting people that feel the need to tell you their status...how many cruises....in a suite....etc...etc.   I am soooo turned off by this.   Talk to me as a human being.  I am an RN and have taken care of people my whole life.  I DO Not  CARE what your status is.  Period.   
ooO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, champagne123 said:

Absolutely not.  As I have stated many, many times...I am very social.  BUT after years of cruising (all different cruise lines)  I hate meeting people that feel the need to tell you their status...how many cruises....in a suite....etc...etc.   I am soooo turned off by this.   Talk to me as a human being.  I am an RN and have taken care of people my whole life.  I DO Not  CARE what your status is.  Period.   
ooO

You just did the same thing you hate....volunteered information no one asked for....why is it import to tell everyone you are a RN and looked after people your whole life....only its not about cruising....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Exactly. Some just don't get it. "It's the journey not the destination". 

I have the journey.   Just not with the same old, same old.  We like to switch it around with different cruise lines.  Don't care that our underwear gets washed for free.

• Like 1