How many bottles of wine can you bring on NCL

cruiser147147

9 minutes ago, cruiser147147 said:

I realize there is a $15 corkage fee per bottle but cannot seem to find current rules on how many bottles of wine can be brought on.

Thanks

My understanding is you can’t bring any on.

no beverages at all in fact

1 hour ago, cruiser147147 said:

I realize there is a $15 corkage fee per bottle but cannot seem to find current rules on how many bottles of wine can be brought on.

Thanks

I recently asked this question. You can bring as much as you can carry evidently. Wine only, 15$ per bottle corking fee.

here it is directly from the ncl site:

Can I still bring wine on board?
Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board.

24 minutes ago, bbnjcruiser said:

I recently asked this question. You can bring as much as you can carry evidently. Wine only, 15$ per bottle corking fee.

here it is directly from the ncl site:

Can I still bring wine on board?
Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Thanks for taking the time to find the rule from the NCL site.  I could not find it. 

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

My understanding is you can’t bring any on.

no beverages at all in fact

You can bring as many bottle as you want but as OP mentioned you will be charged a $15 fee for each one you bring on. If you carry them on the fee will be assessed when you check in after going through security. If you ship them in your luggage, you will asked to report to a certain area and will be charged at that time 

I brought five bottles of wine for our NE and Canada cruise in September. Paid the corkage and everything was great.  I declined the expensive beverage package with the outrageous overvalue and gratuities.  My alcohol cost for the cruise was less than what the gratuities would have cost alone.  

You would not have to purchase the UBP but could consider an alternative the Viva Vino wine program.

No corkage fees and you let NCL take care of lugging storage of the wine. You can also take one or more

of the bottles to your cabin for your convenience.

The Viva Vino program may not have the top selection in wines for your taste but here is dated copy of it:

If interested when you board your ship look for the wine display somewhere in the Atrium - the program is

available on the day of boarding and usually the next. Contact any bar or Guest Services for other times.

4 Bottles - $88
6 Bottles - $132
8 Bottles - $176
___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California
___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia
___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy
___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France
___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California
___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia
___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina
___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California
___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile
___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia
The Aficionado
Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following
4 Bottles - $98
6 Bottles - $146
8 Bottles - $196
___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia
___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California
___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand
___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California
___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California
___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California
___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California
___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California
The Connoisseur
Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following
4 Bottles - $110
6 Bottles - $162
8 Bottles - $216
___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California
___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California
___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California
___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California
___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

In the past, NCL had just a few bottles that appealed to us, but those aren't included in any packages.

But at least they had something we could enjoy.

We've since started bringing on wine, which has worked very well, although it might not always be practical (or allowed, depending upon cruise line).

GC

Thanks for posting that. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $22 per bottle for the convenience of not having to bring it on board, or buy wines that actually taste good and bring them. When you pay the corkage at boarding, do they allow you to bring the wine to your room? I suppose I can call customer service to ask. One thing to mention to others who asked, I was told if you bring on more wine than you drink, you can get a refund for corkage that you paid upfront. 

On my October 2017 Mediterranean cruise I brought on 12 bottles of wine for our group purchased in Tuscany when boarding at Civitavecchia. Just paid the 12x $15. That raised the cost to over $30+ a bottle but they were charging $100 a bottle for the Amarone. Everything else would of been equal in quality to the $60+ offerings on board.

its only worth bringing wine onboard if it’s of quality. Just look at the list posted earlier and see if you would be happy with the offerings. I wouldn’t bother bringing a cheap bottle and paying the corkage but you can find some nice gems at $20+.

9 hours ago, Robinsilver said:

Thanks for posting that. Now I have to decide if I want to pay $22 per bottle for the convenience of not having to bring it on board, or buy wines that actually taste good and bring them. When you pay the corkage at boarding, do they allow you to bring the wine to your room? I suppose I can call customer service to ask. One thing to mention to others who asked, I was told if you bring on more wine than you drink, you can get a refund for corkage that you paid upfront. 

When you pay the corkage they put a sticker on the bottles and you keep them

with you. You can then drink them

wherever you like.

Also, if you don’t end up drinking them for whatever reason, they will refund the corkage fee at the end of the cruise. We are picky  about what wines we drink, so if we are going to drink wine, we bring it on and pay the cork fee.

15 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You would not have to purchase the UBP but could consider an alternative the Viva Vino wine program.

No corkage fees and you let NCL take care of lugging storage of the wine. You can also take one or more

of the bottles to your cabin for your convenience.

The Viva Vino program may not have the top selection in wines for your taste but here is dated copy of it:

If interested when you board your ship look for the wine display somewhere in the Atrium - the program is

available on the day of boarding and usually the next. Contact any bar or Guest Services for other times.

4 Bottles - $88
6 Bottles - $132
8 Bottles - $176
___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California
___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia
___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy
___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France
___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California
___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia
___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina
___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California
___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile
___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia
The Aficionado
Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following
4 Bottles - $98
6 Bottles - $146
8 Bottles - $196
___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia
___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California
___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand
___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California
___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California
___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California
___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California
___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California
The Connoisseur
Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following
4 Bottles - $110
6 Bottles - $162
8 Bottles - $216
___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California
___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California
___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California
___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California
___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

before we got the UBP as a perk that is exactly what we did. Add to that our TA always sent us at least 1 bottle and we got our free bottle for being platinum. That was a heck of a lot easier than lugging all that wine to the ship. 

If you bring a bottle(s) on board and pay the corkage fee, can you bring one of the bottles to dinner and have them pour it at dinner or is it for in room use only?  We are particular about the wines we like and may bring a favorite bottle for our anniversary dinner at Le Bistro.

5 minutes ago, Gampy1967 said:

If you bring a bottle(s) on board and pay the corkage fee, can you bring one of the bottles to dinner and have them pour it at dinner or is it for in room use only?  We are particular about the wines we like and may bring a favorite bottle for our anniversary dinner at Le Bistro.

Once the corkage fee is paid you can take it anywhere, including any restaurant or any other venue.

1 hour ago, Gampy1967 said:

Take it anywhere on the ship to drink anywhere - If truly corked - a wine steward or bar tender can uncork and

furnish the necessary glasses. If horrors you bring a screw top wine bottle well you know what to do here !

If you don't finish the wine you can take it back to your cabin for drinking later.

It is rarely done but you can have NCL hold the wine for your next restaurant event.

You have after all paid a corkage fee for taking care of the serving of the beverage.

Normally out of 750ml bottle there will be 6 4 ounce servings or 4 6 ounce - 750ml = 24 ounces - gauge accordingly.

Needing your wine chilled use the champagne bucket in your cabin - cabin steward furnishing the ice.

The mini-fridges in the cabins are really not all that great to keep 750ml bottles stored - TOO TALL SALLY !

To tote or not to tote that is the wine drinkers dilemma - drinking is certainly not a problem ! Clink - Clink !

My DH & I sailed on the Jewel 13th Dec. We took 14 bottles of wine on board. We paid USD$15 per bottle. We used a wheeled cabin luggage bag to carry it on board. Once our bag was scanned they set it aside and took it over to a staff member at a table to sign a chit for the cost of the wine. My DH stated how many bottles we had and he didn't even check it. We were give a sticker to put on the bottles showing we had paid for them. We took them to our room once we had access to it. We took a bottle to the Azura's every night and left a few in Spinnakers Lounge (with our name on). 

I did the same on the Jewel in Jan when I took 6 bottles on my 16 night cruise but wasn't given any stickers.