Cunard Oversized Bag Atlantic crossing

UKGirlyUSA

Hello Everyone - Happy New Year. I have a Q,s - I will ramble 1st this is my 1st cruise it will be a one way and is for getting my dog home from USA to UK after living USA for 10 yrs they have banned my small breed from flying due to breathing complications with breed so the only way I can get home is to sail. I will be on the Queen Mary and have asked my rep many time regarding, luggage. I will have 2 carry ons with valuable and breakables that I would like to carry on to the ship and 4 suite cases all around 20 KG however one is 19kg but is a large holdall 62 x 20 x 13 total 72". is this going to get excepted - I will be on my own with luggage and a dog and would greatly appreciate a smooth transition the the ship. So help in advance would be mostly appreciated.Ā  thanks

I believe Cunard guidelines are that you can bring any amount of luggage, provided the cases can be stored in the cabin. Max weight of each case is 50 lbs (23 kg).

Ā 

However, while cruise lines don't advertise storing cases outside cabins any longer,Ā if you ask the cabin steward he/she will have a locker somewhere to store it.

Ā 

Suggest also asking on the Cunard Board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

I believe Cunard guidelines are that you can bring any amount of luggage, provided the cases can be stored in the cabin. Max weight of each case is 50 lbs (23 kg).

Ā 

However, while cruise lines don't advertise storing cases outside cabins any longer,Ā if you ask the cabin steward he/she will have a locker somewhere to store it.

Ā 

Suggest also asking on the Cunard Board.

thank you as long as they hold it I can put it in my room no issue thank you for your response

There are really no restrictions on the number and size of bags you can bring on your ship except for limitations on the size of carry-ons (they must fit through the security X-ray scanner).Ā  While it is true that you are normally expected to store your bags in your own cabin (most do this under the bed) if you do not have room, just ask your cabin steward for help.Ā  He/she will either find a way to store the stuff in your cabin or they will likely store them somewhere else.Ā  Do not hesitate to ask the cabin steward for this kind of help as they are good at solving these kind of minor issues.

Ā 

The reason most of us are very careful about luggage is that most of us will use the airlines to get to/from the ship.Ā  And having too much or too heavy luggage with airlines can get very expensive.

Ā 

Hank

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

There are really no restrictions on the number and size of bags you can bring on your ship except for limitations on the size of carry-ons (they must fit through the security X-ray scanner).Ā  While it is true that you are normally expected to store your bags in your own cabin (most do this under the bed) if you do not have room, just ask your cabin steward for help.Ā  He/she will either find a way to store the stuff in your cabin or they will likely store them somewhere else.Ā  Do not hesitate to ask the cabin steward for this kind of help as they are good at solving these kind of minor issues.

Ā 

The reason most of us are very careful about luggage is that most of us will use the airlines to get to/from the ship.Ā  And having too much or too heavy luggage with airlines can get very expensive.

Ā 

Hank

Thank you Hank most appreciate the response

You are aware that you won't be able to have your dog in your cabin, right?Ā  Just thought I'd mention that in case you were hoping to have the little one with you.Ā  Good luck with the luggage; if you're alone in the cabin, it shouldn't be much of an inconvenience having it all together.

Ā 

Smooth Sailing! šŸ™‚šŸ™‚šŸ™‚

• Like 1