Do you lose perks offered by online travel agency if upgrading?

llcruisers

Sorry - this might be a dumb question but do you lose any perks offered by your online travel agency if you bid for an upgrade through Upgrade Advantage?  We received prepaid gratuities and a minimal onboard credit by booking thru one of the large online travel agencies.  We are in a sailaway balcony and wanting to bid for a spa balcony or mini-suite but don't want to lose my perks.

3 minutes ago, llcruisers said:

Sorry - this might be a dumb question but do you lose any perks offered by your online travel agency if you bid for an upgrade through Upgrade Advantage?  We received prepaid gratuities and a minimal onboard credit by booking thru one of the large online travel agencies.  We are in a sailaway balcony and wanting to bid for a spa balcony or mini-suite but don't want to lose my perks.

You need to ask the agent

1 hour ago, llcruisers said:

not to mention asking the agent if they even participate in the Advantage Upgrade Program..... some opt out

I called my online travel agency and they said I would not lose any perks if I received an upgrade through NCL's Upgrade Advantage program.  I did receive an email from NCL to bid on a upgrade.  I can upgrade to a Haven cabin, spa balcony, spa mini-suite and a couple other cabin categories.  I already got assigned my sailaway balcony for my March 24 sailing.  I'm looking to bid on the spa mini-suite or spa balcony.  Can I put in a bid for both?  What happens it they accept both bids or does NCL know to only accept one?  New to this bidding for upgrade process so I appreciate any insight.  I did read the FAQs on it.

6 hours ago, llcruisers said:

I called my online travel agency and they said I would not lose any perks if I received an upgrade through NCL's Upgrade Advantage program.  I did receive an email from NCL to bid on a upgrade.  I can upgrade to a Haven cabin, spa balcony, spa mini-suite and a couple other cabin categories.  I already got assigned my sailaway balcony for my March 24 sailing.  I'm looking to bid on the spa mini-suite or spa balcony.  Can I put in a bid for both?  What happens it they accept both bids or does NCL know to only accept one?  New to this bidding for upgrade process so I appreciate any insight.  I did read the FAQs on it.

They will only offer one upgrade, not both and according to our TA you do not lose your perks if your bid is accepted. If your TA said this, trust him or her.