when is FTTF usually offered

anhellena

We are on the Conquest in November and would like to try out FTTF this time but it has not been offered that I know of. I booked this in August and have been watching where I believe it should be offered but nothing. The place that I have been watching is in manage you cruise under the port of Miami if this is not where it is offered please let me know. Thanks.

You're looking in the correct place. In my personal experience in the past 4-5 years it's come out about 10-12 months in advance. Usually closer to the 12 month mark. However my May cruise it didn't come out until July so that was the 10 month mark. I've never seen it come out any shorter than that. 

• Like 1

If it is offered as an option, but "Sold Out", then that means it has been offered long enough to actually sell out of available slots.  It is possible some slots will free up if folks change their mind and get a refund or a few D&Ps drop out by changing or cancelling their booking.

If it isn't listed at all, that means Carnival so far hasn't decided whether there are enough slots to offer it up, which is possible if there are a large number of D&Ps already booked.

Keep a look out for it, and maybe it will pop up when the Final Payment date slips past and folks make their final decisions (or forget to pay).

The vast majority of things that change from day to day with cruising like prices, availability, and in this case, FTTF, is due to supply and demand and little else. I believe Carnival releases more based off of how many P/D VIFP members there are, and for people who miss final payment. Keep checking!

On 1/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, anhellena said:

We are on the Conquest in November and would like to try out FTTF this time but it has not been offered that I know of. I booked this in August and have been watching where I believe it should be offered but nothing. The place that I have been watching is in manage you cruise under the port of Miami if this is not where it is offered please let me know. Thanks.

We've had our November Vista cruise booked since April of last year, so I feel your pain!  It used to be that I was able to book FTTF well over a year in advance.  But it seems like as of late, they have been offering FTTF only about 6 months prior to sailing.  I'm guessing it's because of the increased number of Platinums; they need to be certain that they don't sell too many additional priority embarkation spots away, otherwise, it will make the perk not a perk anymore.

We are booked on the Magic for February     Booked this cruise over 18 months ago and FTTF was always shown as sold out-   Until last week when all 30 slots became available.  They were gone within the first hour. 

I'm on the Vista in June and have been stalking a couple of times a day...didn't check yesterday but had a whim to check last night while in bed...it was there...hurried and booked it...yippeee...but it showed sold out this morning when I got up (checked out of curiosity)...this was a little after 9PM Pacific time. 

13 hours ago, serene56 said:

We are booked on the Magic for February     Booked this cruise over 18 months ago and FTTF was always shown as sold out-   Until last week when all 30 slots became available.  They were gone within the first hour. 

How do you know how many spots there are?

On 1/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

Following....I haven’t seen one for my sailing in April.  I don’t know if I missed it or if it’s not being offered.

Not sure if you had seen this thread:  but someone had mentioned that if a sailing has a large number of platinums, they may not offer any FTTF or will offer very few.  I'm also told that the closer to final payment, people who have ordered it and decide not to go will cancel and FTTF might open up.  

• Like 1