Notification for cabin assignment?

Clampram

If you don't have an assigned cabin for your cruise reservation, does Princess send an email notification when the determination of cabin assignments is made.? Or, does it just pop up in your cruise personalizer?

I STALK the Personizer until I get a cabin assignment. It is entertainment to me!

And then I have to check to make sure there is no bump-out, no connecting cabins, and that it has residential floors above and below.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I STALK the Personizer until I get a cabin assignment. It is entertainment to me!

And then I have to check to make sure there is no bump-out, no connecting cabins, and that it has residential floors above and below.

Ha!! I'll be doing the same thing but, in this case, we can't be choosy as we just made a very last minute reservation for Jan 19.

How many days prior to the cruise have you been finding this?

25 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I always choose my cabin even when I pay more. If you get a cabin you don’t like can you call and change it? Will they do it if they have more cabins empty?

22 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Ha!! I'll be doing the same thing but, in this case, we can't be choosy as we just made a very last minute reservation for Jan 19.

How many days prior to the cruise have you been finding this?

I almost always book a gty... I have gotten cabin assignment as early as a few days after booking. I have also gotten cabin assignment the day before the sailing (which makes for a lot of stalking). I have mostly always gotten “in category” upgrades. Once, I booked an IF and got a BA months before sailing.

8 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I almost always book a gty... I have gotten cabin assignment as early as a few days after booking. I have also gotten cabin assignment the day before the sailing (which makes for a lot of stalking). I have mostly always gotten “in category” upgrades. Once, I booked an IF and got a BA months before sailing.

The only reason for booking a "guaranteed cabin" then is that you then may qualify for an upgrade?? If I already have a guaranteed minisuite in the MF category..........what would the upgrade be in that category?? Not sure if I understand this at all sorry for the questions...

10 minutes ago, Clampram said:

The only reason for booking a "guaranteed cabin" then is that you then may qualify for an upgrade?? If I already have a guaranteed minisuite in the MF category..........what would the upgrade be in that category?? Not sure if I understand this at all sorry for the questions...

I book gtys because I can pay the lowest amount in a category. Only one time have I sailed in the gty category I booked. Normally, I end up with an in-category upgrade.

What experience has anyone had with checking the box on your Cruise reservation for a complimentary upgrade when you have a cabin already assigned.

It states that if you receive and upgrade it might not have certain features, have an obstructed view, or be in a less-desirable location than you might prefer. 

Seems strange as an upgrade should be a better cabin.

Travel agent says if you check that option and they offer an "upgrade" you must accept what they offer.

4 hours ago, Clampram said:

Anything from a category ME up to MA.  Above that there is aways Club Class mini-suites and full suites.,