Check in times for Miami?

lithlith

How strict are the check in times at Miami?

I signed up for the earliest available option for the Carnival Horizon which was 12:30pm, but typically we arrive at the pier around 11am. Will we be stuck waiting outside or will they let us in early?

4 hours ago, lithlith said:

How strict are the check in times at Miami?

I signed up for the earliest available option for the Carnival Horizon which was 12:30pm, but typically we arrive at the pier around 11am. Will we be stuck waiting outside or will they let us in early?

Very strict the last few times we were there...if its not your time yet, you wait in a line outside the building.

We will be on the Horizon also--march 23-31 for an 8 day.   We turn platinum this cruise, plus its a premier for us.  So we can go as early as we want, however, we are going at 1:30 or so, because I hate the crowds and it sounds like all the platinum folks like to get there early.    We will be fashionably late :):)      We stay at the embassy suites the night before and get a 2pm checkout with our rate, so it works out good for us.

But, if your check in time is 12:30p...unless you like standing outside in the heat, grab some lunch somewhere first.

I'm in the same boat (or should I say ship :classic_laugh:). 12:30 check-in, but getting dropped off around 11. I don't mind waiting, I'll just try to find a spot to hang out and not be in anyone's way.

Same as the rest for me in Sept. The line for people not in their check-in window was huge!! But if you were in your window, it was pretty much walking the entire time, no bottlenecks until we took the onboarding picture.

What time do the doors actually open in Miami?  From what I've been reading, the earliest check in time anyone has gotten for the Horizon has been 12:30.  We are Platinum and brother and SIL bought FTTF and we are wondering when the doors actually open for check in.

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

What time do the doors actually open in Miami?  From what I've been reading, the earliest check in time anyone has gotten for the Horizon has been 12:30.  We are Platinum and brother and SIL bought FTTF and we are wondering when the doors actually open for check in.

Sometime between 10:30 and 11:00am. Boarding time my depend on clearing the ship of disembarking passengers :) Even though your assigned time is 12:30, if you are Platinum or FTTF, you get to check in anytime after 10:30.

If the OP arrives at 11AM and has a check -in time of 12:30, I imagine they will wait outside the terminal for about an hour and a half before they can enter the terminal.

I'm Diamond, so among the first to check in and board, and I generally arrive in Miami by 11AM and have a (sometime) short wait in the terminal after check in before boarding.

The days of boarding cruise ships early, like 10 or 10:30AM in major ports are over.  Carnival is doing its best to minimize the cattle calls and crowded terminals by staggering check in entry times and limiting cabin key access.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ziggy7 said:

Sometime between 10:30 and 11:00am. Boarding time my depend on clearing the ship of disembarking passengers :) Even though your assigned time is 12:30, if you are Platinum or FTTF, you get to check in anytime after 10:30.

Thank you.  I knew we didn't have to adhere to the check in time but had no idea of when the terminal opens.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, mdin said:

I'm in the same boat (or should I say ship :classic_laugh:). 12:30 check-in, but getting dropped off around 11. I don't mind waiting, I'll just try to find a spot to hang out and not be in anyone's way.

You’ll be in good company with the thousands of others with the same idea, making it nearly impossible for those who show up “on time” to fight their way through the crowds to get in the right line.

Hang out somewhere other than the terminal to truly not be in anyone’s way.

21 hours ago, StolidCruiser said:

You’ll be in good company with the thousands of others with the same idea, making it nearly impossible for those who show up “on time” to fight their way through the crowds to get in the right line.

Hang out somewhere other than the terminal to truly not be in anyone’s way.

No longer an issue, fortunately I was able get a drop off for around 12:30.