Enchantment of Seas Condition?

Considering a 7 night sailing on this ship from Galveston.  We have been on Liberty of the Seas multiple times and would like to try something different.  Just wondering if enchantment is showing her age?  What is her condition?  We are considering booking the 2 bedroom grand suite but nervous about the non refundable rate for any of RC suites.  Anyone know a way around this?

Been on Enchantment twice and won't go on this ship again. Just not enough for us to do. The food in the MDR was better than the meals we had on the Harmony, but our cabin and the shower were the smallest of any ship we have been on. Many people love the Enchantment, but just not us.

I like the Enchantment.  I have stayed twice in a Grand Suite.  Most recently in October. It really could use an update. The colors throughout the ship are pastel toned, the decor, the hardware (especially on the balcony doors) and the furniture are old. To me it was in better shape than Majesty.  I do agree that the entertainment is limited. Loved the 70's show and the headliner at the time. The pool area is nice and wide.  I agree with fla gang that the MDR food was well executed and the service was great.  Both of my cruises on Enchantment were 3 days. 7 days on that ship might be too long for me.

• 2 months later...

Just got off of Enchantment last Monday, and the ship is in need of a major drydock. Rust everywhere - both inside and out, and there were several areas on the pool deck where the rust had completely disintegrated the structure where the new section of the ship was added. As we were coming back from the WJ on our way off the ship, the crew had completely disassembled the staircase from deck 9 to deck 10 by the solarium and were jackhammering the rust off of the support risers. The sea is definitely winning the battle on this ship.:classic_sad:

15 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

For some reason Enchantment always seems to get the short end of the TLC stick. Sad, because it really is a beautiful ship. 

She was, but her age is definitely showing. She was always our favorite ship for short cruises, but based on what we saw last week, we're very happy she's being replaced by Mariner in PC.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She was, but her age is definitely showing. She was always our favorite ship for short cruises, but based on what we saw last week, we're very happy she's being replaced by Mariner in PC.

We really didn't enjoy our last trip in November.  Looking forward to Mariner as well 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We really didn't enjoy our last trip in November.  Looking forward to Mariner as well 

Looking forward to our b2b on Mariner in October - it should be a refreshing change from Enchantment.

• Like 1

When I was on in September I was surprised to see so many railings with the varnish baked off by the sun.  All ships have to deal with this issue, even Symphony.  Most ships do deal with it.  It seemed like on Enchantment they just gave up dealing with it.   Same with rust spots.  All ships have to touch up paint, the sea is tough on a ship.   On Enchantment they didn't bother.

When the floor drain in my JS bathroom backed up and dumped sewage all over the floor and into the cabin, the crew was like "yeah? so what?".  

First thing that popped into my head is that they must be getting close to getting rid of it.  

Vision in January was in much better shape.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

When I was on in September I was surprised to see so many railings with the varnish baked off by the sun.  All ships have to deal with this issue, even Symphony.  Most ships do deal with it.  It seemed like on Enchantment they just gave up dealing with it.   Same with rust spots.  All ships have to touch up paint, the sea is tough on a ship.   On Enchantment they didn't bother.

When the floor drain in my JS bathroom backed up and dumped sewage all over the floor and into the cabin, the crew was like "yeah? so what?".  

First thing that popped into my head is that they must be getting close to getting rid of it.  

Vision in January was in much better shape.

Yeah I really do expect to see an announcement about this ship leaving - but it's unfortunately they're not taking care of her - the pics look rough!

Had a friend at work who went on her a few months ago. I asked about her first Royal Cruise when she got back and the first thing she mentioned was the rust. Enchantment is only 2 years older than Rhapsody. Never seen the neglect on Rhapsody in regards to rust though. The photo reminds me of the old Regency Cruise Line ships I saw in the 90’s. 

Edited by coaster

7 minutes ago, beccafries said:

Oh no... I sail on her in July from galveston.... what is the Mariner you guys are mentioning??

Mariner is a much larger Voyager class ship. Recently upgraded. She is in Miami now, and moving to Pt Canaveral when Enchantment leaves