“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

53 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

True, but the higher ones were more than I want to spend. High is high to me...I don't need to go to the top.  😂

Agree about the height. You really cannot tell the difference in the view from the 90th vs the 100th floor.

As spectacular as Dubai is at the ground level (imaginative architecture) it is that boring from the air - nothing but sands as far as the eye can see (more or less). It's not like the view from the Empire State in that sense.

That said, as it is the tallest building in the world (for now), I would not miss the opportunity to go up.

Edited by Paulchili

On 1/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, aikilee said:

Here is a picture of the PH suite from the doorway. Now back to lunch, lecture, massage, happy hour, dinner, then happy hour again, sleep...and do it all again!

20190113_093129_HDR.jpg

If you can, could you please post a picture of the Penthouse bathroom. Is there a separate shower or is it part of the bathtub?....thank you

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

True, but the higher ones were more than I want to spend. High is high to me...I don't need to go to the top.  😂

I understand. I haven't made any decisions yet. Also, wasn't implying that anyone should go to the top- just trying to give people info for their decisions.

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Agree about the height. You really cannot tell the difference in the view from the 90th vs the 100th floor.

As spectacular as Dubai is at the ground level (imaginative architecture) it is that boring from the air - nothing but sands as far as the eye can see (more or less). It's not like the view from the Empire State in that sense.

That said, as it is the tallest building in the world (for now), I would not miss the opportunity to go up.

That's interesting about the boring view- not what I was expecting.

11 minutes ago, decafnights said:

That's interesting about the boring view- not what I was expecting.

Perhaps boring might have been the wrong choice of words - disappointing or surprising may be more appropriate. The lights at night help as you don’t see so much of the sand dunes. Again, the city explored on the ground level is very exciting, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Perhaps boring might have been the wrong choice of words - disappointing or surprising may be more appropriate. The lights at night help as you don’t see so much of the sand dunes. Again, the city explored on the ground level is very exciting, IMO.

Well, I still want to get up there. Just not sure how far up and what time of day it will happen. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, decafnights said:

Well, I still want to get up there. Just not sure how far up and what time of day it will happen. Thanks.

By all means you should go up there.

This is what I said in a post #651 above:

That said, as it is the tallest building in the world (for now), I would not miss the opportunity to go up.

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

The building is exquisite and it’s story is very interesting. We went in time to watch the sun set and the city lights come on. Looking down at the dancing fountains was thrilling.

1 hour ago, ilsun said:

Equator crossing ceremony, the tuna head did smell.

IMG_20190210_114119.jpg

ilsun,

I gave my camera to some lady to take a picture of my initiation, but she took the lady in front of me instead!  Was wondering if you might have taken one of me?  My kids and grandkids would love it.  I had a navy blue and flowered short skirt and rash guard shirt on with a black veil on my head.  If so, maybe you could email it to me?  If not, no biggie.  Thanks!  Lisa...cabin 8041....lkirkrn@yahoo.com.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Hello From Australia.

Ruth and I will be on board for the Dubai to Rome segment.

Any one interested in joining us for tours out of Haifa Israel

26/5       Jeruselem and Dead  Sea       full day    $125

27/5       Galilee Shore excursion                                99  

both tours  or either  Min 6 persons

www.guidedtours Israel.com         Come highly recommended on both Trip Advisor and Cruise critic.

If you go direct to the company book under AL Butler 0526  or  reply here or email me at  abu45855@bigpond.net.au

Cheers

AL and Ruth 

2 minutes ago, bob brown said:

The next big event will be occurring at 4:00 PM, at the “Barnacle Wall”, midship starboard, on Deck 5.

You have to see it.

Who says, “What happens on the Insignia, stays on the Insignia”?

😉

image.jpg

Oh dear...

14 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Thanks, Lee!

I’ll never hear the end of it!😉🤣

But it was great fun. Thanks again for “catching” it...🙂

It was totally my pleasure and I am sure you are going to get a ton of mileage from it! :classic_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Thanks, Lee!

I’ll never hear the end of it!😉🤣

But it was great fun. Thanks again for “catching” it...🙂

It was totally my pleasure and I am sure you are going to get a ton of mileage from it! :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

We'll definitely get tickets in advance, but they had different priced ones depending on how high you wanted to go and if you wanted a meal.

The Burj is connected to the Mall of Dubai. There are a lot of choices for eating and the mall is very interesting for people watching. The dancing fountains are right outside and you don’t want to miss them. 

If you have time, the old Souk is worth a visit. When you get to the Dubai Creek (I took the pubic rail but I believe the HOHO goes there) there are creekside cafes that serve the most delicious mint lemonade and other Arabic food. Then you pay about .25 cents to take a water taxi across the creek to the gold souk. Just wander around.

4E63A6BA-9079-4239-909C-0F288AF90974.jpeg

757D86C5-D309-4E87-98D0-99919947307A.jpeg

A312168C-921A-4510-8735-AECDD4DD6418.jpeg

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

ilsun,

I gave my camera to some lady to take a picture of my initiation, but she took the lady in front of me instead!  Was wondering if you might have taken one of me?  My kids and grandkids would love it.  I had a navy blue and flowered short skirt and rash guard shirt on with a black veil on my head.  If so, maybe you could email it to me?  If not, no biggie.  Thanks!  Lisa...cabin 8041....lkirkrn@yahoo.com.

Sorry, left after Erik kissed the fish 😞

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

There you go with that Navy Blue color again :classic_biggrin:

Don't you own anything Scarlet and Grey?

Plenty!!  And I brought about 5 Buckeye shirts, 1 jacket, 1 visor and even my big OSU insulated cup!  But for a mix-and-match wardrobe on this long cruise I had to use 3 main colors...black, white and navy...to use as base colors.  Then I put other colors with them...but NEVER blue and yellow!  👎  🏈

2 hours ago, Damicom said:

The Burj is connected to the Mall of Dubai. There are a lot of choices for eating and the mall is very interesting for people watching. The dancing fountains are right outside and you don’t want to miss them. 

If you have time, the old Souk is worth a visit. When you get to the Dubai Creek (I took the pubic rail but I believe the HOHO goes there) there are creekside cafes that serve the most delicious mint lemonade and other Arabic food. Then you pay about .25 cents to take a water taxi across the creek to the gold souk. Just wander around.

Thanks for the info! This will help me plan for the day. Wish we had overnights in Sydney, Australia and Dubai.