“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

9 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

If you can, could you please post a picture of the Penthouse bathroom. Is there a separate shower or is it part of the bathtub?....thank you

Just a large glassed-in shower..no bathtub.  The whole bathroom isn't very big but much roomier than lower categories...and much more storage space. 

I'll try to attach some pics of the bathroom and the storage in it.

20190209_110839.jpg

20190209_110904.jpg

20190209_110917.jpg

20190130_125915(0).jpg

20190130_125913.jpg

20190130_125905.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, bob brown said:

The next big event will be occurring at 4:00 PM, at the “Barnacle Wall”, midship starboard, on Deck 5.

You have to see it.

Who says, “What happens on the Insignia, stays on the Insignia”?

😉

image.jpg

I don’t know what this is supposed to mean but hanging women’s underwear on the walls is so inappropriate. This is supposed to be a sophisticated world exploration. Not a frat party. This is disturbing.

Just now, Damicom said:

I don’t know what this is supposed to mean but hanging women’s underwear on the walls is so inappropriate. This is supposed to be a sophisticated world exploration. Not a frat party. This is disturbing.

I agree it does look  a bit tacky for Oceania  cruisers :classic_ohmy:

• Like 2

Sorry if a few were offended by this, but it was just a light-hearted attempt to have fun, by those people who feel young at heart.

I would say the majority of those passing by were very delighted and amused by it, both passengers and crew, and it was only there for a few minutes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

Sorry if a few were offended by this, but it was just a light-hearted attempt to have fun, by those people who feel young at heart.

I would say the majority of those passing by were very delighted and amused by it, both passengers and crew, and it was only there for a few minutes

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

I would say passers by were more incredulous than amused. There’s nothing “young at heart” about hanging women’s underwear in the halls. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, bob brown said:

The next big event will be occurring at 4:00 PM, at the “Barnacle Wall”, midship starboard, on Deck 5.

You have to see it.

Who says, “What happens on the Insignia, stays on the Insignia”?

😉

image.jpg

Really???  Did I sign up for a Carnival cruise by mistake?

Edited by katz
Hit the wrong key.
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

Just a large glassed-in shower..no bathtub.  The whole bathroom isn't very big but much roomier than lower categories...and much more storage space. 

I'll try to attach some pics of the bathroom and the storage in it.

Thank you for posting these pictures...have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, palakika said:

The on-board dancers looked like fun.

That was the best folkloric show I've ever seen...so full of energy and I love seeing their culture being preserved.  I video taped most of the show so my kids and grandkids can watch it and see authentic Polynesian culture.

• Like 1

The captain made an announcement a bit after sailaway time of 6pm, that the #4 engine wasn't working and we were going to be delayed.  No more announcements since then and we're still anchored in the bay at Nuku Hiva at 8:30pm local time. 

This is like deja vu for Connie and I...back in 2015 our ship (Caribbean Princess) was just 20 mi. from Hilo at 5:30am when we were awakened with the captain announcing that there was a fire in the port engine room and all available crew were to go help.  All the ship's electricity was out and we were bobbing around in the ocean.  The tugs weren't big enough to get us into Hilo's harbor so we puttered up to Honolulu...took 24 hrs.  They tried to fix them for 2 days but no luck.  The Coast Guard did approve us for sailing back to the mainland (very slowly) but we missed all the other islands.  Still had a great cruise, perfect weather and were compensated VERY well.  Hope we don't miss our Polynesian ports, especially Rangiroa....but I trust the captain to use his best judgement. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!

4 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

So that's who poured ice and ice water down the inside back of my rash guard shirt!!  I still had ice falling out of it 20 min. later after returning to my cabin.  😂

They did the same to Marcia, who thought she would 'outsmart' them, by wearing a wet-suit to the initiation.   They poured ice cubes down between her wet-suit, and her bathing suit.  She took it all rather well, laughing hysterically....:classic_biggrin: