Why frozen drinks are not part of the happy hours?

Hi

I was wondering why frozen drinks are not part of the happy hours for diamonds and above most of the bars have a blender and I believe its more expensive if you ask for an alcoholic drink rather than a virgin drink. There are a few things  and rules from royal that males sense but this time I still looking for answer,

Thank you 

• Like 1

My guess is probably because they usually take longer to make and require more cleanup.  It would slow down the orders and cause frustration among cruisers looking for service.

Just my 2 cents

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Blender drinks are noisy to make, labor  intensive and time consuming 

Disallowing them provides better ambiance and service for all guests. 

My opinion, not necessarily their reason. 

Good point about the noise as well.  I had not thought of that and it would definately make a nice and quiet lounge less so.

dp

17 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Good point about the noise as well.  I had not thought of that and it would definately make a nice and quiet lounge less so.

dp

but how about when you ask them outside the lounge

2 hours ago, dpostman said:

My guess is probably because they usually take longer to make and require more cleanup.  It would slow down the orders and cause frustration among cruisers looking for service.

Just my 2 cents

dp

Yes, and what Matt said.  Have to have electronic equipment, you have to take it apart to clean, you have to spend a lot of time.

The DL and SL and CL experience is with a lot of people and a minimum of staff (servers) serving drinks really quickly.  So Fufu drinks are not included.

jc

12 hours ago, candyman511 said:

I am a Diamond member and I purchase the Royal Replenish package. I was wondering if I can get a virgin frozen drink with my package and just get a shot of rum during happy hour and just add it myself?

No problem at all...  It will be different than if it was mixed in with the ice but maybe if you got to know the bartender?????? 

14 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

I was wondering why frozen drinks are not part of the happy hours for diamonds and above most of the bars have a blender and I believe its more expensive if you ask for an alcoholic drink rather than a virgin drink. There are a few things  and rules from royal that males sense but this time I still looking for answer,

Thank you 

1. Speed of service

2. Equipment available

3. Cost.  (soda is maybe about $0.10 or less to use, and I'm sure the mixes for the fancy drinks exceed $0.25 per drink.)

4. Labor cost

5. The need for a straw

22 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

It was on the Anthem last month.  Will miss that if they change it.

If you decide to use your influence with  Royal to keep Bailey's can you persuade them to throw the New Amsterdam overboard.