Liberty of the Seas - Tidal Wave

Royal started with adding water slides to Liberty of the Seas where it included the Tidal Wave.  But since then, they haven't added that particular slide to any other ship.  They've stuck with Perform Storm and toilet bowl one (not sure name) and then the new style on Navigator.  Just wondering why?  Is Tidal Wave not a hit?

21 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Just wondering why?  Is Tidal Wave not a hit?

I seem to remember some delays in opening that venue due to the design and it also has fairly tight weight restrictions. RCI probably wants to stick with simpler slides that work in wider set of use cases. 

Thanks for the replies.  It seems like a lot of fun, but I do remember a delay when it opened up.  Funny enough, after posting I was watching a video on CoCo Cay changes and it looks like they have something similar.

18 minutes ago, popcicle said:

yea, it was a mess, we were on Liberty shortly after it was installed and the slide was down before, during and after our cruise, as I remember the darned thing was flipping riders at the top of the wave.

Oh my gosh..that's really scary.  It's running now so guess they fixed it but can see why they wouldn't add it to more ships then.

Tidal Wave is easily the most fun, enjoyable water slide on Liberty. And the most popular for thrill seekers. When done correctly, you'll feel like you are about to fly off the ship. I hope they do add it to other ships.

But, as Biker and others have noted, there were some design complexities that required extra time, effort and no doubt extra money, in order to get it to perform correctly and safely. Royal will probably will stick with the simpler, cheaper slides.

Other things to note: The Tidal Wave will shut down on windy days while the other slides are still operational. They are pretty strict about the weight restriction and no solo riders. You'll need to find a partner, which was never a problem for me when DD got tired of riding with me.