Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, ecslady said:

The ship is looking good from the new pics! Glad the aft balconies look to be intact.

I agree--- also photos of the side of the ship pretty much dispels the fear that IV's would be installed.  

Looks like they were putting down new decking on the Aft balconies (notice the blue underlayment).  

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree--- also photos of the side of the ship pretty much dispels the fear that IV's would be installed.  

Looks like they were putting down new decking on the Aft balconies (notice the blue underlayment).  

I did notice the blue underlayment.  And, yes IV's cannot happen due to the exo-skeleton of the M & S class ships, as opposed to the endo-skeleton of the EDGE class ships. 

But, did you notice in the deck plans, how they renamed the Sunset Bar to be the Oceanview Bar.

Edited by ecslady

7 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I did notice the blue underlayment.  And, yes IV's cannot happen due to the exo-skeleton of the M & S class ships, as opposed to the endo-skeleton of the EDGE class ships. 

But, did you notice in the deck plans, how they renamed the Sunset Bar to be the Oceanview Bar.

I saw that.   It also looks like the stairs (which were very steep) have been replaced and slightly move.   

24 minutes ago, lilghallinsf said:

This deck plan looks like they are even changing the exterior of this portion of the deck.   Looks great.

I noticed that -   also did you notice that they have installed what looks like counter seating against windows in the forward section right under the 11 and 12.    I guess with the added cabins they have to increase the amount of seating.   I heard that on Edge the single bar like seating has helped reduce crowding in the buffet. 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

[D]id you notice that they have installed what looks like counter seating against windows in the forward section right under the 11 and 12.    I guess with the added cabins they have to increase the amount of seating.   I heard that on Edge the single bar like seating has helped reduce crowding in the buffet. 

We loved the bar-like seating on Edge.  There are two rows, the ones right at the windows are at chair height, and the ones behind have bar stools so you can see over the heads of the first row.  Very efficient, and easy to get a seat without needing to share a table for 4 with another couple.

12 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We loved the bar-like seating on Edge.  There are two rows, the ones right at the windows are at chair height, and the ones behind have bar stools so you can see over the heads of the first row.  Very efficient, and easy to get a seat without needing to share a table for 4 with another couple.

I like that idea and can see using it.   The crowds have been so bad on some M-Class and S-Class cruises that we ended up brining our food back to our Suite.   One of the main reasons we eat at Luminea for lunch on sea days. 

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I saw that.   It also looks like the stairs (which were very steep) have been replaced and slightly move.   

I noticed that -   also did you notice that they have installed what looks like counter seating against windows in the forward section right under the 11 and 12.    I guess with the added cabins they have to increase the amount of seating.   I heard that on Edge the single bar like seating has helped reduce crowding in the buffet. 

Noticed the stairs as well. 

And the bar seating in Oveanview is a good choice.  They are many times when I go in there by myself.  And I actually sat at one of these on the EDGE and it was great.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@lilghallinsf  You got met looking closer.   Take a look at Deck 11

Old Deck 11 AFT over Ocean View

675286208_Deck11old.jpg.50f2fb635465eeca67bbe4b3af1f01e4.jpg

New Deck 11 -   A number of cabins have larger "Hump" balconies.  2034558874_Deck11New.jpg.87a1e0c1347cfcde87cfb437e690deac.jpg

Actually, they just fixed the deck plans.  The cabins showing slightly bigger balconies have always had them.  I've read about this on CC and researched it as well before booking one of those cabins on a 2020 cruise. There are several threads on this. 

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

Noticed the stairs as well. 

And the bar seating in Oveanview is a good choice.  They are many times when I go in there by myself.  And I actually sat at one of these on the EDGE and it was great.  

I'm looking forward to Edge.   We are booked for a B2B Med / TA in November.

I guess I will have to "suffer" on a B2B Infinity EB TA before I get the opportunity to enjoy all Edge has to offer.   LOL -- any cruise is better than no-cruise.   I'm considering booking something on Millie during the summer since she will be on the West Coast.  

6 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Actually, they just fixed the deck plans.  The cabins showing slightly bigger balconies have always had them.  I've read about this on CC and researched it as well before booking one of those cabins on a 2020 cruise. There are several threads on this. 

That I have never known.   I just took those screen shots from Celebrity site --- so----- they are consistent as always.   

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess I will have to "suffer" on a B2B Infinity EB TA before I get the opportunity to enjoy all Edge has to offer.   LOL -- any cruise is better than no-cruise.   I'm considering booking something on Millie during the summer since she will be on the West Coast.  

I am looking forward to another one of your  "LIVE" threads in November!

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim I feel so bad for you that you will have to suffer so much on a B2B, its a real shame. I hope you will do another live blog so we can all suffer with you:):):)

Norma

PS I leave for the TP on the Millie in 59 days. Guess I will have to suffer on revolutionized ship, in an aft cabin.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That I have never known.   I just took those screen shots from Celebrity site --- so----- they are consistent as always.   

If you look at the deck plans the bump outs on the Aqua cabins are above  the bump out areas on the Oceanview on the deck below.

13 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim I feel so bad for you that you will have to suffer so much on a B2B, its a real shame. I hope you will do another live blog so we can all suffer with you:):):)

Norma

PS I leave for the TP on the Millie in 59 days. Guess I will have to suffer on revolutionized ship, in an aft cabin.

I will indeed live blog.   I really enjoy blogging and it gives our siblings and kids a chance to follow along.   

Make sure you do lots of posting on your TP ---- I'm really anxious to see her after all the plastic surgery and her new gowns.   I have a real attachment to her as she was the first ship we sailed for 5 years back in 2000-2005.   

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are on the West Coast too and I one of my dreams is to sail out under the GG Bridge.

11 minutes ago, ecslady said:

If you look at the deck plans the bump outs on the Aqua cabins are above  the bump out areas on the Oceanview on the deck below.

I'm confused… which is easy to do.     Did they widen parts of the Oceanview as pictured or was it always like that and the original deckplans not correct?     I would think if they widened certain areas of the ocean view they would follow it through on the AC cabins above it.   

7 minutes ago, lilghallinsf said:

We are on the West Coast too and I one of my dreams is to sail out under the GG Bridge.

I noticed that.   We live in Sunnyvale to the south of your.   We use to have a place up on Russian Hill but sold it last year after Iain retired.  

In 2004 we did a SF to Vancouver and in 2006 too a 12 night SF to Alaska returning to SF.   It was spectacular going out under the GG Bridge.    It is so nice not to have to fly cross country for a cruise. 

The 2006 was remarkable as it was one of those days with 100 miles visibility and Alcatraz was so clear if felt like you reach out and touch it.   The negative side was once we got under the GG the captain came on and advised that all decks would have to be cleared in the next hour as we were expected to hit 25-30 Foot seas.   The first couple days were rough but then rewarded with glass smooth seas. 

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm confused… which is easy to do.     Did they widen parts of the Oceanview as pictured or was it always like that and the original deckplans not correct?     I would think if they widened certain areas of the ocean view they would follow it through on the AC cabins above it.   

Oceanview has been that way.  Look at cruise deck plans dot com and you will see the bump outs on the Oceanview. 

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I noticed that.   We live in Sunnyvale to the south of your.   We use to have a place up on Russian Hill but sold it last year after Iain retired.  

In 2004 we did a SF to Vancouver and in 2006 too a 12 night SF to Alaska returning to SF.   It was spectacular going out under the GG Bridge.    It is so nice not to have to fly cross country for a cruise. 

The 2006 was remarkable as it was one of those days with 100 miles visibility and Alcatraz was so clear if felt like you reach out and touch it.   The negative side was once we got under the GG the captain came on and advised that all decks would have to be cleared in the next hour as we were expected to hit 25-30 Foot seas.   The first couple days were rough but then rewarded with glass smooth seas. 

That sounds wonderful.  Both retiring and sailing under the bridge.  🙂

I'm not as knowledgeable as some on the minutiae of M-class designs, but I think that all those notches in Oceanview were real.  You can think of it as if the notches were the basic exterior and all the bump-outs were additional real estate [if you think of the pool deck as a long bump-out].  The 'Revolution' seems to be smoothing the lines of Oceanview to add even more real estate.  In one way this diminishes the sunlight [all those angled windows], but it does provide more flexibility in layout.  [People booking cabins under that area on Deck 9 may notice even less light on their balconies, if they were below the former notches...]

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

Everyone, including us, always called it Sunset Bar (as on S class). However, Oceanview Bar is not a new name. I have some old maps (the ones they hand out during embarkation) where it said Oceanview Bar already.

When we made plans once with people who had not cruised with Celebrity before and who we had met on board, we said „Let’s meet at the Sunset Bar at 5pm“. They were late and said they had to ask because they couldn’t find the Sunset Bar on the map 😂

I did not believe them until I checked myself.

Does anyone know if they’re adding coverings over the balconies of S1 6145/6146, the Sky Suites next to the Penthouses? Infinity, Summit and Connie were all constructed with awnings over these suites, but not Millie.