Lose your mind in 3... 2... theres a shortage of escargot

Yanicka24

On January 13, 2019 at 7:41 AM, Harleytexascruiser said:

Thank God you own a restaurant , because I was thinking you knew waaayy to much about snails!!!  I personally have never tried them and don’t see myself ever getting past the negative image I have of eating them. I’m pretty much a Guys Burger type on the cruise but if I had enough of those free alcohol drinks (700.00 dollar cheers package) I might try one. I live in South Texas and was forced to try Menudo one time, so I might man up and try one. 

Escargot is better than menudo. And on a cruise, you don't have to pay for them so I always figure that's the best time to try something new.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

And on a cruise, you don't have to pay for them so I always figure that's the best time to try something new.

Exactly, I have had several food firsts on cruises, several things I probably never would have tried otherwise. I still remember getting real daring on my second cruise and ordering a starter called "A Study in Sushi" that had salmon tartar, seared tuna, seaweed and shrimp. Most everything on the plate was something I had never tried before and I will never forget staring at that plate for while before one of my cruisemates nudged me and said "It's fine, try it", so I did and now almost 15 years later I love Japanese food, especially raw fish :classic_biggrin:  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Escargot is better than menudo. And on a cruise, you don't have to pay for them so I always figure that's the best time to try something new.

I agree that’s a good time to try something new. I usually try something new on each cruise or my GF will put something onto my plate when she thinks I’m not looking. 

On 1/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, Harleytexascruiser said:

Thank God you own a restaurant , because I was thinking you knew waaayy to much about snails!!!  I personally have never tried them and don’t see myself ever getting past the negative image I have of eating them. I’m pretty much a Guys Burger type on the cruise but if I had enough of those free alcohol drinks (700.00 dollar cheers package) I might try one. I live in South Texas and was forced to try Menudo one time, so I might man up and try one. 

Escargo is way better than Menudo. I'm sorry you had to eat that.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:32 AM, Yanicka24 said:

John Heald posted this morning there is a shortage of escargot and it make effect availability in the MDR on sailings. 

Will this be the new thing to break the internet?? 

Oh no! There go my plans to make the grandkids try them in three weeks.