Has anyone stayed in Edge SV #11272?

caroak

We're in an IV in May and no option to change cabin but thinking an SV would be good for Caribbean in Dec.  Fares still high but would like to take advantage of the 4 free perks.   Any SV comments would be great.  Thanks.

Carole

2 hours ago, caroak said:

We're in an IV in May and no option to change cabin but thinking an SV would be good for Caribbean in Dec.  Fares still high but would like to take advantage of the 4 free perks.   Any SV comments would be great.  Thanks.

Carole

There is only one reviewed on the cabin info sticky so far - it was 10269 and they loved it - I toured that cabin and it was awesome - the balcony is large and the cabin seemed a little longer to me (but I didn't measure it). 🙂

I would snag it. It would be my second choice of all the SVs (1st would be 11275 in the center, with 11272 a close second). 11272 has bed by bath and a firewall on one side. It is as high as you can get without being under the potential chair scraping on 12. I was in 11268 and loved that location. It is a walk to the elevators but you get that wonderful aft view!  🙂

image.png.d44add4ccb0f4dabde82eb763cdabed0.png

Edited by vtcruising

VT, was hoping you would chime in and happy to have your seal of approval.  We've never sailed in an aft cabin since concerns about vibrations that we've experienced on smaller ships in public area and always booked mid-ship for less movement.  Since Edge is a larger and new ship I would not anticipate any serious vibrations and haven't read that this has been an issue.  It's hard to resist the nice size real balcony and those aft views.  I'm going to snag 11272 for Caribbean in December.  I can decide in May when we're in an IV if it's one and done but, hopefully, not.

Carole

1 minute ago, caroak said:

VT, was hoping you would chime in and happy to have your seal of approval.  We've never sailed in an aft cabin since concerns about vibrations that we've experienced on smaller ships in public area and always booked mid-ship for less movement.  Since Edge is a larger and new ship I would not anticipate any serious vibrations and haven't read that this has been an issue.  It's hard to resist the nice size real balcony and those aft views.  I'm going to snag 11272 for Caribbean in December.  I can decide in May when we're in an IV if it's one and done but, hopefully, not.

Carole

Lucky you, Carole! I am booking a couple of cruises when I am onboard next week and will be going for an SV, if we stick with Edge Class. My favorite SVs are all gone on the cruises I am looking at, but I'm sure they are all good. I have only heard good things about those cabins so far.

We didn't have any vibrations up there, but a couple of people mentioned transient vibrations on 11 (one in the S1 I was in and the other around the corner starboard, but sounded like it didn't last too long). We've done a lot of sailing in the aft and have felt some temporary vibrations on different ships, especially when at full speed. We both felt that the Edge was a smooth-sailing vessel - a couple of times I didn't even realize we were underway.

I hope you enjoy your May cruise. It's a different experience than the S and M Class for sure (as it should be) and not everyone will be sold on her.  We will have a great time next week, no matter what, and will see if she is a good match for us in the future. 🙂

I did read those posts about the transient vibrations but they were not very concerning.  I'm sure if there are future aft vibrations issues someone will post.   Our May cruise will be our first on Celebrity so we can't compare to S or M class and just keeping an open mind with the Edge.  We booked that cruise for the itinerary that has some of our favorite ports and a few new ones.  Have a great time on your return to the Edge.  Look forward to your posts and pics.

Carole

• Like 1

We are sailing in SV 10280 on Jan.27th. Happy to post photos of the room and balcony. We always book an aft cabin if available.After reading all the negative reviews concerning the issues withe the IV cabins, pretty sure aft cabins will be had to come by on the Edge or Apex in the future.

Hi!  I am booked for 11272 for the Edge in December with my husband and two kids.  We’ve only sailed the big RCCL mega ships as a family so my hubby and I are looking forward to trying something different.   The infinite verandahs didn’t interest us at all- we were lucky to snag a SV!!

I’m hoping that as the Edge sails throughout the year they add more activities to the daily planner.  As of now it really looks like there’s not much to do other than hang by the pool.  We’ll see!

1 hour ago, sun bum said:

We are sailing in SV 10280 on Jan.27th. Happy to post photos of the room and balcony. We always book an aft cabin if available.After reading all the negative reviews concerning the issues withe the IV cabins, pretty sure aft cabins will be had to come by on the Edge or Apex in the future.

See you on board...Counting down!

17 minutes ago, rachelmle1 said:

Hi!  I am booked for 11272 for the Edge in December with my husband and two kids.  We’ve only sailed the big RCCL mega ships as a family so my hubby and I are looking forward to trying something different.   The infinite verandahs didn’t interest us at all- we were lucky to snag a SV!!

I’m hoping that as the Edge sails throughout the year they add more activities to the daily planner.  As of now it really looks like there’s not much to do other than hang by the pool.  We’ll see!

Great cabin choice!

Looks like everyone will be competing for these SVs,  if they  don't book  suites,   or as a next door  add on to a Suite back there.  Glad we have one for our Nov cruise.....our first Sunset Balcony.

The kids area on EDGE  looks totally amazing on the website...Hope the  actual space and programming matches the descriptions   Sounds much better than what is offered for adults! 

You did not mention ages but maybe they'd like laser tag and drone races,,,if open to kids.  Might also  enjoy " Le Petit Chef"   for dinner( extra charge) ..pre booking  res are suggested,

1 hour ago, sun bum said:

We are sailing in SV 10280 on Jan.27th. Happy to post photos of the room and balcony. 

That would be wonderful! We have 10280 booked for a future cruise, so it would be great to read your assessment of the cabin & balcony. 

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

Great cabin choice!

Looks like everyone will be competing for these SVs,  if they  don't book  suites,   or as a next door  add on to a Suite back there.  Glad we have one for our Nov cruise.....our first Sunset Balcony.

The kids area on EDGE  looks totally amazing on the website...Hope the  actual space and programming matches the descriptions   Sounds much better than what is offered for adults! 

You did not mention ages but maybe they'd like laser tag and drone races,,,if open to kids.  Might also  enjoy " Le Petit Chef"   for dinner( extra charge) ..pre booking  res are suggested,

Hi! My husband and I are both 40 and our kids will be 7 and 9.  They would LOVE drone racing (as would my husband) and lazer maze.  I’m hoping for more stuff too.  Trivia? Name that tune???

31 minutes ago, Platinum Lisa said:

Just disembarked Edge this morning. We had 11274, SV. Not much vibration noticed. We loved the cabin. 

Thanks! If you have a minute and would like to do a review for the Edge cabin sticky, here is the link. Just copy and paste the format into a post and add your comments, pictures, videos. No pressure, just want to make sure you are aware. 🙂