No AC on Anthem of the Seas

I often feel people on this board expect compensation for unreasonable things. I feel the opposite on this thread.  20% doesn’t cut it for me. An 85 degree cabin is unusable.  Heat is a migraine tigger for me so I would be miserable. 

I hope RCCL does the right thing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lmm79 said:

I often feel people on this board expect compensation for unreasonable things. I feel the opposite on this thread.  20% doesn’t cut it for me. An 85 degree cabin is unusable.  Heat is a migraine tigger for me so I would be miserable. 

That’s my thought, too, and most of the stuff people ask for compensation for here I usually don’t agree with, no a/c for days? Definitely more than 20%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lmm79 said:

Isn't it a 12 night sailing?  Three days of issues on a 12 night would be 25% of the sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spqr105 said:

That's a shame. It's tough to see the kids not enjoying themselves. Hopefully tonight is the last hot night. 

We were told that there was going to be a meeting at noon concerning reimbursement. We went down there and were told that the meeting was cancelled. 

We did the same...not very happy this cruise

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lmm79 said:

We are hoping too....we are regular cruisers with royal. And bring new clients to them every year.  It would be a shame to switch companies.

2 hours ago, ktrwe1 said:

I am also on the cruise.  Not much 2 add except my room numbers which are 11181 and 11 183. Both interior rooms forward. My evening temperature is 83 degrees and has been that way for the past three nights.  Those of you who are thinking of bringing fans probably have the right idea. There are also some USB fans that you could probably bring

Best of luck my fellow Cruisers who are stuck in the middle of this hot mess.

11 205   hi neighbor!   

6 minutes ago, alexkrn46 said:

25% is too low, in my town they have cooling stations for people without ac. I would think the ship should have done the same. I feel for the family with the sick baby.

Ya, he has a nasty fever but he's dealing best he can. 

My advice for those with balconies is to open the door to the outside ans crack the stateroom door with a pillow. The cross breeze dropped the temp in the room significantly. 

26 minutes ago, Spqr105 said:

Ya, he has a nasty fever but he's dealing best he can. 

My advice for those with balconies is to open the door to the outside ans crack the stateroom door with a pillow. The cross breeze dropped the temp in the room significantly. 

Still not fixed then?  Any updated timeline?

• Like 1

Just an update.!  Night 3 no a.c. at 10:46pm ship time.

Room with the door open is still 84°.

With door closed was 86° with no one in here.  I expect to be back up to 89° if we sleep here again.  Going down to the diamond lounge and may sleep there.

20190115_214417.jpg

I'm also on this sailing, and a first timer on any sort of cruise...

Between the AC being down the past few days and the near constantly broken ice & water dispensers this week, as a new RC customer, I can't yet say if our group of 4 cabins will return.  

As we complain about the lack of cool upstairs in our rooms, I think it's also important to remember that the crew quarters are also reportedly without AC, a much bigger problem down in the bottom of the boat, where there aren't windows to open... 

Please be extra kind to the staff aboard the ship this week.  I'm sure they're all working as best as they can, and any decisions about refunds or other compensation are coming from much higher than the faces we see around the boat.  

-j

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvolkman said:

I'm also on this sailing, and a first timer on any sort of cruise...

Between the AC being down the past few days and the near constantly broken ice & water dispensers this week, as a new RC customer, I can't yet say if our group of 4 cabins will return.  

As we complain about the lack of cool upstairs in our rooms, I think it's also important to remember that the crew quarters are also reportedly without AC, a much bigger problem down in the bottom of the boat, where there aren't windows to open... 

Please be extra kind to the staff aboard the ship this week.  I'm sure they're all working as best as they can, and any decisions about refunds or other compensation are coming from much higher than the faces we see around the boat.  

-j

Yes....we have many friends who work on the ship. There are a few of them as well that have no a.c.  

For the more experienced cruisers out there.....should i continue to go to guest services and complain about the lack of ac or at this point is unnecessary? I am not trying to be a pain and i know there is nothing they can do about the ac, but if, when, there is compensation offered i want there to be a record of my rooms and if by some small chance they do fix the ac, i want to ensure my rooms are included i the fix.  

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Felipevergarac said:

Last night, around midnight, the cool air start to get into my room and now its working fine now, havent going out of my room yet to check the public areas, but my room is ok now.

Glad to hear that.  On deck 11 we are still at a cozy 82

• Like 1