No AC on Anthem of the Seas

On 1/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Felipevergarac said:

I’m on a balcony cabin, but my sister has 2 inside cabins, and last night they had 81 degress, impossible to get a good sleep.

Were also an inside cabin with virtual balcony...make sure the virtual balcony tv is turned off..!!! We dropped from 86 to 83 just turning that off.!   Hall door open all night we are now down to 79.

I even opened up the fridge for a while to get more cool air.

20190116_070201.jpg

20190116_070723.jpg

20190114_064658.jpg

1 minute ago, Diamonddanny said:

Were also an inside cabin with virtual balcony...make sure the virtual balcony tv is turned off..!!! We dropped from 86 to 83 just turning that off.!   Hall door open all night we are now down to 79.

I even opened up the fridge for a while to get more cool air.

I would recommend closing the fridge.  That cool air is generated by a compressor.  The compressor generates heat.  The overall affect is net gain in heat.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I hope we get compensation details today. It's been such a miserable few days. We shouldn't need to sleep with our doors wide open all night long. 

My son was woken up several times last night from kids running in the hall because we had to keep the door open. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spqr105 said:

I hope we get compensation details today. It's been such a miserable few days. We shouldn't need to sleep with our doors wide open all night long. 

My son was woken up several times last night from kids running in the hall because we had to keep the door open. 

I know exactly what your sayin....

There is no good place to get a good nights sleep with your family...if it was just me and my wife we could sleep outside or in the diamond lounge. 

But there's drunks and parties and music blasting everywhere.

We cruise again in 30 days on symphony and are now talking about cancelling. Depending on how this is handled.

• Thanks 1

This doesn't help those in inside cabins, but the beds are not hard to move out on to the balcony on Anthem. Very much against the rules, I know. I spent a week out there, the only down side is you will wake with the dawn. And you need to move it back inside each morning so your room steward doesn't know. Great sleeping to the sea breeze and water sounds, with a sky full of stars overhead. Yes, it's humid, but there's always a breeze as long as the ship is moving.

• Like 2

We too are on this sailing. Fortunately for us on deck 10 forward starboard and our traveling companions on deck 6 forward port, we have had AC. We both have balconies. I am sorry to hear about so many passengers and crew without AC. It can ruin an otherwise awesome cruise. 

This is our 1st time on the Anthem and love it.

Our room is finally at a reasonable temperature after nearly 4 days of heat and fortunately our son's temperature is beginning to subside. 

Now let's see what RC offers us for the inconvenience. I know Norwegian typically provides incentives in the form of discounted future trips rather than reimbursements. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

This really sucks. If it was me I would be looking for 50% refund - yes it was only 4 days of a 12 day cruise but what a miserable 4 days it was. 

Ya, it really did put a damper on the vacation. Hopefully we find something out today. 

• Like 1

Also praying for a passenger needing a medical evacuation. Anthem in now heading to Bermuda due to arrive by 930pm to evacuate the passenger.  Glad they will get the medical attention they need. 

FYI for those boarding next, this Friday,  we are expected 2 hours later due to change in course. 

• Thanks 1

We were at guest services for something unrelated to this and happened to ask if there was any word on compensation and they said they're still waiting to hear back. 

We told them our room temperature had climbed back up as well. 

WOW! I feel for all of you on board. I would be miserable. The very first thing I do in any hotel room or stateroom is turn the temp down to between 60 and 65. (It never seems to actually get that cold.) I can't sleep at all when it's too hot. I really hope RCCL steps up and makes you whole.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, payitforward said:

WOW! I feel for all of you on board. I would be miserable. The very first thing I do in any hotel room or stateroom is turn the temp down to between 60 and 65. (It never seems to actually get that cold.) I can't sleep at all when it's too hot. I really hope RCCL steps up and makes you whole.

How you make whole ruined vacation?

• Like 1

We live in a hot and humid area of the U.S.    We sleep with our thermostat at 78 so we can probably tolerate 82 but not 86.   On the new Celebrity Edge, the air conditioning turns off if the balcony door is open.   Those folks with balcony door open are really adding to the humidity on the ship and that certainly adds to your discomfort.   

14 minutes ago, Diamonddanny said:

$200. Rebate for 5 days of no sleep.

Our room is still hot. Not as hot as it was but with the door open to the hall it's still 75° from 86 and 89°

Slap in the face from a person who spends tens of thousands a year with royal !!!

Oh wow! That's not good.

• Like 1