Rude Customer Service

I have recently been trying to square away the final details about my upcoming cruise. I have spoken to customer service multiple times, including several supervisors. They have all been incredibly rude. That and the amount of miscommunication between their employees is unacceptable. Does anyone know how I could get in touch with someone who is in a position of authority?? Thank you in advance. 

5 hours ago, CruisingRoyal2001 said:

I have recently been trying to square away the final details about my upcoming cruise. I have spoken to customer service multiple times, including several supervisors. They have all been incredibly rude. That and the amount of miscommunication between their employees is unacceptable. Does anyone know how I could get in touch with someone who is in a position of authority?? Thank you in advance. 

Get used to it or find another cruise line....:classic_rolleyes:

6 hours ago, CruisingRoyal2001 said:

Go right to the top:  mbayley@rccl.com.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruisingRoyal2001 said:

Can I ask....what have you been contacting them about?  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

This.

As was posted on another thread, "Some people cannot tell the difference between bad customer service and just not getting what they want."

• Like 9

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

I have been trying to get “The Key” for my upcoming cruise on Symphony. The first time I called a representative informed me that it wouldn’t go on sale until January 12th. So I called back on the 12th only to be informed that they had sold it a week before and they were now sold out. He offered to transfer me to a supervisor who then became very agitated and disrespectful when I tried explaining what had happened. I was not demanding they fix anything I just wanted to know where they went wrong. 

On the face of it, that sounds annoying  However, in their defence, did you also get agitated and disrespectful?

If not, or regardless, be prepared for many on here to blame you anyhoo (and not without lashings of sarcasm (already prevalent)), as in their eyes Royal Caribbean can and do no wrong, ever. :classic_blink:

Edited by BillieJeanKaraokeKing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

On the face of it, that sounds annoying  However, in their defence, did you also get agitated and disrespectful?

If not, or regardless, be prepared for many on here to blame you anyhoo (and not without lashings of sarcasm (already prevalent)), as in their eyes Royal Caribbean can and do no wrong, ever. :classic_blink:

I was not rude or agitated because I know that it wasn’t the representatives fault. Royal Caribbean is by far my favorite cruise line which is why I’m so disappointed. 

Not really related to your customer service experience, but have you tried to book the key yourself through the cruise planner? I saw it offered under "Internet & More" in the cruise planner. Hope this was helpful.

• Like 1

I once tried to use two Visa gift cards for one transaction (booking an excursion) and was told by the agent that they could not split the payment but I could purchase on board credit and use that to buy the excursion.  I did this and then tried to buy the excursion but the on board credit was only available on the ship.  I was under the impression that it would apply to my account immediately (my bad, lol).  When I called back and asked why it was not on my account the agent asked what I had been trying to do with the credit.  I explained and he told me "that was not very clever."  Well that was insulting!  I did just purchase the excursion outright and I realize that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding between me and the first agent but the second was incredibly rude.  I never got angry or difficult, sometimes people just have bad days I guess.

I wasn't there so can't say who in this incident was rude or not. But I know from my own experience, I've had many people I interact with call me rude. And without a doubt they are all because they heard something they did not want to hear or get their way. All my interactions are recorded and every time I am exonerated. I'm a LEO . Not saying the OP didn't deal with a rude person, but there is always the other side too. Hope it all works out. We can all get frustrated sometimes. 

I have found over the years that when you call any department at RC, and get an answer, if you

want another answer, just hang up and call again.  There does not seem to be consistency

in what we're told.  So it's hard to accept what is told to us  If wanting info on a serious

matter like passports, etc., be sure you talk to someone in authority.

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

I once tried to use two Visa gift cards for one transaction (booking an excursion) and was told by the agent that they could not split the payment but I could purchase on board credit and use that to buy the excursion.  I did this and then tried to buy the excursion but the on board credit was only available on the ship.  I was under the impression that it would apply to my account immediately (my bad, lol).  When I called back and asked why it was not on my account the agent asked what I had been trying to do with the credit.  I explained and he told me "that was not very clever."  Well that was insulting!  I did just purchase the excursion outright and I realize that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding between me and the first agent but the second was incredibly rude.  I never got angry or difficult, sometimes people just have bad days I guess.

well, that's interesting, because I have a $50 OBC (from RCI), and it was most definitely applied to an excursion I just booked for my March sailing.

20 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, that's interesting, because I have a $50 OBC (from RCI), and it was most definitely applied to an excursion I just booked for my March sailing.

Promotional OBC direct from RCI is available to use in the cruise planner before sailing. Gifted/Purchased OBC (such as from a TA or like described above purchased through Royal Gifts and applied to your sailing) is not available until you are on board.

• Like 1

When you went in to your cruise planner to book it on 1/12 it was already sold out? I know they have limited spaces but I would think the would have some left on the first day. The Key has been available for purchase for a month or two now on most cruises. My only suggestion is to call back and try again

No one can decide if the Key is worth it, it is a personal decision. It worked for me because Voom was included so it was only $5 per day. Lunch in Chops, and the very tasty looking menu for breakfast on disembarkation day sold it for me. I already have priority embarkation. I won't use the flowrider or climbing wall unless it will include paying my medical bills when my old uncoordinated self falls off. 

Edited by dacsmom

Also, sometimes they open some key slots back up (either from cancellations or who knows, maybe manufactured scarcity).  I am sailing this Sunday and The Key was sold out for my sailing on the Cruise Planner last night, but is available again today. 

3 hours ago, Dajbman22 said:

Promotional OBC direct from RCI is available to use in the cruise planner before sailing. Gifted/Purchased OBC (such as from a TA or like described above purchased through Royal Gifts and applied to your sailing) is not available until you are on board.

Yep, that’s exactly right!  I guess I didn’t even think about that and the agent didn’t mention it to me either so there is where the miscommunication was. But no matter, we booked the excursion anyway with a credit card. Just frustrating to be talked to rudely from the second person. 

19 hours ago, CruisingRoyal2001 said:

I just went through a 2 day ordeal trying to cancel my cable service with Comcast / Xfinity. Their customer service makes RCCL customer service look like a training module!

• Like 1