Celebrity internet packages

Sarah_13

9 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

It shows the same $337 for 2 devices on my 7 night cruise too but with just 10% discount. It seems they have raised the price to $32 per day.

How bizarre that my offer is the same price as yours $337 for two devices for the week and I supposedly get a 25% discount as a select member ...hmmmm

I guess if the price is the same on the ship, I might as well just purchase the package once I get on board and not purchase it prior to sailing

3 minutes ago, cruisejunkie136 said:

How bizarre that my offer is the same price as yours $337 for two devices for the week and I supposedly get a 25% discount as a select member ...hmmmm

I guess if the price is the same on the ship, I might as well just purchase the package once I get on board and not purchase it prior to sailing

It seems the price may even be cheaper on the ship. The so called discount may just be a sales tactic.

Edited by Tourist1292

On 2/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, sr4mjc said:

Yes, they don't give the Captain's Club discount on the multiple device packages, because that second (or third or fourth) is already at a discount compared to the single device.   Although it's still ridiculously expensive anyway imo.  But this does keep people from getting a 4 device package with a 25-35% discount and splitting the cost up between multiple cabins, so I don't blame them from a business perspective.   

I understand what you mean about the Captains Club discount but the promotional email was misleading stating a 10% discount on internet "packages", plural, denoting more than one when it only applied to the single device "package", singular.

Like you say, the prices are outrageous anyway. The 10% savings would've only amounted to like a little more than $50 so it really isn't a big deal. My biggest complaint at this point is the customer service agent and how she handled the matter. IMHO she is in the wrong line of work.

This being my first interaction with Celebrity Cruises and their people wasn't very good. so I reiterate "you never get a second chance to make a good first impression".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, cruisejunkie136 said:

So now I am super confused.

I accessed my celebrity cruise planner and if I pre-purchased the unlimited package for two devices for the week it is $337 (select member 25% discount applied); however, judging on the photo above (based on the new prices) 17 per device x 2 devices x 8 days it is a total of $272 which is cheaper than what was offered on my celebrity planner.

I really thought it would be less to buy ahead of time but it might serve better to purchase once on board...

arrggghhhh.. am I missing something???

I JUST DONT GET IT!!! what is the difference between what i would purchase for 337$ and what I would purchase for 272$ , Like what is the ACTUAL difference in the usage you are allotted... where do I go to purchase the less expensive package, HELP, PS we are already buying ATT international because we only have 1 sea day and want to be able to use our phones on shore thanks

4 hours ago, citygirl said:

I JUST DONT GET IT!!! what is the difference between what i would purchase for 337$ and what I would purchase for 272$ , Like what is the ACTUAL difference in the usage you are allotted... where do I go to purchase the less expensive package, HELP, PS we are already buying ATT international because we only have 1 sea day and want to be able to use our phones on shore thanks

Price went up even from September to November. I think the new price went up by around $10 per day for the first device. 

4 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Price went up even from September to November. I think the new price went up by around $10 per day for the first device. 

no what I mean is what is the difference in the usage allotment of a plan that I would buy per day vs this

Prices Starting From*$224.00 USD Adult Price Shown Reflects Your Discount

Overview

Our Xcelerate Wi-Fi service means higher-speed internet at sea, so you can now share your sumptuous dinners and exciting shore excursions with friends and family around the world. Show off your stylish stateroom via FaceTime or Skype. Stream must-see shows from your favorite apps like Netflix. Use your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to connect, or use one of our workstations in the Celebrity iLounge, open 24 hours a day. Enjoy a discounted daily rate for your entire voyage. It's your hassle-free solution to staying connected onboard.

4 hours ago, citygirl said:

If you have ONE sea day, i would NOT recommend purchasing an internet package. Buy it for that one day, or just skip a day.

13 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

If you have ONE sea day, i would NOT recommend purchasing an internet package. Buy it for that one day, or just skip a day.

i am so sorry to sound so dense but what I want to know is..... is there some type of difference in what you get with the per cruise plan vs the per day plan.... ie: is the usage limited on the per day, is the location limited etc?

3 minutes ago, citygirl said:

i am so sorry to sound so dense but what I want to know is..... is there some type of difference in what you get with the per cruise plan vs the per day plan.... ie: is the usage limited on the per day, is the location limited etc?

It should be the same unlimited high speed plan. In the September pricing, the one day access costed $55, while it is $22 per day in average when you buy the package. You may also purchase the package after embarkation and pay only for the remaining days at the package rate.

1 minute ago, Tourist1292 said:

It should be the same unlimited high speed plan. In the September pricing, the one day access costed $55, while it is $22 per day in average when you buy the package. You may also purchase the package after embarkation and pay only for the remaining days at the package rate.

image.png.d219ff95ff2f33eaa77fb7fb71c63319.png

Just now, citygirl said:

what is the difference between the 22$ per day as shown on the left side of this flyer and the 55$ per day as shown on the right side ????????

The $22 per day is a package deal from the day signing up to the end of the cruise. The $55 is paying for one day with no commitment on any additional day.

2 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

The $22 per day is a package deal from the day signing up to the end of the cruise. The $55 is paying for one day with no commitment on any additional day.

so I can pay 132$ for 6 days (if you dont get it on embarkation day as our ship doesnt even leave until 8:30 pm)

OR I can pay $224 by buying the same plan ahead of time..... who would do that ????

I feel like there must be something here that isnt right

6 minutes ago, citygirl said:

what is the difference between the 22$ per day as shown on the left side of this flyer and the 55$ per day as shown on the right side ????????

It’s in the small print under the prices

3 minutes ago, yorky said:

It’s in the small print under the prices

the only thing I see is that under the 55$ it says "continuous" does that just mean that I dont have to log in and out VS the 22$ plan or does it mean there is a limit on the amount of useage for the 22$ plan

Just now, citygirl said:

so I can pay 132$ for 6 days (if you dont get it on embarkation day as our ship doesnt even leave until 8:30 pm)

OR I can pay $224 by buying the same plan ahead of time..... who would do that ????

I feel like there must be something here that isnt right

Remember, the $22 price is from September. The current package price purchased pre-cruise is ~$35 per day but with a 10%-25% discount. I hope the on-board price would be cheaper too. Are you saying your 6-day (5-night) cruise internet package is $224 for 1 device? In that case, they may have one fixed price for purchasing internet package pre-cruise as it is exactly the same price for my 8-day (7-night) cruise.

2 minutes ago, citygirl said:

the only thing I see is that under the 55$ it says "continuous" does that just mean that I dont have to log in and out VS the 22$ plan or does it mean there is a limit on the amount of useage for the 22$ plan

"Continuous" means the 24hr is one day, not 24 hr of usage spreading out over multiple days. Same for the 1hr. The clock start ticking from your first log-in with those plans.

Edited by Tourist1292

1 minute ago, Tourist1292 said:

"Continuous" means the 24hr is one day, not 24 hr of usage spreading out over multiple days. Same for the 1hr. The clock start ticking from your first log-in with those plans.

1st of all, the flyer was posted in NOV and 2nd of all 24 hr and 1 day are traditionally the same thing hence my original question of what is the difference between the 22$ per day and the $55 per 24 hour and the 224$ unlimited package, no idea why this is so confusing, unless no one truly KNOWS the answer OR Celebrity is once again trying to confuse people in an effort to make more $

7 minutes ago, citygirl said:

If you look at the small print running under the costs it states it’s for the entire cruise. There is no limit and you don’t need to log in and out, unless it’s changed since we last used it.

Just now, yorky said:

If you look at the small print running under the costs it states it’s for the entire cruise. There is no limit and you don’t need to log in and out, unless it’s changed since we last used it.

there must be a catch, no one would pay 55$ per 24hr , if they could pay 22$ per day, its that SAME thing for almost 3 times the price

I still don't understand where is your confusion.. The $22 per day is the average per day cost when you purchase the multiple day full cruise package (no interruption in between and through the last day of the cruise). The $55 for 1 day access is for any one day that you pay for the service day by day only on the day that you want the access.

Edited by Tourist1292

Just now, citygirl said:

there must be a catch, no one would pay 55$ per 24hr , if they could pay 22$ per day, its that SAME thing for almost 3 times the price

You may be confusing two different things.   

The $55 is a one shot 24 hours of access.     The $22 is cost per day price for the entire length of the cruise (you can not sign up using this rate for a single day).      The only exception is they usually discount the Unlimited rate by 50% at the halfway point of the cruise for the remaining days of the cruise.  

5 minutes ago, citygirl said:

It’s because it’s $22 per day over the whole cruise.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, BajagirlMB said:

No, there is an iLounge on all the S-class ships. Lots of people don't travel with devices and need to use the computers there.

My solution to high internet charges is my T-Mobile phone service with international service. Texts and data are free, calls are 25cents a minute and it has worked everywhere except the southernmost tip of Tasmania and Russia. Simply walk off the ship almost anywhere and the phone pings to welcome you to wherever you are. This has saved me a LOT of money. I learned I can actually survive a day or two at sea without wi-fi, knowing I will connect in the next port.

Question about T-mobile.....  They offer roaming on Celebrity ships.  It seems to be included in some plans without any sign-up. The charge for voice calls is $5.99/min!!!!  If I'm not in airplane mode and I get a call will I be charged?