Cabin delivery of liquor once we sail?

I know I can pre-cruise order cabin delivery HERE. However, I wonder if I can order a bottle for delivery to our cabin once we've sailed? Between our wine we will carry on board and the small bottle I will order for cabin delivery prior to boarding I think we will have enough for our pre-dinner cocktails on the balcony.  But what happens if we need more?

Has anyone been able to somehow order a bottle of liquor for cabin deliver and consumption once the ship has left port? Are the prices the same? We don't drink in bars so that is not an option for us.

Thanks ya'll!

Doug

When I went on the Allure in February of last year, we stopped in St. Kitts.  While there, I picked up some gifts for our Genie and our two room stewards.  We were doing the chocolate making tour.  I asked our cabin stewards if they liked chocolate.  One did, and the other didn't.  Since I was getting everyone else chocolate, I wanted to get something for our cabin steward.  I went into the liquor store and bought him a pint of Tito's and brought it back on the ship to him in my bag no problem.  They did not take it to give to me at the end of the cruise.  I wonder if it was because it was small.  If this is the case, you can get some pints at a port and bring them back on.

I believe you can still get alcoholic drinks delivered by room service. Another alternative would be to stop at a bar and purchase individual shots, pour them into a glass and carry to your cabin. I wouldn’t count on buying small bottles in port. Just because one person got a bottle through unnoticed doesn’t mean everyone will. 

Rats. Sounds like no one has had a bottle delivered to the cabin once on board an RCI ship. I called RCCL customer service and spoke to someone who said "sure you can". But after further quizzing him, I do not think his answer was informed. It's so tough to get answers to these sort of unusual questions......hopefully someone will eventually have a definitive answer for me and others who might be interested. It's always disappointing that passengers cannot get a correct answer by calling the cruise line's customer service. Often I wonder who exactly is answering the phone based on their accent and apparent unfamiliarity with cruise line procedures.

PS - Odd. I selected "Notify me of replies" at the bottom of my posts, but rarely get any notified. I've gotten zero notifications on this topic, although I have on a couple of others on other threads.

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Rats. Sounds like no one has had a bottle delivered to the cabin once on board an RCI ship. I called RCCL customer service and spoke to someone who said "sure you can". But after further quizzing him, I do not think his answer was informed. It's so tough to get answers to these sort of unusual questions......hopefully someone will eventually have a definitive answer for me and others who might be interested. It's always disappointing that passengers cannot get a correct answer by calling the cruise line's customer service. Often I wonder who exactly is answering the phone based on their accent and apparent unfamiliarity with cruise line procedures.

PS - Odd. I selected "Notify me of replies" at the bottom of my posts, but rarely get any notified. I've gotten zero notifications on this topic, although I have on a couple of others on other threads.

I think posts 2 and 3 above provide the definitive answer.

I'm not trying to start a war here folks, come on.

If you read my original post I simple asked if anyone has requested a bottle delivered to their cabin after the ship sailed.

All I've gotten from this thread is that people THINK it is not possible, or discuss other alternates that I originally stated do not interest me. That's all, Jeez.

I have cruised enough to know that what is on the cruise line's web page, and what customer service says is often inaccurate. Simply check out bringing an using an extension cord or bringing aboard a heating pad for cabin use. Plenty of helpful info there, including a link to the form where passengers could request a waiver for those prohibitions.  I was hoping to hear from someone with actual experience who could answer my question. That has been my experience with CC in the past; learning from actual experience about cruise related things. Most folks have been very helpful.

So calm down, and don't concern yourself. It's not that big a deal to me. I'll figure out some other way to provide myself with a little scotch for our cabin.

Doug

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

You have had a definitive answer. See post 2.

You cannot get a delivery of a bottle if alcohol to your room after sailing and it is only on a few ships that you can preorder the small bottles ahead of time through the cruise planner.

51 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

If you read my original post I simple asked if anyone has requested a bottle delivered to their cabin after the ship sailed.

All I've gotten from this thread is that people THINK it is not possible, or discuss other alternates that I originally stated do not interest me. That's all, Jeez.

I have cruised enough to know that what is on the cruise line's web page, and what customer service says is often inaccurate. Simply check out bringing an using an extension cord or bringing aboard a heating pad for cabin use. Plenty of helpful info there, including a link to the form where passengers could request a waiver for those prohibitions.  I was hoping to hear from someone with actual experience who could answer my question. That has been my experience with CC in the past; learning from actual experience about cruise related things. Most folks have been very helpful.

So calm down, and don't concern yourself. It's not that big a deal to me. I'll figure out some other way to provide myself with a little scotch for our cabin.

Doug

We're really not sure what you want.  You asked "...I wonder if I can order a bottle for delivery to our cabin once we've sailed?"  As stated in post 2, the answer is "no".  This isn't just what people THINK is the answer...it IS the answer.

Edited by time4u2go

Doug

Bob stated it´s not possible and not he thinks it´s not possible.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:44 PM, Host Clarea said:

The only spirits you can get delivered to your stateroom is via the link you posted above.

RCI does not deliver bottles of liquor outside the pre-ordered small bottles.

Doug

Answer is No. There 

• Like 1

It's obvious that no one reading this thread has actually attempted to order a bottle once the ship sails, and thus has no personal experience to share. Apparently that has started a lot of animosity among readers here; for that I am sorry.

I think I'll call RCCL again and see what answer I can get from them on this subject this time. The first RCCL agent said yes I could. If the second says the same, I'll ask for an email or link that confirms I may order a bottle once we've sailed.

Wow, Cruise Critic has change a lot in the past dozen or so years I've been following it. But I don't believe this thread is representative of the entire forum. In most other thread I have gotten and given useful information based on actual experience. 

Don't reply except to others who seem to be feeding off the hostility of others above; I'm no longer following this thread.

13 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

It's obvious that no one reading this thread has actually attempted to order a bottle once the ship sails, and thus has no personal experience to share. Apparently that has started a lot of animosity among readers here; for that I am sorry.

I think I'll call RCCL again and see what answer I can get from them on this subject this time. The first RCCL agent said yes I could. If the second says the same, I'll ask for an email or link that confirms I may order a bottle once we've sailed.

Wow, Cruise Critic has change a lot in the past dozen or so years I've been following it. But I don't believe this thread is representative of the entire forum. In most other thread I have gotten and given useful information based on actual experience. 

Don't reply except to others who seem to be feeding off the hostility of others above; I'm no longer following this thread.

Sounds like you didn't get the answer you hoped for and are upset.  Oh well.

32 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

It's obvious that no one reading this thread has actually attempted to order a bottle once the ship sails, and thus has no personal experience to share.

There were about 10 of us that said it cannot be done.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Please report back here after the cruise and relate your actual experience.

37 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

It's obvious that no one reading this thread has actually attempted to order a bottle once the ship sails, and thus has no personal experience to share.

I have tried unsuccessfully on several cruises to do this. The answer has been no every time. I tried asking room service, hotel manager, and concierge.  They all apologized and said they couldn't do it.

Is that definitive enough for you? Or are you still going to ignore everyone here?

• Like 2

Why would anyone attempt to order a bottle once the ship sails when they know perfectly well that it cannot be done? While I can appreciate your frustration in not getting the answer you want, I don’t see where anyone has been snarky or mean. Years ago you could buy a bottle in the duty free shop and take it to your cabin for a surcharge (I want to say $9), but that ship has sailed and it is no longer permitted. Now, you are free to waste your time and call customer service ten times a day but no one is going to tell you you can do this, never mind put it in writing. 

7 minutes ago, gerif said:

Why would anyone attempt to order a bottle once the ship sails when they know perfectly well that it cannot be done? 

I don't really see this as a head scratcher.  What's the harm in asking?  The worst they can do is say "no".  And that is what has always happened to me.  But it's not like I got blacklisted or anything.  Cruise ships are notorious for seeing varied application of policy.  So who knows?  Maybe you'll get a concierge/manager, etc... who bites.  No harm no foul!

1 minute ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I don't really see this as a head scratcher.  What's the harm in asking?  The worst they can do is say "no".  And that is what has always happened to me.  But it's not like I got blacklisted or anything.  Cruise ships are notorious for seeing varied application of policy.  So who knows?  Maybe you'll get a concierge/manager, etc... who bites.  No harm no foul!

OK, ask, but don’t get mad at all the people who tell you it cannot be done. You come here with a question and everyone gives you the same answer - everyone, not just a few responders. Then you accuse them of being nasty because not one person said you could do it? I don’t think OP will be back here after his cruise to report his experience. 

1 minute ago, gerif said:

OK, ask, but don’t get mad at all the people who tell you it cannot be done. You come here with a question and everyone gives you the same answer - everyone, not just a few responders. Then you accuse them of being nasty because not one person said you could do it? I don’t think OP will be back here after his cruise to report his experience. 

Ummm.... I'm not the OP.  I accusing anyone of anything. I actually answered the OPs question.