New TV Channels

spyingeyes

I like HGTV, Food Channel and Discovery, but will definitely  miss my daily CNN fix for news, especially mornings while eating breakfast in our cabin. Used to like TNT, too, during rest breaks in the afternoons. Never really watched  much TV on cruises, but did like to keep up with the news.

• Like 1

Just to make sure I'm on the same page; Is the map channel the one that shows where the ship is sailing, latitude, longitude and temperature? On my Horizon cruise this past September first Southern Caribbean itinerary for Carnival's newest ship. One of the things that stood out: There was no map/ship coordinates channel on this cruise. I wonder if that was because of the first time sailing, malfunctions etc?

CCL%20Map%20from%20MIA.jpg

2 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

Just off the Vista last week , We had channel 34  , Ocean Trek ,was a good channel , Travel to different port's ports   world wide   ,showing excursions ect  Never saw the same one twice 

I like that show. It's on ABC saturdays at 8:30 am. My thing is I like watching travel channels when I'm not traveling...I don't like watching them while I'm traveling. 

13 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Just to make sure I'm on the same page; Is the map channel the one that shows where the ship is sailing, latitude, longitude and temperature? On my Horizon cruise this past September first Southern Caribbean itinerary for Carnival's newest ship. One of the things that stood out: There was no map/ship coordinates channel on this cruise. I wonder if that was because of the first time sailing, malfunctions etc?

CCL%20Map%20from%20MIA.jpg

Yes, the map channel is as you describe, though on the ships I have been on it doesn't look much like the image you posted - lots of dark blue and black, IIRC.  I took photos of the TV map just for the heck of it to record progress, but none are uploaded anywhere, otherwise I'd share.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That looks worse to me. On the old lineup I could sometimes find things I liked on TBS, TNT, TCM or TruTv. The new lineup....I don't watch any of those channels.

I agree.  I think the old line-up is much better.

16 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The only channels I care about are the map, forward, aft camera and the movie channel.  We like to fall asleep at night watching a movie.  By the end of the cruise, chances are we would have watch one whole movie.  LOL.

That's us!! We always joke that we've seen the whole movie but not necessarily from start to finish. More like middle, end, beginning or end, beginning, middle, etc.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, Doggielover68 said:

This looks like some good additions. Food Network and HGTV are always good for killing time during the "in between" moments. 

When we're in the cabin in the morning w/ coffee, post-excursions, getting ready for dinner, before going to bed, are all times that we have the tv on.

Other than that, we're not spending time in the cabin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yes, the map channel is as you describe, though on the ships I have been on it doesn't look much like the image you posted - lots of dark blue and black, IIRC.  I took photos of the TV map just for the heck of it to record progress, but none are uploaded anywhere, otherwise I'd share.

I Duck Duck Go.com an image search for Carnival map channel maps. This was the easiest to copy. I'm still surprised why the Horizon didn't have the navigation/map channel available. Glad to hear that that was an anomaly and not part of the cruise line's dollar store model of shrinking and eliminating amenities. Today, reduced channels and no citrus fruits in the cold water bowls at the spa. tomorrow the new lifesavers instead of the vests this: 8668956950_8c4cae2c5d_h_1024x1024.jpg?v=1499291726

Can't say I am a fan. TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network were good late night channels to fall asleep to. Seems like most of the new channels are primarily "reality" tv show channels, which drive me insane. 

Looks like Netflix downloads to the laptop are my friend. Just wish they'd unblock the HDMI port on the TVs - that is probably the single most annoying policy they have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bchandler02 said:

Can't say I am a fan. TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network were good late night channels to fall asleep to. Seems like most of the new channels are primarily "reality" tv show channels, which drive me insane. 

Looks like Netflix downloads to the laptop are my friend. Just wish they'd unblock the HDMI port on the TVs - that is probably the single most annoying policy they have. 

Yes that is what we do Netflix downloads. Works great.

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

Netflix does not download to PC laptops only IOS, just for clarification. we bring DVD's and a portable player

It absolutely does, at least on Win 10 with their app. Use it all the time, looking at it right now. 

• Like 2