New dinner on "O"- Hello HAL- please take notice!

frankc98376

Why on earth would you expect HAL to take notice of something done by "O."  In our experience HAL takes little notice of anything innovative and is content to spin tales about it's long history :).  When it comes to cuisine, HAL has a "more of the same" attitude.  And we agree with the comment that "Dom" is overrated and certainly overpriced.  If you want to have some expensive fun, invite a group of friends over for dinner and have a blind tasting of French Champagnes.  Make sure you toss a bottle of Kirkland (Costco's brand) Champagne as well as basic Moet, a decent Prosecco, and also some Don.  You might be shocked at how the blind ratings (done by your friends) turn out :).

Hank

When I read it I thought that it may make a good use for the infamous Club Orange space on the new ships.  Would need to be scaled down and less $$ I;m sure but they could offer all of the special dinners they do now in PG on that room

2 hours ago, frankc98376 said:

When I read it I thought that it may make a good use for the infamous Club Orange space on the new ships.  Would need to be scaled down and less $$ I;m sure but they could offer all of the special dinners they do now in PG on that room

The Cellar Master Dinner on our Koningsdam cruise in September was held in the Club Orange, known as ATK at the time.  The previous one in January was held in Tamarind, a much better location. 

21 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

The Cellar Master Dinner on our Koningsdam cruise in September was held in the Club Orange, known as ATK at the time.  The previous one in January was held in Tamarind, a much better location. 

In Club Orange?  That doesn’t seem to cut the ambience to me for a Cellar Master Dinner.

I agree, Tamarind or Pinnacle are a much better location for this.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

In Club Orange?  That doesn’t seem to cut the ambience to me for a Cellar Master Dinner.

If it's good enough for Pinnacle Suite passengers it should be good enough for Cellar Masters  🙂

I can hear someone in Seattle saying that

Just now, frankc98376 said:

If it's good enough for Pinnacle Suite passengers it should be good enough for Cellar Masters  🙂

LOL - I can hear them saying that too BUT..

I suspect it is not good enough for some Pinnacle Suite/Neptune Suite guests.

I’m not thrilled with it.  A Pinnacle Grill on ships with views beats this IMO.

Thankfully, it’s not a worry for me on my next cruise. 😉  No Club Orange on that ship and no NS.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

1 minute ago, frankc98376 said:

It wasn't the best location for what is normally a very nice dinner.  The food was excellent and the wine pairings well thought out BUT bright lights, outside traffic and uncomfortable seating :classic_sad:

The Tamarind was an ideal location, even better than the Pinnacle Grill in our opinion.  We had 2 on a 21-day cruise and both were completely sold out (approx 70 attendees each time).

Dining experiences like the one described are truly memorable and remarkable.  Disney Cruise Line has the Remy restaurant which is $230 per person when paired with wine, and well worth the cost.  I recall that all of the staff were astonishingly good looking, both men and women!  Finishing the meal with a glass of Taylor Fladgate Scion port wrapped up a great experience.

If we were to travel on Oceania, they would have to hold a spot for us.

Good thing Tamarind is priced nice!

3 hours ago, HUNKY said:

Dining experiences like the one described are truly memorable and remarkable.  Disney Cruise Line has the Remy restaurant which is $230 per person when paired with wine, and well worth the cost.  I recall that all of the staff were astonishingly good looking, both men and women!  Finishing the meal with a glass of Taylor Fladgate Scion port wrapped up a great experience.

If we were to travel on Oceania, they would have to hold a spot for us.

Good thing Tamarind is priced nice!

What on Earth do the looks of the waiters have to do with asking a ludicrous price?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ever notice the cocktail waitresses in Vegas?   As a gay man even I noticed that those at Bellagio were quite a bit different looking than those at the Flamingo or Circus Circus.  Just an observation!