Oasis propulsion problem speculation?

vanelli56

19 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

That is a picture of the Queen Victoria at T10.  

that is QV at T-10 today but as I mentioned the image is not 'real time'

for example, AIS data shows QV is facing EAST while your image shows a vessel facing WEST (Carn' vessel atho technically Cunard IS Carnival) as illustrated in my screen dump from Marine Traffic

Sorry but that’s not the QV. zoom ou5 on the photo.

9945277E-8750-47D2-8B07-439DFC314CED.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

DOH!  That's what I get for just pulling up the first tracker I googled, and not looking more closely!  

Can I claim not-enough-caffeine as a legal defense????

Maybe it's just your level of sheer ignorance is amazing..............like you said to me in another thread.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe it's just your level of sheer ignorance is amazing..............like you said to me in another thread.

Only pertaining to ship-tracking, as it's not something I usually engage in.  

However, on the other thread, you didn't have the tiniest bit of a clue, and I have a bit more experience in that matter.   But it didn't become an issue until you started trying to make excuses that made no sense... that's when the ignorance reared its ugly head.

At least when I post something stupid, I admit my mistake... not try to argue why my stupid thing was right in the face of all the evidence that it was wrong!

Edited by brillohead

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Don't you two sound like the President and Congress.  Maybe time for a different career for you both.:classic_biggrin:

Well, I don't claim to be an expert at ship-tracking..... and I don't track people down in other threads just to call them names.... and I can admit when I'm wrong, so I don't think politics is for me!

Edited by brillohead

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When did Queen Victoria get a Whale Tail?

Carnival was docked north of that picture at their dock.  The Queen Victoria was docked at T10.  Believe me, we passed right by it to get to Oasis yesterday.  

The picture posted was not up to date.  

Edited by island lady

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Carnival was docked north of that picture at their dock.  The Queen Victoria was docked at T10.  Believe me, we passed right by it to get to Oasis yesterday.  

The picture posted was not up to date.  

Not sure which terminal is which but there was only only ship in the image that you quoted  and it wasn’t the QV.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure which terminal is which but there was only only ship in the image that you quoted  and it wasn’t the QV.

That was not my picture. Someone else posted it, which was not updated to live time.  The Queen Victoria cruised into port around 5:30 am on Sunday, well ahead of the delayed Oasis.  There were 4 ships in port yesterday.  The Oasis, Carnival, the Queen Victoria, and later the Anthem showed up. 

I live near Port Canaveral and have lived here for 25 years.  I just might know a bit about the port and the terminals.  And since I am currently on Oasis, having driven right past the Queen Victoria docked at Terminal 10 yesterday....do you possibly think I might know what I am talking about there??!!  :classic_dry:  Sheezz...

• Haha 1

The ship positions may be approximately real time, which is why it shows the ship as being QV, but the satellite picture overlaid on the AIS chart is stock footage from some time in the past, as much a few years ago.  AIS does not use satellite imagery, it just gets a data package from the ship showing route information.  That is an old Google Earth photo, most likely, that had a Carnival ship docked at the time.

Thank you OP for posting your observations.

Oasis has had propulsion issues in the past, see the link. There are various shipping web sites that record the happenings of ships summarizing illness, mechanical issues, port cancellations etc.

www.cruisemapper.com/accidents/Oasis-Of-The-Seas-690

1 hour ago, Doubt It said:

Thank you OP for posting your observations.

Oasis has had propulsion issues in the past, see the link. There are various shipping web sites that record the happenings of ships summarizing illness, mechanical issues, port cancellations etc.

www.cruisemapper.com/accidents/Oasis-Of-The-Seas-690

As have virtually every cruise ship still afloat.  And, you will note that the last "propulsion/power failure" incident was 5 years ago.  And, this can only be considered a "propulsion issue" in a very general, lay person interpretation.  Most CC members use "propulsion issues" to blanket describe a wide area of concerns that cover a wide selection of equipment, and seem to feel there is systemic problems if a ship has a couple within a year, when they very well could have been totally unrelated failures.

Interesting that despite "not wanting to raise alarms", the OP has not returned to say that the apparent "problem" has been resolved and the ship is doing full speed, as confirmed by another member onboard, and by AIS tracking.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That was not my picture. Someone else posted it, which was not updated to live time.  The Queen Victoria cruised into port around 5:30 am on Sunday, well ahead of the delayed Oasis.  There were 4 ships in port yesterday.  The Oasis, Carnival, the Queen Victoria, and later the Anthem showed up. 

I live near Port Canaveral and have lived here for 25 years.  I just might know a bit about the port and the terminals.  And since I am currently on Oasis, having driven right past the Queen Victoria docked at Terminal 10 yesterday....do you possibly think I might know what I am talking about there??!!  :classic_dry:  Sheezz...

You were the one that quoted the image  and said that was the QV.  I was merely pointing out that the image you quoted was not the QV.  

I am not doubting that the QV was in port when you said it was.

Edited by Ourusualbeach