Table for 8

BENHANDEL

I am taking a 4-day in March with a dear friend-just moms and kids, 8 people total. 

When I sailed with my family in December, we asked for a table just for the five of us. Do we need to do that again for our group of 8? Are we too big for a regular table so may be sat at a larger table with strangers?

5 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

Be sure to visit the Maitre D when you board .

They should be able to accommodate that request. 

Strange as it might seem...

there's usually someone manning the Maitre D' station

at the entrance of the Dining Room stated on your cruise card

during the day, to handle requests such as yours.

Don't wait until half-hour before dinner.

Get on board, unpack

and go to your Dining Room to see what they can do for you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I would also consider that a table for 8 will make some conversation hard to hear (ambient noise in the MDR).  A better solution might be 2 4-tops next to each other.  Just a thought.

That is a great idea! Can we move them closer to one another?

10 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

We had a table for 8 (can't remember which ship) & our table was by a window.  Last year, we had a table for 11, but not by a window. 

Was it a table sized for 8? Or was your group spread out at a huge table?

Have your reservations all linked. This way, when you arrive to the MDR they will see you are a party of 8. They will also see that there are minors in your party and keep you all together.

This needs to be done thru your travel agent or however you booked the cruise.

LINK your cabin reservations - that way they will seat that grouped set of reservations at one table.

I searched for the term LINK on the Carnival topics - here are 3  examples of what I was getting -

Call your TA   you will need their booking numbers and the name the cabin is booked under .  I called Carnival (booked with them)  to link with my brother and sister  and that is the info they asked me for as well as their pin number but I dont know if the TA needs that or not.  

It should be at the bottom of your booking confirmation in the section titled Guest Notes.

You can always call Carnival and ask them if you are not sure. That's what we did to make sure that my aunt's, my mom's, and my bookings were linked. They were very helpful.

Yep! We've had a table with 7 and 10 of us before. And we've never had any conversation problems either. But we also used a TA and had all our bookings linked together. That made it super easy since we didn't have to do anything, they just put us all at one table together.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, BoDidly said:

Be sure to visit the Mitra D when you board .They should be able to accommodate that request. 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, Aplmac said:

Strange as it might seem...

there's usually someone manning the Maitre D' station

at the entrance of the Dining Room stated on your cruise card

during the day, to handle requests such as yours.

Don't wait until half-hour before dinner.

Get on board, unpack

and go to your Dining Room to see what they can do for you.

As long as your reservations are linked, they will have you all at the same table.  Check your S&S cards once you get them. It will tell on them what table you are assigned.  If they aren't all the same, then go see the Maitre'd.  When you get to your cabin, look at the Fun Times that will be on your bed.  It will give a specific time of when you can go to the dining room to speak with the Maitre'd.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

As long as your reservations are linked, they will have you all at the same table.  Check your S&S cards once you get them. It will tell on them what table you are assigned.  If they aren't all the same, then go see the Maitre'd.  When you get to your cabin, look at the Fun Times that will be on your bed.  It will give a specific time of when you can go to the dining room to speak with the Maitre'd.  

We always do “anytime dining” and have our reservations linked. Our cards do not show a table.  

As as long as you link them together you’ll be fine.

We’ve never sailed with more than 4 of us, but this time there’ll be 9 of us across 4 rooms. I called and linked the rooms together (2 rooms were booked by me and 2 rooms by another family member). That’s supposed to make sure we are seated together at dinner, though I’ll check with the Maitre D once were on board. 

45 minutes ago, goofygal531 said:

We always do “anytime dining” and have our reservations linked. Our cards do not show a table.  

As as long as you link them together you’ll be fine.

That's true if you're doing ATD but the OP never said they were. That's why I said to look on their cards.

9 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Um , are you sure??  Have seen many with double 4 tops.

3 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

The upper decks of all of the dining rooms we have been assigned to have had rectangle tables for 8 just like in the picture that CoolOne56 posted.

I agree that it would most likely be an 8 top, but again, I was just posturing that there are other options given.  Not trying to make waves, just stating what we have experienced.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

Our table for 11 was like the one on the left.

20171015_214455_001.jpg

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

No need to link reservations if you are doing YTD.  You can show up with whatever combo and they will seat you together.  Linking is ONLY needed for assigned dining tables.  

We are assigned dining and linked. We have an allergy on our group so assigned works best.