Coco Cay cabana

So we booked our 1st cruise. Yay! Now I’m looking at what’s available on Coco Cay for cabanas. I’m not sure which is best, Oasis Cabana, Chill Island cabana or a bungalow? Obviously, given the price difference the bungalow should come with less. Does anyone know what are the differences and which price tag is worth it? We want a place to relax. My kids are teens and up and there are 5 of us. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, GoffCruise said:

So we booked our 1st cruise. Yay! Now I’m looking at what’s available on Coco Cay for cabanas. I’m not sure which is best, Oasis Cabana, Chill Island cabana or a bungalow? Obviously, given the price difference the bungalow should come with less. Does anyone know what are the differences and which price tag is worth it? We want a place to relax. My kids are teens and up and there are 5 of us. Thanks!

This is a tough question to answer as some of the cabanas you are asking about are not even in existence yet (Perfect Day is not scheduled to open until May).    When is your cruise?  

here is a link to RCI's description of the offerings.   As far as prices, they vary by ship and sailing.  As far as the "worth it" question, you are the only one who can say if a specific price is worth what you want to get from the cabana.

Steve

When are you going?

The new ones are SUPPOSED to be open in May, but considering that the pier was SUPPOSED to be finished last September, and now they are saying March........

The Chill Island ones, as I understand it, are the current ones.  They are located near the wave runners.  The other ones, if you book, could be canceled if they are not actually completed.

You get a covered section with a sofa, a cooler, a porch with loungers, and additional loungers on the sand.  There is a roped off section to swim and snorkel.

There is a special buffet in that area for the cabana and full suite guests.  The meats are grilled right there.  Also a bar for that area.

The bungalows are further around the island.  There is a tram to take you, if you don't want to walk.  They are smaller, no porch.  There is a special menu, that you order at least 1 day prior, and it delivered to the bungalow.  The water in that area is very shallow for quite a distance out.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

When are you going?

The new ones are SUPPOSED to be open in May, but considering that the pier was SUPPOSED to be finished last September, and now they are saying March........

The Chill Island ones, as I understand it, are the current ones.  They are located near the wave runners.  The other ones, if you book, could be canceled if they are not actually completed.

You get a covered section with a sofa, a cooler, a porch with loungers, and additional loungers on the sand.  There is a roped off section to swim and snorkel.

There is a special buffet in that area for the cabana and full suite guests.  The meats are grilled right there.  Also a bar for that area.

The bungalows are further around the island.  There is a tram to take you, if you don't want to walk.  They are smaller, no porch.  There is a special menu, that you order at least 1 day prior, and it delivered to the bungalow.  The water in that area is very shallow for quite a distance out.

Thanks for the info! We are going in July. Hopefully most of the construction is done by then. I was leaning toward booking the Chill Island cabana. Should I book right away? Do they sell out quickly? 

We will be going first week in April.  Do suite guests have options for renting a cabana or if we want one will our genie take care of it for us.  I know on Labadee we just let the genie know when we were contacted and he reserved one for us.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We will be going first week in April.  Do suite guests have options for renting a cabana or if we want one will our genie take care of it for us.  I know on Labadee we just let the genie know when we were contacted and he reserved one for us.  Thanks

The genie will handle renting a cabana, assuming the facilities are ready.

I was think that would be the case but just wanted to gather information in case I needed to reserve one.  Thanks.  Were you on Anthem in Sept 2018?  There were guys talking about watching football and I was one who could not figure out why you would go on a cruise and then want to spend the time watching TV.  Anyway, thanks for the info.  You are a wealth of knowledge.

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

I was think that would be the case but just wanted to gather information in case I needed to reserve one.  Thanks.  Were you on Anthem in Sept 2018?  There were guys talking about watching football and I was one who could not figure out why you would go on a cruise and then want to spend the time watching TV.  Anyway, thanks for the info.  You are a wealth of knowledge.

Nope, not on Anthem at all yet.

23 hours ago, GoffCruise said:

Thanks for the info! We are going in July. Hopefully most of the construction is done by then. I was leaning toward booking the Chill Island cabana. Should I book right away? Do they sell out quickly? 

I would book Chill Island only, as they exist now.

I would book IMMEDIATELY, as they do sell out.

• 2 weeks later...